Crying

Solem et Lunam

Beads of sweat were forming on her forehead as she ran as fast as she can. Panting. Heart racing. Moonbyul was doing some chores at home when she received a call from her friend, Hyejin, who happenened to also be a bartender in this club where she was headed to, telling her about a drunk, pink-haired girl. At that moment, Moonbyul knew who Hyejin was talking about.

 

 

"Byul? Tell me this is Moon Byulyi."

 

"Yeah, it's me. Who is this? Why do you have Yongsun's phone?"

 

"Oh, thank god. It's me, . Hyejin. You got to come here fast, Byul. Your friend is so hammered... and she's been bawling her eyes out."

 

"I'm coming. Please look after her."

 

Good thing for Moonbyul, the club was only a few blocks away from her house. She would have gotten there in a few minutes though, if not for the bad traffic. So she chose to run. She got a few curses here and there from the people she bumped and for cutting in the line into the club and pushing the bouncer just to get in. She looked around and tried to spot her friends from the sea of people inside the hyped place.

 

Moonbyul was close to being pissed when she couldn't see the two. She turned around to check on the other corners of the club when she was greeted by Hyejin.

 

"You, , broke inside! You could've gotten into trouble with the bouncers. Thank goodness I was friends with them. The last thing I wanna see now is you getting thrown out, you ."

 

Moonbyul could only care less. Hyejin's nagging fell on deaf ears. "Where is she? I told you to look after her. Why did you leave her side?"

 

Hyejin rolled her eyes. She took the taller girl's wrist and pulled her, pushing and squeezing their way through heated bodies of intoxicated people. Still, Moonbyul could only care less. Yongsun occupied her mind and seeing her safe was the only thing that would set her mind in ease.

 

"Do you even think I'd leave her alone when I see preying eyes on her when she was alone, sitting by the bar? She's been getting different drinks from these secret admirers , until she just started crying. I couldn't talk to her so I thought I should get some help from her contacts." Hyejin explained, stopping by a door which she opened, revealing a room with Yongsun inside.

 

A relieved sigh was released. Moonbyul thanked Hyejin and apologized for the trouble. "Don't do anything nasty in this room, Moon Byulyi. This room is not paid and I just borrowed it." Hyejin said before leaving the two.


For the first time after she received the call, she chuckled. She thanked Hyejin again and then approached Yongsun who was lying on her stomach on the couch, sobbing.

 

"Yongsun."

 

When Yongsun looked up, what Moonbyul saw broke her heart. Yongsun looked like a wreck. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her face was in a shade of red, probably because she was really drunk. Her hair, disheveled. What happened to Yongsun was still a mystery to Moonbyul, but she did a mental note to fight whatever, or whoever got her into this state.

 

Yongsun took a good five seconds to recognize the woman in front of her. She threw her arms around Moonbyul's neck and hugged her. Moonbyul brought a hand on Yongsun's back and soothed the girl with a rub.

 

"He left me, Byul-ah. He broke up with me!" she cried.

 

So that was it, Moonbyul thought. A surprise, she admitted, since she never knew Yongsun had a boyfriend. A BOYfriend. And the woman never told her about it. Moonbyul didn't know what hurt more. The fact that Yongsun had a boyfriend, or that she hid about her relationship from her. Probably the first one.

 

"H-how long have you been like this, hm? You hide pretty well, Yong." Moonbyul said in a light-hearted tone in an attempt to at least lighten up the mood a little.

 

Yongsun did not answer. Moonbyul sighed.

 

"I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure that guy is stupid for letting go of someone special like you. Hey..." Moonbyul pulled back from the hug and held Yongsun at arms length. She wiped the tears staining Yongsun's cheeks and smiled at her. "Silly girl. He doesn't deserve your tears. He doesn't deserve you. It's his loss, not yours. Cry your heart out now, but be happy for the rest of the days. You deserve to be happy and treated like a queen. I swear this, Yongsun. I... I don't like seeing you like this, Yongsun. It hurts me so much. This is not the right time to bring this up again, but Yongsun, you mean the world to me. I would do anything just to make you happy."

 

Yongsun was mum, but she heard each and every word Moonbyul said. Somehow, like magic, Moonbyul's words calmed her down that crying turned to sobbing, and sobbing turned to just sniffing. Yongsun smiled at Moonbyul. Although small, it was enough for Moonbyul to be assured that Yongsun was going to be fine.

 

It did not take a while before Moonbyul pulled Yongsun into a tight hug once again. "I'll be here with you. I'll be your support, okay?"

 

Yongsun hummed and said, "Wait for me, Byul-ah."

 

 


Crying
"You're still crying about him, aren't you? Silly girl. What good will it do you to spill those sky blue tears? You meant either everything to him or absolutely nothing at all."

- Lang Leav