Hypocrite Pt. 1

Trust is Fragile

~Flashback to that morning: Jiyeon~

With the sun light falling on a sleepy Jiyeon's eyes, the girl began to stir at the sound of moving inside the dorm. "Hm..." She moaned a little as she stretched in her bed, kicking off the blankets as she did. The small girl was wearing a pair of purple shorts and a white tank top. "Ah, cold..." The smaller curl then curled up her body into a ball. Jiyeon just laid there a moment before deciding she should wake up. She walked over to a coat rack in the corner of her small room and grabbed a long black cardigan that stopped right above her ankles. On a normal person it pay stop in the middle of their calves. She then seepily grabbed her phone and slipped on some black slippers before making her way to the common area.

As she stepped out of her room, she caught a glimpse of a dressed up HyeYoung leaving. "Eh?" She wondered why HyeYoung would be leaving so early dressed so nicely. She couldn't be going to practice that is for sure. Instictively, Jiyeon walked outside to where she normally came for a stretch before beginning her morning; however, today she was just curious as to what HyeYoung was going. 

The girls lived on the third  floor, so when they walked out there was a balcony and stairwell. She walked to the bars placed at the edge of the balcony, noticing a small form of HyeYoung rushing towards the front gate. The sleepy girl squinted her eyes, noticing a man. "Who is that?" She continued to watch the scene as she took out her phone, glancing out of habit to see if she had any missed messages. Though, when she looked back up, she saw HyeYoung and that mand embracing quite intimately. She blinked and, as if by instinct, she took a quick picture and then checked it. It seemed that Jiyeon was making sure her eyes weren't lying to her. "What the..." Her eyes looked back to HyeYoung who was now walking away with the man, holding his hand. Her eyes wondered more, seeing S.Coups who caught notice of the scene as well. He was wearing training clothes and looked like he had just taken a run. "HyeYoung...why are you so careless..." She scolded from the balcony and walked back inside, slamming the door.  

"Eonni..." KyungAh walked out of her room, seeming startled at the sudden noise. "What was that?" Jiyeon looked at the younger girl who had a serious case of bedhead. Her hair looked like it was tied up into a nice bun before, but now it just looked like a mess. Jiyeon sighed and said. "Wash up first. I think we need to have a talk with our leader." Her eyes were sharp, quickly moving to her room to get dressed.


Another door slam. HyeYoung has returned with a cautious expression. Jiyeon was wearing a simple pair of dark jeans and a white sweater and had instantly stood as the leader arrived. KyungAh, now with neat hair and a maroon hoodie dress, was sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow. She was the youngest so she normally just watched the two girls when they had an argument.

"Have fun on your date?" Jiyeon said coldly, crossing her arms. "How long has this been happening? How long have you been sneaking out?"
HyeYoung opened to speak, but Jiyeon still had more to say. "You are suppose to be out leader, but here you are sneaking off to see a boyfriend that a, you are not suppose to have, and b, you are being completely careless about it!" Her voice raised, showing her the picture again. "I took this picture easily in my half-awake state this morning. Coups Sunbae saw you as well right?" Jiyeong noticed the girl's eyebrow was twitching. "How could you be careless?! We may be trainees, but we still represent Pledis in everything we do and-" 
"Stop acting like you are so perfect!" HyeYoung growled, her fists were clenched. "It is not like you don't have secrets!" "But I'm not the leader. You are suppose to be setting an example! You know we all get introuble if you get caught right?" 
"Yeah! I know! I am not fit to be a leader! I never asked to be your leader, but here I am! Also I am older than you so-"
"Older doesn't mean you are smart" Jiyeon's words were like knives. A split second later there was a smack and Jiyeon was looking to the right. Blood rushed to the small girl's cheek. It stung, a lot! "Ya!" She yelled, but KyungAh suddenly wrapped her arms around her from behind as HyeYoung stormed out of the dorm, slaming the door again.

Crap. Now what? "whatever, she'll calm down. She always does.." She shrugged off KyungAh who looked concerned. "Why can't you respect her? She must have her reasons Eonni..." She seemed a little disappointed and for some reason Jiyeon suddenly felt guilty. "I will respect her when she shows me that she knows how to be a leader." Jiyeon then went back into her room.


About a week has passed since HyeYoung's and Jiyeon's argument. HyeYoung has been spending more time with S.Coups, and she barely speaks wehn she is in the dorm now. Jiyeon wondered if she was too harsh. KyungAh was also pretty distant these days which made her even more upset. She didn't want things to end up this way.

Hoshi has been trainning with Jiyeon as normal, but after each session, Hoshi and her would go to that same coffee shop from that first time and he would try to persuade her to make up with HyeYoung. It wasn't like she didn't want to, but she wasn't sure where to begin. Normally when HyeYoung and Jiyeon fight they eventually got over it. Maybe it was also harder because Jiyeon knows she had no right to be angry since she aslo sneaks out.

Jiyeon was currenly in her room, staring at the ceiling. She couldn't meet Hoshi today to talk to and rant to, and KyungAh was also avoiding her these days. She could feel the guilt building up and she needed a distraction badly. "Aish, screw it." The girl quickly got changed into her street performing outfit, black jeans with a baggy white hoodie with black sleeves. She rolled her hair up and put on the cap that Hoshi gave her from their first offical meeting. After putting on the finishing touch, her mask, she grabbed her bag and set off. 


~Hoshi's POV~

Stress ontop of stress. That was how the first week of training the girls was procing to be more difficult than anticipated. He liked the girls when they were by themselves, but when they were together it was chaos. He wondered why the three of them were made into a team sometimes, but he also understood that the girls just needed to try and understand each other a little better. Hoshi had a meeting with Coups and Woozi about trying to reason with the girls individually, but they knew that they would eventually have to bring them together again. 

Hoshi spent a lt of time with Jiyeon during the course of seven days, and he did like being with her. She was witty, charming, and talented. Though, he could tell the girl had some secrets and he believed that whatever it is that Jiyeon is holding onto is affecting her relationship with HyeYoung and KyungAh. He really wished that she would open up to him at least, and she has a little. She has told him that she actually wishes to be closer to HyeYoung and KyungAh but is nervous because she had a bad falling out with the members of her last group. That is why he often pushed her to just speak to HyeYoung, but she was so stubborn. Great.

Today; however, Hoshi was really busy with the rest of Seventeen because they had a few schedules such as a radio show appearance and a music show. As a result, he couldn't see Jiyeon all day. It was a little strange because he had already gotten so used to being with her and drinking coffee with her. He was actually pretty excited when he finished and returned to the company. He tried calling the girl, but became concerned when she didn't answer. He quickly checked the time. "It is kind of late though...what could she be doing?" It was currently 11:20 PM. He began walking towards the girls' dorm which he had visited before when he walked Jiyeon back froma late night practice. On his way there he ran into HyeYoung.

"Oh~ HyeYoung-ssi!" He called out to her and jogged towards her. 
"Sunbae? Why are you here? Are you looking for Jiyeon?" Hoshi nodded. "Do you know where she is? She isn't answering her phone."
Just then KyungAh approached them, seeming to be just coming back from practicing by herself. "Oh...she told me she went to her mom's cafe. She normally goes there when she has time." 
HyeYoung then texted Hoshi the address. "That is where the cafe is." She didn't seem to care one way or the other, but she did add. "Let me know if you find her. Tell her not to stay out too late. Ah! But don't tell her I told you to say that." She then left as well as KyungAh. Hoshi smiled. She is starting to talk like a worried leader. Cute.

 


Hoshi eventually arrived to the cafe and asked the current worker if she was here but the worker said that Jiyeon hardly comes there anymore. Strange... He decided to ask HyeYoung if she knew anywhere else she could be.

HyeYoung-ssi: She isn't here. Do you know where else she could be?

He sent it, but right after he sent it he just remembered where she could be. "I hope I am wrong, but I guess it is all I have." He then walked towards downtown Seoul to the same place where he met that strange male...er...female dancer. He had a hunch that Jiyeon could be the person he met, but he didn't want to assume; however, all signs were pointing to yes.

When he got there, he heard a familiar song. It was Highlight by the Seventeen Performance team. He approached and made his way to the front of a crowd. He was dressed in simple clothing again. He wore a black beanie to hide his hair, a black face mask, and then a olive green hoodie over ripped black jeans. No one paid him any attention which meant that is outfit was doing its job, so he watched the dancer peacefully.

As the performer danced to more Seventeen songs, he couldn't help but notice the hat that the performer was wearing. Hoshi let out a soft chuckle and felt relief suddenly. He was just glad that she was safe. You really are a fan of Seventeen aren't you Jiyeon-ah? Can you get any more adorable? He watched her proudly as she executed the moves sharply. Though, the performance only lasted for just a moment longer when the music was abruptly cut off, causing Jiyeon to stumble. She was probably shocked. The crowd began to mummble and slowly disperse, but Hoshi stayed because he noticed three tall males approach a much smaller Jiyeon. He moved closer so he could hear what they were saying.

"Hey Shortie. I thought I told you a few weeks ago. This is our dancing spot." One of the males approached her, and Hoshi could only assume that these three males thought she was a male as well. Jiyeon was ignoring them and packing her things quickly. Hoshi could tell that these three men were not just going to let her go. 

"Ya, I am talking to you!" The male then grabbed her wrist, and the rest just happened so fast. Jiyeon had stepped on the male's foot andthe male lashed back by shoving her on the ground, and instead of catching herself, Jiyeon held onto her hat, letting her shoulder take the impact of the fall. Hoshi immediately intervened. 
 

"Whoa Whoa! back off! " He stood infront of the three men who were also much taller than him. The males looked at him curiously. 
"What are you?" One of them snorted, shocing him lightly, but he kept his stance. "More importantly, why can't you just share this spot huh?" He glared at the three men. "Because we don't want to. Now aside shortie. Our beef is with the smaller shortie there." He tried to move Hoshi, but Hoshi grabbed his hand and then kicked in the the stomach, making him fall over. Without waiting for the other two to respond, he grabbed Jiyeon's hand and her bag, running off with her. Soon they were in another chase like last time.

 



I will post the continuation of this chapter tomorrow. Hope you all are liking it so far! Thank you so much for reading an commenting! <3