Not A Chapter But Just Thoughts

Congratulations

Hi, everyone!

So, it's been a while since I wrote this story, huh? I started it in November 2017 and finished it in February 2018. A lot happened in between that time, as you all knew. Sometimes, I still look back on my old stories and re-read them, occasionally finding mistakes and typos so I would fix them when I spot them.

So, the reason I'm suddenly adding this little Author's Note was because I received a comment that really made me think about the circumstances I chose to fuel the story. Namely, the one-night stand between Sunggyu and Eunseo. And, honestly, I'm very grateful for this comment (and if you're reading this, you know who you are) because it made me look at this story in a different light. I thought about it for several days, wondering if I should just let it go, but you know what? I can't let it go because I owe it to you, guys.

So, back when I was first getting this story together, I didn't want to paint Sunggyu in a too-terrible light. I wanted him to still be likable, in a way, because when I wrote my YunJae infidelity story, everyone hated Yunho. So, I wanted to make things different for Sunggyu so I chose the cliche drunken one-night stand storyline. But, I made it so that Sunggyu barely knew what was happening and when he figured it out, he just let it happen. Now, back when I first wrote this, I debated with myself as to whether this would be considered or not due to the unclear consent. I mention that briefly in the chapter (chapter 6) and in my author's note. I reasoned to myself that Sunggyu wouldn't think it was , as most men don't believe it can happen to them. And, then, the more I got caught up in my story, I just sort of forgot about that little detail.

And, then, I received a comment pointing it out and how Sunggyu never really gave his consent and that Eunseo took advantage of that and I realized that they were absolutely, right! And I realized, to my horror, that I continued to make Sunggyu believe it was his fault and that he did wrong, which is victim-blaming, and I never intended to do such. 

So, I decided to take responsibility for that mistake and made some changes because I don't want anyone to think I am excusing Eunseo's actions. Lack of consent is /assault and I don't want this story to send the message that just because you love someone so much that it's okay to kiss or have with while they're drunk or asleep, especially if they're married. (I'm sure everyone knows that already but I also don't want to victim-blame Sunggyu.)

So, chapter 1 and chapter 6, where circumstances about the infidelity took place, I've edited them so that Sunggyu's consent is much clearer. At least, I hope I made it clear. Yes, it paints him in a much worse light than he was before, but I couldn't live with myself if I just left it alone and made it seem like it was his fault when it wasn't.

Aside from those 2 chapters, nothing else has been changed and the story still flows the same. If you've read this several times already, I just want to say "thank you" for giving this a chance and I hope you forgive me for my poor judgement and approach of this storyline.

This is a good lesson for me, honestly, because I should have been more careful when writing the details of my story. And I'm learning everyday, even if I'm no longer writing Kpop fanfics, and I'm really grateful to have readers like you who not only praise me but are also not afraid to call me out or call out details of my stories like this. 

Thank you and I hope you still enjoyed this story!