final

Love in 1950

A few days later Baekhyun asks him to go to the hills since you can see stars at night. Chanyeol always loved the stars and being alone with Baekhyun is his 2nd hobby, so why not? The stars were visible. Both males were laying on the grass, looking at the stars.

 

“Baekhyun may I ask you something?”

Baekhyun looked at him

“sure”

“how do you know that you like that person? Are you sure that it’s a crush”

Baekhyun smiled upon hearing the word ‘crush’

“Yes I’m pretty sure that it’s a crush and it will probably develop in love interest”

 

“but.. how are you so sure about that?” Chanyeol asked

 

“because I can’t stop thinking about him. He is always on my mind and seeing or hearing his name brightens my whole mood”

 

“then.. when do you love someone?”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “you love someone when your mind is always filled with that person, you are in love when you want to be with that person 24/7. You are in love if you want to do things together like kissing or cuddling for example. you know that you are in love when you want to do everything for that person and last.. when you want to protect that person from any harm.”

 

Chanyeol could relate what with Baekhyun said. Finally, he knew what that strange feeling meant. He was in love with Baekhyun.

 

“I-I understand”

 

“so tell me Chanyeol, have you ever been in love?” Chanyeol hesitated. Should he be honest? No, he shouldn’t. It had to stay a secret. Baekhyun likes somebody else and he should respect that even if it hurts.

 

“no..”

 

Baekhyun looked disappointed “I see.. well maybe you should go home Chanyeol, your parents are probably worried”

 

“Baekhyun wait!” but Baekhyun went already home. Why was Baekhyun so upset? Is it because of what he said? No that can’t be, he is probably tired.

 

It still bothered Chanyeol in his sleep.

 

 

 

Everything was going well after the hill talk. Baekhyun acted like the usual and he looked happy but Chanyeol calls bull . The spark in Baekhyun’s eyes was missing. Baekhyun probably felt really sad but tries to hide it. Except that everything was going well until one day. It was in the evening. Chanyeol was like always reading a book and maybe a little bit thinking about Baekhyun. Until he heard heaving bouncing on the door. Who could that be? By the sounds of his mother, it must be someone they knew because his mother sounded worried. Chanyeol couldn’t take it anymore and decided to go downstairs. What he didn’t expect was a crying Baekhyun. Chanyeol stopped thinking and instantly went to Baekhyun. “Baekhyun… w-why are you crying?” Baekhyun cried even harder. Chanyeol couldn’t take the sight of a crying Baekhyun anymore and go upstairs. Who made Baekhyun cry? It made Chanyeol so angry and Chanyeol himself was even surprised by his mood. A few minutes later he heard someone walking on the stairs. It was Baekhyun wrapped around in a blanket. Sobs dried

 

“Chanyeol.. m-may I hug y-you?” that was all Chanyeol needed before he hugged the male. Baekhyun began to cry again “hush… it’s all right. I’m here” They were sitting on Chanyeol’s bed. Baekhyun crying on Chanyeols shoulders while Chanyeol was holding Baekhyuns head and his hair. “Chanyeol… Do you think I’m disgusting?” Baekhyun was far from being disgusting. “no! not all. What made you think like that?”

 

“my parents found out Chanyeol... T-they heard m-“ and Baekhyun cried even harder. “It’s going to be all right. I’m here for you” Baekhyun looked up to Chanyeol. His eyes were red. “M-my parents are sending me off to the city…” Chanyeol was shocked. “b-but why?...”

 

“They want me to become a real man by living on my own and finding a job in the city. They also know that it’s someone from this village so, that’s also a reason why they are sending me off to the city… Chanyeol I’m going to miss you”

 

Chanyeol was shocked. He didn’t know Baekhyun for that long but he already had feelings for him. Honestly, he didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want Baekhyun to leave but what choice did he have. The most he wants is to go with Baekhyun to the city, but his parents probably won’t allow him, since they just moved here. “I’m going to miss you too Baekhyun” and held the boy tighter.

 

 

 

The next day Chanyeol waved Baekhyun goodbye. Together they made a promise. That Chanyeol will go to the city in 5 years when he is 19 to visit him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 years later

 

Chanyeol missed the scent of the city, namely the sound of the traffic. The city didn’t change much in 3 years, it’s what he expected.

 

Their promise was that Chanyeol would visit in 5 years, but he broke his promise. It was so hard for Chanyeol that he had already missed the presence of Baekhyun after 1 day. Thereafter He wasn’t able to make friends, since he got depressed and his parents knew it, that’s why they encouraged Chanyeol to go to the city not only to find Baekhyun but also to confess. 3 years later he is in the city and now he was finally going to see Baekhyun. His beloved, beautiful, longtime love.

 

While Chanyeol was in the village, he still received letters from Baekhyun. Baekhyun who was writing about how different the city is and that he already made friends. They wrote lovely things to each other, but there is one thing that Baekhyun didn’t write. His address.

 

Where the hell is Chanyeol supposed to find Baekhyun? Honestly, it was dumb to come here before asking the address, But Chanyeol does stupid things because of love.

 

Since Chanyeol only had breakfast, he was hungry, so he decided to find a restaurant. There was one around the corner and it didn’t look that expensive. He greeted the people and ordered something small. While eating he noticed a poster. On the poster was a man who was playing the piano, you couldn’t see his face but you could tell by his shadow that must have a handsome face. Honestly, Chanyeol saw this as a good idea to get the city know more since he is going to be there for a while.

 

The curtains were still closed when Chanyeol got his seat and the performance could start any moment. When the curtains opened, he saw a man with an average height. He had beautiful black hair and was dressed in a suit. Chanyeol had to admit, the man was very handsome. Somehow he looked familiar, but he couldn’t point out who, then the pianist spoke

 

“Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I thank you for coming to my performance of tonight. My first play is going to be a song I composed for someone I haven’t seen in years, but this person is very special to me. Chanyeol could relate to the man and that’s why he was looking forward to the show.

 

What Chanyeol didn’t expect that the pianist was singing. He had a voice of an angel and Chanyeol enjoyed it a lot. Then he listened to the lyrics and he got shocked.

 

The pianist was singing about this person who he misses very much, basically, he is confessing his love to that person. But what made Chanyeol shocked was the fact that Chanyeol could relate to the whole lyrics. The pianist was singing about the fact that he met that person when he lived in the village and that they stared together at the stars. Because Chanyeol did the same with Baekhyun.

 

It couldn’t be… Honestly, he did kind of look like Baekhyun, but he couldn’t really tell under that make-up. He had to see him from up close.

 

After the performance, everyone clapped including Chanyeol. When everyone was done throwing roses at Baekhyun Chanyeol made his way to the stage. He was so nervous, everyone would be after not seeing your love interest after 3 years.

 

When Chanyeol got the stage he saw how beautiful this person was. He still couldn’t tell if it was Baekhyun, the man must have changed a lot in 3 years. Puberty must have hit him hard. The pianist who saw Chanyeol smiled.

 

“Hello can I help you?” the pianist asked. “That was a really great performance… where did you exactly learn to play like that?” he did it. He had asked the pianist the question that will confirm if it’s Baekhyun or not. The pianist smiled “I learned it from the person I was talking about the whole song”

 

Chanyeol’s whole mood lighted up. It was his Baekhyun. Honestly, he wanted to hug the male and tell him how much he had missed him but he decided to play the game a little bit “was his name perhaps Chanyeol?” Baekhyun looked up very shocked “H-how did you know?”

 

Chanyeol smirked

 

“because maybe he standing right in front of you”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes got very wide “C-chanyeol!? Is that you?” Chanyeol smiled. Finally, he was able to hug the smaller. It felt so right and Chanyeol couldn’t have been happier at the moment. “I’m kind of disappointed that you didn’t recognize me”

 

“for god's sake Chanyeol, it has been 3 years you w- wait a minute. 3 years? Did you break your promise?

Chanyeol grinned “it was so hard to live without you. I couldn’t wait for 5 years and now that you have confessed your love to me, it’s time for my confession”

 

Baekhyun who was confident most of the time got shy and blushed. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hands and hold them with all his love.

 

“Byun Baekhyun. Our first encounter wasn’t really friendly” Baekhyun smiled upon remembering it. “my hatred for you changed into something else. Love. When you asked me on the hill if I had ever been I love, I answered no, but I lied to you, since I thought that you were in love with someone else. You were my first love and you still are. I realised that I can’t live without you and that I need you by my side. So Byun Baekhyun allow me to stay by your side as your lover”

 

There was silence after Chanyeol’s confession and it made Chanyeol for some reason nervous

 

“Chanyeol you idiot, just kiss me already” Chanyeol smiled before he kissed the life out of Baekhyun. The kiss wasn’t that passionate, but it was full of love, the feeling of finally seeing the love of your life. Baekhyun’s arms found a way around Chanyeol necks and the kiss got deeper.

 

When they broke away, they both smiled. Then Baekhyun decided to break the silence “I must say, puberty did you good. I couldn’t recognize you at all”

 

“I must say the same to you. You grew up to be a beautiful man.”

 

“Hey, I’m not beautiful. I’m handsome” Baekhyun still loved it when Chanyeol said that, because he was blushing.

 

They rested their foreheads on each other “either way you are mine and I’m yours” said Chanyeol

“yes, I’m yours and you are mine.”


Hello readers! this is the last chapter so the final of this story and I have my reasons updating not on the day I told you guys. First of all, I had a week full of tests so I was busy, furthermore, I forgot that I had promised to update. Due these reasons I wanted to update next week but I couldn't because of the news of Jonghyun passing away. It broke my heart and it was difficult for me to accept (check my blog for more information) Anyway I hope you liked it. It would be nice if you would comment something nice or feedback in the comment section :)