HyeYoung's Secret

Trust is Fragile

Around 8 AM, the dorm of Jiyeon, KyungAh, and KyeYoung was quiet and still. The many curtains blocked the sunlight from coming in which made the inside seem like it was still night time. A soft snoring sound could be heard beside HyeYoung which was coming from a peaceful KyungAh. HyeYoung and KyungAh lost a game of rock. paper, sissors and inevitably ended up sharing the bigger room together. There was one bed, so HyeYoung currently laid there while the youngest laid on the floor beside the bed. 

At 8:05, an alarm went off; however, it only lasted for a second because an already awake HyeYoung cut it off. Letting out a large yawn, the leader rolled over to observe the maknae. All she could see was a pile of blankets and the top of KyungAh's head. The older girl let out a soft laugh. "Cute." Her smile slowly faded as she rolled back over on her back, staring at the ceiling. She kept recalling the moments of yesterday. Yesterday, in all, was a good day. She got to meet the Seventeen Sunbaes whom she respected very much; though, she also came to realize how lacking she was.

At the Karaoke(Noraebang) last night, she saw her two members act in ways that she never knew they could act. First surprise was Jiyeon. She thought the small girl was very chic, showing no emotion most of the time, but last night she heard the loud laughs that that small body could produce. She remembers seeing the girl with DK, Seungkwan, Hoshi, and Dino. Jiyeon was absolutely glowing with happiness as the five of them laughed together, being silly. She didn't know Jiyeon knew how to be silly.

KyungAh was also a surprise. HyeYoung always thought that she was just a timid maknae who smiled and just listened rather than speaking up. Though, last night she recalled seeing her with Vernon and Joshua and they talked most of the time in English. She seemed to be letting out inner feelings and thoughts to those two boys, practically strangers to her. Though KyungAh spoke more to those two strangers in a few hours than she has to HyeYoung in three months. HyeYoung figured KyungAh must be atleast Korean Americanif not Half Korean. The girl looked like she was Half Korean, but she never spoke about her family. Is she still trying to learn Korean? 

With a loud sigh, she sat up and stared at her phone, looking at the most recent message which was from S.Coups Sunbae. There was actually two from him

Coups Sunbae: Good morning HyeYoung~ Did you have fun last night? Sent @ 7:45 AM

Coups Sunbae: HyeYoung...I hope what I said earlier didn't upset you. Are you okay? Sent @ 12:03 AM

HyeYoung pressed her lips together at the message that her Sunbae sent last night...well at midnight. He seemed to feel guilty about his lecture that he gave her yesterday. He shouldn't. it helped HyeYoung to realize some things.


~ Flashback before Noraebang~

"Ah! Sunbae! Thanks to you I finally finished the rap I've been working on!" Exclaimed a relieved HyeYoung as she leaned back in the desk chair in Coups' studio. The leader had already forgotten her altercation with Jiyeon at lunch. Ever since then just her and Coups have been trying to fix the hook in her rap.

"We both did it." The Seventeen leader gave a relieved smile as well. "For your first rap, this is really good. I may have to steal it from you" He joked, nidging her shoulder slightly. HyeYoung snatched her notebook away. "No way. I want our debut song to have the rap that I wrote. Of course I will give you partial credit since you did help me with the hook." She said as she pushed her reddish brown curls behind her ear. 
"I'm happy to help anytime. It took me awhile before I was able to compose raps as well. Of course Woozi is still the best at making it all come together." HyeYoung nodded in agreement.

After a few moments, the air became silent while Coups stared at her, HyeYoung's eyes avoiding his. She wanted to ask him something but she wasn't sure how to put it. 
"Is there something on your mind HyeYoung?" S.Coups finally said as if he was in her head already. HyeYoung met is eyes, seeming surprised. "Well...it is just that..." She sighed and put down her notebook. "I am really impressed with you Sunbae." Coups blinked, seeming taken aback and becoming flustered. "Me? W-why?" he laughed nervously. 
"Cause you can produce amazing raps and somehow lead 12 other boys. You all get along so well! While me, on the other hand, can barely lead two." She slumped in her seat a bit before she felt Coups roll his chair closer to her.
"Well, in your defense, leading 2 girls is probably harder than 12 boys" He started. "I doubt that, but go on.." She interupted, raising her brow curiously.
Coups laughed nervously again. "Well I noticed you three don't seem that close. Have you ever talked to Jiyeon and KyungAh?" He asked curiously.
"Of course! I talk the most out of the two of them honestly, but they won't open up to me." She said, a little frustrated. 
"HyeYoung-ssi" Coups said a litter seriously with a serious expression. "Have you ever opened up to them?" 
Her eyebrow twitched slightly "Yes I-" "I mean about personal stuff? Not just about where you went to school and ordinary things like that. I mean letting them know about a personal story. Being vulnerable. Once you open up and show that you trust them, they will feel more open to trust you." 

Trust. HyeYoung has a secret of her own, but she wasn't sure if that would make them closer. If anything, it could lead to a fight. "I don't have any secrets." She said, faking confience.

~ Flashback end ~


HyeYoung tapped on the message to reply when she suddenly got another message.

Oppa-ya~ :Yeobo! (Honey) I have the day off! Let's go on a date today! I miss your face ^_^

HyeYoungs face suddenly lit up, her pass worries going away. This was her secret, but she didn't realize just how dangerous her secret would end up being, so she replied happily.

HyeYoungie: I miss your face too!! Meet me infront of the company in 30 Minutes~ 

Once the message sent, she quickly began to get ready. She already showered last night, so she just quickly washed her face and applied makeup. Her makeup was simple but chic. She wore a red lip tint, winged eyeliner, mascara, and a little blush. For her outfit, she wore a black long-sleeve with thin white stripes tucked into a beige/brown skirt (Reference pic). Since it was cold outside, she did put on a black coat that was a little longer than her skirt. Once she was satisfied, she carefully left the dorn with her purse and white sneakers. Hey, she still wanted her feet to be comfortable.

Once she reached outside, she let out a breath of air, seeing her breath. Winter was starting to cometo Korea which made her a little annoyed because she was more of a winter person. However, soon that all melted away, pun intended, when she saw a tall man with slick black hair waiting for her at the gate. He was wearin torn black jean, black boots, a red sweater, and a long black gray coat that reached past his knees. "Jaigiya! (Sweetie)" The male called out in a deep voice, opening his arms for a hug.

"Jae Soo Oppa~" She called out and embraced him. "I really am glad to see you. I have been so stressed." She whined. The male pulled away and grabbed her cheeks. "Is that so. Aigoo~ How about we eat something spicy then. You always like that when you are stressed." She nodded and they left, interlocking their fingers. Little did HyeYoung know that someone witnessed this whole scene.


The male was stuffing his face with spicy rice cakes while HyeYoung looked at him worriedly. "Oppa...when was the last time you ate." The male paused, not answering her. She slammed down her chopsticks. "Oppa!" He jumped slightly, finally meeting her eyes. "Have you been struggling with money again? I told you to stop going to the club and just focus on work! Is dancing and drinking more important than eating and living?" The male swallowed his food and said. "You dance, why can't I?" He continued to eat. "That's different! I--" "Arraso (okay), I understand. But you are always busy...what else can I do..." He shifted his eyes away.

"How much?" she suddenly asked. "How much money do you need?" She asked, pulling out her wallet. This happened sometimes. He would miss her, go to the club, and then go broke. Sometimes she had to help him out. "No no...you helped me out last time."  She rolled her eyes. "How can I focus knowing that you are struggling?" She then handed him a hundred won (dollars). "Jaigiya..." he said in a touched voice. "I will work hard and pay you back! I swear." He reached over and then kissed her softly. "How did I get so lucky. He grinned. 

HyeYoung smiled and began to eat again when she suddenly got a call. "Eh? Sunbae?" The male looked up at her. "Sunbae?" He asked, seemingly confused. "One moment Oppa~" She answeered the phone.
"Ne?"
"Come back to the company now."
"Ne?! H-how did you know I was gone?"
"Just come back. Meet me in the studio, we have to practice."

Suddenly the call ended and she blinked, looking at the time. "But there is still an hour before we have practice..." She sighed and looked up at Jae Soo. "Oppa, I have to leave." She stood up and so did he; however, he left quickly, leaving HyeYoung behind to pay. It was always like this.

Jae Soo waited for her outside, seeming confused. "Do you really have to leave?" He grabbed her waist, pulling her closer. "We could go to a motel instead and..." he trailed off and kissed her neck, but she quickly stopped him. "I have to practice..." He seemed a little annoyed. "Whatever..." he then left without much else. Not even a kiss bye.


HyeYoung entered the studio where she was to meet S.Coups, and as soon as she entered the leader seemed upset. She approached him carefully, bowing to him. "Sunbae...Is somethi--" "Where were you?" 
"I was with a friend?" She seemed flustered.
"What kind of friend?" His voice was harsh. It was very different from the Sunbae she met yesterday.
"Jut a friend from high school..." Which wasn't a complete lie. Though, when Coups made a disappointed face, she realized that he must know that friend wasn't a friend. "Wait...did you see me and him?" She asked, a little scared.

Coups slowly nodded. "Does your members know? I am pretty sure your contract says no dating." He gestured to the seat infront of him for her to sit. She complied. 
"No. I don't need to tell the-" "Yes you do!" He snapped. She blinked and frowned. "Why?!" She snapped back. "Did you not listen to me yesterday? Besides, why are you even dating. Do you realize how much trouble you could get in?" 
HyeYoung's hands griped the fabric of her skirt. "I...was dating him before I was a trainee. How could I just dump him...besides he needs me." Coups looked confused and a little concerned. "Why? Jiyeon and KyungAh need you more I think."
"He's been struggling since I became a trainee. He drinks more and spends his money when he misses me. I am worried he may do something worse if I dump him. I usually give him money to help him.."
"Wait..you give him money? How much? How often? How do you get money?" Coups was becoming more and more worried. "Are you sure he isn't..." Coups stopped, as if deciding that it was best not to finish that sentence, but she was sure what he was thinking. Is he just using my money? Is that what you want to say Sunbae? 

Actually, she had thought of that too. "Actually...Sunbae." Coups looked at her, noticing her hands were shaking a little. "I'm scared to break up with him. I don't know what will happen. I have been dating him since I was fourteen." Coups eyes widened. "8 years...that...that is a long time. Actually...there is something I should tell you." Coups gave her a sympathetic but open look. "Tell me anything. You can trust me." He placed a hand on her shaking hand.

HyeYoung didn't know why she was opening up to him like this, but she needed to let it out. She loved Jae Soo, but she wasn't sure that he loved her. "We broke up shortly before I became a trainee. He said that he just didn't like anymore. But..." She sighed, trying to calm down. "When word came out that I was auditioning for pledis, he suddenly wanted to get back together. It may just be a coincidence, but I love him Sunbae. What should I do?" 

Coups patted her shoulder. "I see. It is a complicate situation. I think this is something you should discuss with your members. You should also becareful because the closer you come to your debut the more dangerous it is for you and your members. No matter what, I will support you. I can't tell you to break up with him, but you at least need to be honest. Did you tell him these things that you told me? That you are worried he is just..." He trailed off, but she already knew. HyeYoung shook her head. "And I am worried. What if I tell Jiyeon and KyungAh and they end up hating me? How can a person like me be a leader?" She let out a frustrated groan, standing up suddenly.

The two of them just remained silent, as if trying to find a solution when HyeYoung suddenly got a message. It was a picture from Jiyeon followed by a text. Her eyes widened as she saw the picture of her hugging JaeSoo.

Jiyeon: What the hell is this? 



So the fun begins. Haha! Thank you all who have been reading! Please comment and let me know what you think~