"I’m a good-for-nothing who only has a heart."

Congratulations

The front door swung open and little footsteps immediately ran in and rushed upstairs.

Woohyun followed right after. “Kim Myungsoo!”

A door slammed in response and Woohyun flinched before sighing. It wasn’t like he didn’t expect this reaction. He just didn’t think he’d encounter a rebellious Myungsoo so early. He thought he at least had until the boy reached puberty.

Ugh, his head was aching.

“What happened?”

His mother came out of the kitchen, eyebrows raised in question.

Woohyun had no choice but to explain to her that Sunggyu showed up at Myungsoo’s school, that they fought in front of their son, that he said some things that were uncalled for and hurt his husband’s feelings. He didn’t know why he felt guilty at that when it was Sunggyu who hurt him first.

When he was done, his mother was shaking her head. “You stubborn kids,” she said. “You know… if your father had begged the way Sunggyu did and made as much of an effort with you, kids, like Sunggyu is doing, I probably would have taken him back.”

Woohyun furrowed his brows at her.

Mrs. Nam rolled her eyes. “Don’t look at me like that, I’m just saying that you and your husband need to talk. A real talk.” She flashed him a pointed look. “You’re not just husbands, Woohyun. You’re partners. Sunggyu is trying to fix your relationship and if you want it to work, you need to compromise.”

“Umma! He cheated on me!” Woohyun exclaimed, feeling scandalized. “Why should I compromise? It’s him who has to make it up to me!”

“Exactly, but you haven’t given him the chance,” she pointed out. Woohyun couldn’t argue with her there. “I’m not saying that he’s not at fault because he is. But, he’s not hiding or running away, he’s trying to save your relationship. But, he can’t do it alone.”

Woohyun swallowed. “I… I don’t know if I’m ready to forgive him yet.”

“I understand.” His mother placed a comforting hand on his arm. “It’s not easy, I know. And you can take as much time as you need for yourself. But, eventually, you need to face him. Remember, it’s not just the two of you in this relationship.” She looked up the stairs. “You have a little one who must be very confused and hurt right now. You need to explain to him what’s going on, as much as you can.”

He knew his mother was right. Of course, she was. She had been there before. She was in that situation. Woohyun never thought he would have this kind of talk with his own child.

Nonetheless, he bravely went up those stairs and knocked on the door of his childhood room. The two of them were staying there for the time being.

There was no answer to his knock, but Woohyun slowly opened the door anyway

“Myungie-ah? Can I come in?”

There was only a sniffle in response that broke Woohyun’s heart in two. Slowly, he entered and closed the door behind him before approaching the bed in the gentlest of paces. Myungsoo was underneath the covers so Woohyun settled beside him on top of them.

“Myungie-ah, Papa is sorry,” he began before raising a hand to pat the little boy’s head. “I didn’t mean to yell at you in the car.”

There was another sniffle before a question, “Why are you so mean to Appa?”

Your Appa was mean to me first, he wanted to say at first but refrained from doing so.

Instead, he said, “Appa and I… we’re… not getting along right now.”

“Are you fighting?” This time, Myungsoo poked his head out to look at him with eyes glistening with tears. “Jongie says that when his umma takes him to his halmeoni’s house, it means his appa and umma are fighting. Are you fighting?”

Could he lie to his child? He could, but would it be right?

He opened his arms. “Can you come give Papa a hug? I’m really sorry.”

The little boy appeared to contemplate before nodding and snuggling into him. Woohyun tightened his grip on his tiny form and planted a kiss on his forehead.

“Appa and I… we’re just going through something together. He did something to hurt me and I said some bad things to him too.”

“Then say ‘sorry’.”

Woohyun swallowed. “It’s… not as easy for us adults. But…” He looked down at the little boy. “Know that we both love you very much, okay? Appa and I love you so much. Don’t forget that. But, right now, we have to stay at Halmeoni’s. Just for a little while. Just until Papa is okay again. Will you do this for Papa, Myungie-ah? Please?”

Myungsoo nodded before burying his face in his father’s chest, sobbing lightly. Woohyun hated doing this to him. But, he couldn’t go back home. And he couldn’t bear to be away from his son either. It was a situation he never wanted Myungsoo to ever be in and yet, here he was, doing exactly that.

It was at this moment that he truly felt like a bad father.

As his son cried in his arms, Woohyun couldn’t help but wish that there was another pair of arms around him too, comforting him and wiping his own tears away.

 


 

For the next two days, Sunggyu went about his business like a robot. A malfunctioning and very pissed off robot. He constantly made mistakes, which made him spend longer hours in the office. His temper was short and more than once had a made some poor intern cry and a subordinate cower away at their desk.

Howon and Eunseo did their best to reassure everyone that the boss was simply having a bad few days and he would be back to normal soon… they hoped.

On the third day, there was a call on his phone. Not looking up from the report he was reading for the third time, he picked up the phone and barked, “What?!”

“S-Sajang-nim.” Eunseo’s voice on the other line was trembling and he felt a prick of guilt. He had been very cold to her the last few days as well. “There’s a call for you. It’s your mother-in-law.”

“I’ll take it.” He waited a moment for the tone that let him know the call had been let through. “Omo-nim,” he greeted.

“Sunggyu, how are you, son?”

The man sighed, all of his stress and fatigue catching up to him all at once. “I’m not really okay, omo-nim,” he answered, honestly. “How are you? And how’s Woohyun? And Myungsoo?”

He tried not to sound too desperate when asking after his family, but he couldn’t help it. He missed them.

“I’m fine and they're fine too. Myungsoo has been a little blue but only because he misses you.”

Sunggyu’s heart ached at the thought of his son being unhappy. “I miss him too. And I really want to come see him. But… Woohyun…”

“That’s actually why I called. Woohyun wanted me to let you know that if you want, you can pick up Myungsoo from school for the rest of this week and spend some time with him before dropping him off here. Just make sure to leave him a message to let him know.”

Sunggyu broke into a smile at the news as he turned his gaze to the wall clock to look at the time. Only two hours left until school let out. He was suddenly feeling very giddy and excited. He can finally see his son!

“I’ll do that! Thank you, omo-nim! Thank you!”

After hanging up, he sent his husband a quick text, thanking him and making sure to say “I love you”. The reply was quick and simple: “Okay.”

It made his heart ache, but nonetheless, the thought of seeing his son strengthened him.

Woohyun was allowing him to see their son! He wished that he was seeing both, but, baby steps. That was what they needed. He hoped that after today and the following days, his husband would see how sincere he was. Perhaps, their son could even help him bridge that gap that formed between them.

With a new resolve, Sunggy went through his work, diligently. He had to be sure that he had nothing to take home tonight except memories of time spent with Myungsoo.

When the hour finally arrived, he put his work away and got ready to leave. When he stopped by Eunseo’s desk, she looked up at him in surprise.

“I’m going to pick up my son from school,” he told her, ignoring how her gaze shifted from him and on to her computer. “All the documents that needed my signature are on my desk, they’re all signed. Do I have any meetings tomorrow?”

“You do in the morning.”

“Anything at this hour?”

“No.”

He nodded. “Good. E-mail me the rest of my schedule for this week, I want to be sure this hour is free for Myungsoo.”

“S-Sajangnim.” She looked up at him now, looking hesitant.

He encouraged her to continue with a nod.

“I… I have an appointment with…” she lowered her voice. “With an OB-GYN next week. I… I thought you should know.”

Sunggyu felt a little of his earlier happiness dissipate but nonetheless, he nodded. “Thank you.”

Without another word, he hurriedly left.

The kids were just let out when he arrived. He quickly found a parking spot before heading towards the entrance, his eyes scanning for the familiar curly mop of hair.

Finally, he found it, squished between two other little boys who were obviously trying to cheer him up. The tall one was pinching his cheek and the smaller one was making faces at him.

Mrs. Nam was definitely using the right term when she said that Myungsoo was feeling blue. The little boy’s familiar eye sparkle and wide smile were gone. If this were a cartoon, Sunggyu would be seeing a dark cloud over his head, possibly raining all over his cute little face.

Sungyeol and Sungjong eventually gave him hugs and left, presumably to meet their own guardians. Meanwhile, Myungsoo remained on his spot, looking around with uninterested eyes, possibly looking for Woohyun or his grandmother.

Smiling, Sunggyu waited until the boy himself found him. When his eyes fell on Sunggyu, the man grinned and waved.

“Hey, buddy!” he called out.

At first, Myungsoo only stood there, staring at him with wide eyes and a slightly-open mouth. He didn’t look like he believed what he was seeing in front of him, like if he blinked, Sunggyu would disappear from his sight. And then, his eyes began to water and his lips trembled.

“A-Appa…” he called out, sniffling.

He stumbled forward, arms extended, reaching out for his father.

“A-Appa!” He fell into Sunggyu’s arms and he caught the little boy, lifting him up and holding him tightly against his chest.

How he missed him so!

“Appa, I miss you!” Myungsoo cried out, his tears seeping into Sunggyu’s collar.

“I know, I missed you too, baby,” he cooed, rubbing his little boy’s back. “I’m so sorry I haven’t been to visit like I promised. But, I’m here now. And we’re spending the rest of the day together, okay?”

Myungsoo continued to sniffle but he felt him nod against his neck. “Are we going home?” he asked, through tears.

How Sunggyu wished they were! But, they couldn’t. Not yet. Not when Woohyun hadn’t forgiven him yet.

“Not yet,” he replied, honestly as he pulled back a bit to look at his son. The little boy’s face was red and wet with tears. He wiped them away, carrying the 6-year-old with one arm. “But, you will soon, okay? Now, I promised you ice cream last time, remember? You still up for it?”

Myungsoo nodded, enthusiastically.

With a laugh, father and son headed for the car, the little boy chattering a mile a minute, talking about his day, what he learned at school, what games he and his friends played, and all other kinds of chatter that 6-year-olds loved.

Sunggyu reveled in it.

He bought Myungsoo two scoops of ice cream on a waffle cone. He took him to the park where they played on the swings and the jungle gym. He took him to a toy store and bought him another cat plush doll named L who will be his cat Byeol’s new best friend.

Sunggyu hadn’t had this much fun in a long time. Too often, with his work schedule, he rarely got to spend quality time with his family. He only wished that Woohyun were here too, then he would truly be in paradise.

For their last stop before taking him back to his grandmother’s, they went to a bakery. Sunggyu allowed Myungsoo to pick a cake.

“It’s for Papa,” he explained to the little boy who had his face pressed up against the glass case. “I did something bad to Papa and I want to make it up to him. Will you pick a cake that says ‘I’m sorry’?”

At that, Myungsoo grinned and gave him a thumbs up. “Leave it to me!”

There were many contenders, but eventually, he picked a chocolate Ferrero Rocher cake, the most expensive one in the whole bakery.

“It’s Papa’s favorite! He’ll forgive you for sure!”

Sunggyu beamed with pride at how smart his son was. They asked one of the workers to write “I love you” on the cake.

Next, they picked up a bouquet of flowers.

With both gifts safely in the backseat with Myungsoo, Sunggyu drove them with a heavy heart to Mrs. Nam’s place. The little boy was silent during the ride, all tired out and most likely feeling gloomy that they had to part again.

When they arrived, Sunggyu walked him to the door, the boxed cake safe in his hands while Myungsoo held the flowers. At the doorstep, he kneeled down so he could meet his son’s eyes.

“Now, remember to give both of these to Papa and give him a kiss for me, okay?” he told the little boy. “And I’ll pick you up again tomorrow.”

Myungsoo nodded, biting his lip as he tried not to cry. Sunggyu ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead. “Don’t worry, Appa will make this right. I promise.”

With that, he got back on his feet and rang the doorbell.

Mrs. Nam answered the door, greeting Sunggyu before ushering Myungsoo inside. Sunggyu handed her the cake, saying it was for Woohyun, and said his goodbyes.

Before getting in his car, he waited by the sidewalk, his gaze on the window. The curtains were wide open, allowing him a glimpse inside. He caught sight of Woohyun’s smiling face as he greeted Myungsoo, peppering his little face with kisses. Myungsoo waved the flowers at him before landing a long kiss on his cheek. Woohyun’s eyes were wide with surprise as he took the flowers.

Smiling, Sunggyu got into his car and drove away, his heart feeling just a little lighter and his determination even stronger.

He would get his family back.

 


 

For the next few days and the following week, Sunggyu would pick up Myungsoo from school, spend an hour or two with him, before taking him back to his mother-in-law’s.

Once, they thought to stop by Woohyun’s work to surprise him and ask if he would spend the afternoon with them. Woohyun politely declined before telling Myungsoo that he would see him at home. He spoke no more than a “hi” and a “see you later” to Sunggyu.

It made him feel so depressed all afternoon that it was Myungsoo who offered to buy him ice cream. His son’s thoughtfulness improved his mood a little.

That Friday, he dropped off Myungsoo as usual but instead of leaving immediately, he asked his mother-in-law if Woohyun could spare him some time.

“Please,” he practically begged. “I just… really want to see him.”

Taking pity on him, Mrs. Nam asked him to wait on the front step.

He thought he was going to be stuck outside, waiting for nothing, when the door opened again and out stepped Woohyun.

Sunggyu had to force himself to stay put, lest he ended up pouncing on the younger man and hold him in his arms.

Woohyun’s expression was indifferent. “What do you want?” he asked in a monotone.

“Just you,” Sunggyu answered before he could stop himself. But, it wasn’t like it was a lie. He really just wanted him back. “I just want… No… I need you and our son back.. back home with me.” He bravely took a small step forward. “Please… Yeobo, please.”

Woohyun couldn’t look him in the eye, but he didn’t move away either. “Say I forgive you, what then? What happens after that? Do we just pretend that it didn’t happen? Oh, that’s right. We can’t. Because in just a couple of months, a living and breathing proof will be born.” He finally looked up and their eyes connected. “I don’t know if I’m strong enough for that, Sunggyu.”

“You are!” With no reservations now, he moved forward to take Woohyun’s hands in his. “You are! You are the strongest and bravest person I know! And this is my mistake and I’ll fix it! I swear, I will! But… Woohyun… please don’t leave me… Yeobo, please…”

Slowly, Woohyun took his hands back, his expression now sorrowful. His lips trembled and his eyes were shining with tears that were about to fall.

“I… I’m not as brave as you think,” he replied, his voice shaking. “I d-don’t know if I c-can…” He took a deep breath and schooled his features once more. “Thank you for bringing Myungsoo home. Good night, Sunggyu.”

Before he could even blink or continue begging, Woohyun had quickly stepped back into the house and closed the door with a “snap”.

And just like that, Sunggyu felt his heart shatter once more and he wanted nothing more than to punch himself in the face.

He wished Woohyun had done just that. If only to make up for his stupid, stupid mistakes.

Taking out his phone as he walked back to his car, he called Howon.

He needed a drink. Badly.

 


 

The wooden table in front of his eyes was made from a dark maple. Or perhaps it was mahogany? It was pretty, though. His mother must have bought it recently. He didn’t recall them having something so nice when he was younger.

A mug of tea placed in front of him suddenly blocked his view of the swirling marks.

“You’ve been staring at that table for ten minutes,” his mother teased, sitting across from him. “Your husband got this for me, remember?”

Oh, yes, he did. Woohyun remembered now. His mother had been complaining about their old kitchen table that was as old as Woohyun’s grandmother. One day, she found termites eating away at the wood so she had to throw it way. So, for her birthday, Sunggyu bought a brand new table for her as a gift.

Sunggyu.

Right. He had taken his role of son-in-law very seriously. Just as seriously as he had taken the role of Myungsoo’s father and… as Woohyun’s husband.

Now, that just made him depressed. He couldn’t help it. No matter how angry he was at Sunggyu, he also missed him. They have had fights before. Heck, he had even escaped to his mother’s place a few times in the past whenever they had huge fights, though not quite as long as this time; he always returned by the end of the day.

“Umma… what do I do?” he managed.

His mother took a sip of her tea, contemplatively. “Well… it’s been two weeks since you’ve been hiding out here. Don’t you think it’s time you two had that talk?”

Woohyun sighed. “Can I even do it? Just thinking about it makes me so… angry.”

“I know it’s not easy, but this is something you both need to do. You can’t hide here forever.”

“I can try,” he mumbled.

Mrs. Nam raised an eyebrow at him. “Woohyun, you’ve been wearing the same three outfits for the last 2 weeks and you just keep washing them. You’re wasting my water bill. And what about Myungsoo, hmm? Your son is having a hard time too. He misses his Appa.” She placed a hand on top of his. “If you don’t want to do this for yourself, at least try for Myungsoo.”

Woohyun couldn’t deny that she had a point. Myungsoo never complained, but he knew that his son wanted to go home, back to their condo, back to Sunggyu.

“Woohyun, let me ask you something.”

He nodded in acquiesce. 

“Are you willing to give up on Sunggyu, just like that? Would you rather he go to that other woman then?”

His eyes widened in surprise at the question. He never really thought about it like that. He had been so angry at the thought of Sunggyu having a drunken one night stand with someone else that he never actually considered the possibility that he might go to someone else. It wasn't like Sunggyu had shown any indication of wanting to leave him. Quite the opposite, in fact.

But, did Woohyun want to leave him?

Mrs. Nam sighed as she leaned back in her chair. “You know, I tried to fight for your father. I confronted the woman and everything. I called her every name in the book and so much more. I pulled every guilt tactic I could think of, even using you and Boohyun to make her feel something, any sort of shame, hoping that maybe, she would do the right thing and talk your father into going back to us, his family.”

She sighed again. “But, as you know, it was all for naught. But, you know what? I never regretted trying. Everything that happened afterward made me realize that if I didn’t try, I would have spent the rest of my life wondering what the outcome would have been. And now? I’m at peace. I raised you and your brother into fine young men and I have a beautiful grandson. I have no regrets.”

She looked at him pointedly. “And I don’t want you to have any regrets either.”

That had Woohyun thinking. He thought about his childhood, the many nights he heard his mother cry because of their father. He remembered the night his father left, his mother begged him to stay, if not for her then for the children. He remembered, as a teen, he happened to see his father with his new wife and little kids at the restaurant where he part-timed. He had wanted to approach them, but in the end, decided not to.

His thoughts went to Sunggyu then. How his husband begged for them to talk, begged him not to leave. How he made his affections known to Woohyun through little gifts through their son, apologizing over and over again. How, whenever he tried to sleep at night, he wished he was at home, in their bed, in his husband’s arms, and not in his old tiny twin-sized that barely fit him and Myungsoo.

 “Who on earth is that outside?” his mother suddenly exclaimed, sounding irritated as she got up and went to check outside.

That was when Woohyun realized there was someone outside…singing? Or tried to sing, anyway. The voice was very garbled… and drunk. You could barely make out the words.

He sighed, taking a sip of his now lukewarm tea. He really hoped they would go away soon because Myungsoo was already in bed.

“Woohyun! Get over here! It’s your husband!”

His head snapped up, almost spilling the beverage on his front. Quickly, he rushed to the living room where his mother was peeking through the curtains.

Indeed, it was his husband outside…singing.

“Oh, there’s nothing I can give you! Missing you!”

And he was clearly drunk.

“I can’t even say warm words to you! I’m missing yoooou!”

What on earth was he doing here?! And in that state?!

“I don’t dare expect anything from you! I’m missing you!”

That idiot.

“So I push you away like thiiis!”

Sunggyu appeared to choke on his words as tears streamed down his face. It tugged at Woohyun’s heart.

“Because I’m a good-for-nothing who only has a heaaaart!”

Mrs. Nam turned to look at him with a raised brow. “What are you waiting for? Go get him!”

His feet were already moving on their own before he even realized what he was doing.

He reached his husband just as the latter was about to start on the next verse.

“Yah! Kim Sunggyu! Do you know what time it is?!” he hissed at him. "The neighbors are probably calling the police right now! There's a drunk idiot in their driveway!"

Sunggyu blearily looked at him, as if deciphering who he was before breaking into a drunken smile. “Woohyunnie!”

He launched himself at the younger, making him squeak in surprise at the sudden weight.

“Woohyunnie… my Woohyunnie… I miss you,” Sunggyu mumbled, rubbing his cheek against the collar of Woohyun’s pajama shirt.

Trying to ignore the sudden quickening of his heart, Woohyun lifted his arms to wrap around Sunggyu’s waist, steadying him as the older began to sway.

“Yah, why are you drunk, you idiot?”

Sunggyu sniffled and tightened his hold on Woohyun. “Because I hate myself for hurting you.”

Woohyun’s breath caught in his throat as his heart skipped a beat.

“I don’t deserve you. Not you or Myungsoo. You’re both so good to me. And I blew it. I hate myself. I’ll never forgive myself. Ever.”

The older was sobbing now, shocking Woohyun. In their whole four years of knowing each other and three years of marriage, he had never seen Sunggyu this vulnerable. He had always been the level-headed one, the serious one, the one who knew how to control his emotions.

“Woohyunnie… don’t leave me… please don’t leave me… I love you so much… I love you so, so, so much…”

He was getting heavier in Woohyun’s arms now. The latter tried to prop him up to his side, placing one arm around his shoulder and holding his body tight around the waist. He struggled to get him back to the house until his mother came out to help him.

Together, they dragged him back up to the house. The other continued to mumble under his breath. Woohyun caught his name and Myungsoo’s a few times.

They brought him to Boohyun’s old room, depositing him on the bed. Then, Mrs. Nam began to leave.

Woohyun panicked. “Umma! Where are you going?”

She chuckled, softly. “He’s your husband, Woohyun. You take care of him.”

“By myself?!” His eyes widened in horror.

But, his mother only laughed before saying “good night” and shutting the door behind her.

Woohyun scoffed before turning back to the lump on the bed. Sunggyu was dozing, lightly. Sighing in resignation, the younger got to work. He removed the jacket and shoes, placing them neatly on a chair, before tucking him under the covers, pulling the sheets high enough to cover his chin.

As he smoothed the sides by the older’s arm, he couldn’t help but look at him, taking in his disheveled dark hair, the tear tracks on his cheeks, the dark circles under his eyes, and even his labored breathing. Sunggyu looked positively exhausted and worn out. Yet, he was still so very handsome in Woohyun’s eyes.

The creak of the door startled him out of his thoughts and he turned to see a familiar mop of curly hair poking his head in.

“Papa? I heard noises.”

Woohyun smiled at him and waved him over. The little boy padded in, decked in his favorite black pajamas with Byeol tucked under his arm. Finally, he caught a glimpse of the figure on the bed. He gasped in delight.

“Appa!”

“Shhh.” Woohyun lifted a finger to his lips. “Appa had a long night and he’s sleeping now. Let’s not disturb him, okay?”

Myungsoo placed a hand over his mouth, nodding. “I’m sorry,” he said. He walked closer to Sunggyu’s sleeping form. “Can I give him a good night kiss?”

“Of course, baby.”

His son beamed, his eyes turning into slits (so much like his Appa). He leaned forehead and pecked Sunggyu’s cheeks. “Good night, Appa. I love you.”

Then, he went over to Woohyun and gave him a hug. “Please make up with Appa, Papa,” he said. “He’s really sorry.”

His begging tone tugged at Woohyun’s heartstrings as he hugged him back. “I know he is,” he said. “Appa and I will talk and make up, okay? But, right now, he needs to rest."

Myungsoo pulled back from the hug, his head cutely quirked to the side, and lifted his pinky. “Promise?”

Woohyun chuckled before linking his own pinky with his. “Promise. Now, go to bed, okay? I have to take care of Appa for a bit.”

Myungsoo nodded and obediently padded out of the room, even closing the door, silently behind him.

“D-Do you mean it?”

The voice shocked Woohyun and he turned his head fast.

Sunggyu was watching him through lidded eyes, a pout on his lips. “Will you make up with me, yeobo?”

“Yah, I thought you were drunk,” was all Woohyun could say.

“I am,” Sunggyu answered. “But, I think Myungsoo’s kiss sobered me up.” He slowly removed one of his arms from under the covers and reached out for Woohyun’s hand. “Are we making up?”

Their wedding rings glinted under the bedroom lights.

Woohyun didn’t pull his hand away, only patted Sunggyu’s with his other hand. “We’ll talk in the morning, okay? You need to rest.”

He moved to get up but Sunggyu’s sudden tight hold on his hand prevented him from going further than a step.

The older suddenly looked panicked. “Don’t leave! Please… don’t leave…”

“I’m just getting some water and a towel to wash you off. You stink.”

Sunggyu continued to pout and refused to let go.

“I’ll come back, don’t worry.”

He quirked his head to the side. “Promise?”

It reminded Woohyun of Myungsoo so much that he couldn’t help but chuckle. “Promise.”

Hesitantly, Sunggyu let him go and Woohyun quickly left the room.

The faster he moved, the faster he could go back to his husband’s side. He had no idea why that thought made his heartbeart go crazy again.

It turns out that his mother had already left a tray containing a glass of cold water, a bowl of perfumed warm water, and a towel for him on the kitchen table. He took the tray and swiftly returned to his brother’s room.

Sunggyu was sitting up, staring at the wall where Boohyun had tacked a poster of the Korean National Soccer team. He looked up when Woohyun entered.

“We should take Myungsoo to play soccer one of these days,” he said. “I’m not good at soccer. But, you are. You should teach him.”

Woohyun chuckled at the random topic of conversation but nodded anyway. “Alright, we’ll do that before winter arrives.” He took the glass of water and handed it to the older. “Drink.”

Sunggyu obeyed, finishing off the glass, quickly.

Woohyun then took that time to wash him off. He wiped the damp towel over his face, taking care to rub his eyelids and the corners of his nose. Then, he wiped his neck and behind his ears (Sunggyu giggled a little at that; he was ticklish there). Next came his arms.

All the while, Sunggyu watched him with an adoring smile, obediently moving his body whenever Woohyun asked.

Finally, he was all washed up and didn’t stink of alcohol as much as he did before.

Woohyun returned the towel to the bowl on the bedside table and moved to stand up so he could take it back to the kitchen.

He was stopped by a pull on his arm and the next thing he knew, his back was on the bed, Sunggyu hovering above him.

“S-Sunggyu, get off. I have to take that stuff downstairs.”

His husband pouted. “But, then you won’t come back. And I’ll be lonely.”

Woohyun couldn’t answer that.

“See?” Sunggyu grinned before tucking his head under the younger’s chin. “Sleep here tonight.”

“S-Sunggyu, I-.”

“Please.”

That plea made Woohyun pause. Sunggyu was holding him tightly around the waist, his body shaking against his.

“Yeobo, please…”

And, just like that, Woohyun gave in. “Fine. I’ll stay.”

Sunggyu let out a soft cheer as he practically buried his face against Woohyun’s neck.

Chuckling lightly, he ran a hand through Sunggyu’s messy locks, reveling in the feel of them against his fingers.

He felt a small peck on his neck. “Thank you,” Sunggyu whispered. “I love you.”

And with those three words, Sunggyu finally fell into dreamland. His light snores filled up the small room.

Woohyun wished he could turn off the lights, but even in sleep, Sunggyu showed no intention of letting him go.

For a few moments, Woohyun could only watch his husband sleep, feeling his warm body pressed up against his. He missed him. He truly and utterly missed him.Two weeks was too long. Too damn long.

Perhaps, his mother was right. Maybe it was time to stop being selfish. Maybe it was time to stop running away like a coward.

 “I love you too,” he whispered against the hair.

Because just like the man in his arms, he had no intention of letting him go either.

It was time for him to fight for Sunggyu.

 


A/N: I love writing drunk characters! They're so fun to mess with! And it also allows me to make them a bit more honest in their feelings and sillier in their actions. And drunk-singing is hilarious as hell!

And Myungsoo.... cute, as always! I'm hoping to get the chance to write in his point-of-view again so that Yeol and Jongie can make another appearance. Howon will pop up a few times as Sunggyu's friend and confidant. Dongwoo will play the same role for Woohyun.

So... coming up next is... The talk. I'm really excited because it's going to be sweet, emotional, and a total feels-fest that I'm feeling giddy just thinking about it! Depending on how long it ends up being, Woohyun may or may not meet Eunseo in the next chapter. Knowing myself, perhaps, it will be in the chapter after the next chapter. And with that, the pregnancy and baby stuff will finally happen (I'm hoping to dedicate at least 2 chapters for that). 

The inspiration for this chapter title is our very own Infinite's "Only Tears".

'Til the next one!