Getting Closer

Trust is Fragile

The two of them stood on the grass, facing the Han River. Jiyeon was currently wearing a black face mask, staring at a thoughtful Hoshi. Hoshi was dressed very simply just like last night. He wore a gray beanie this time because it covered all of his red hair. On his face was a black mask and his clothes consisted of simple faded jeans with holes in the knees and then an oversized olive green sweater with a deep V neck. Jiyeon's eyes couldn't help but glance at his collar bones for a moment. Are you crazy? Why are you staring there? She quickly looked away, crossing her arms. She tapped her foot, becoming impatient.

"Sunbae...Why--" Jiyeon started but was soon cut off. 
"5PM! Perfect time! Everyone should be getting off of work and school by now." He grinned and turned to face the people who were walking, biking, and just hanging out along Han river. 
"So...why is it the perfect time??" "We are going to have a dance battle of course! I got to see what kind of dancer you are~ Also, I want to see how well you dance under pressure."
That was the last think Jiyeon wanted; however, Hoshi still seemed pretty dense so maybe he would never notice the similarities. Though, for all she knew, he had forgotten about it. "But, what if people notice you?" "That is why I am dressed like this. Trust me! I am very good at hiding my appearance." The confident male then put down the small speaker that he brought and connected it to his phone. The songs he chose were mainly performance team songs since they were prctically made for freestyling. "So I will go first and pass it to you. The loser has to buy coffee for the other. Okay?" Jiyeon smiled, of course he couldn't see the smile under her mask, but the way her eyes turned into crescent moons showed that she smiled. "I guess I should tell you now that I want an iced vanilla latte" Jiyeon told him confidently. He laughed and said. "We'll see."

The first song was a song all the way before Seventeen's debut. OMG! This song was a song that the members had to make for one of their many missions during their predebut show. Hoshi started off with some simple, yet sharp dance moves. By that alone, a crowd was already starting to form. Hoshi had a strange attraction when he danced. His gaze became sharp and focused, unlike his usual hamster expressions. Soon he did a point move to show that he was passing to her. Of course she couldn't lose.

Jiyeon started out with a special kick move, spinning slightly and danced twice as hard as Hoshi, popping her body at the proper moments. With that she tried to end with a side sweeping kick move, but she lost her footing, almost falling; however, she managed to catch herself. The crowd applauded and Hoshi gave her a thumbs up before the song suddenly changed to, yup, Thumbs up. He began his move with the thumbs up and was ten times more fierce than before. His body popped and moved in ways that she thought looked painful. Within a short moment the crowd was yelling, seeming to like what they were seeing. soon Hoshi gestured for her to join him and she did. He crouched down and she jumped over him and began to roll her body, putting up her thumbs. As for a finale, Hoshi rushed towards her, and she crouched down as well. He did a front flip and landed it perfectly. The crowd began gasping and screaming; however, not for the reason that they thought. 

Jiyeon looked on the ground and saw that his beanie was there, and now his red bouncy hair shined. "Hoshi!!" IIt's Hoshi!" Fans started to approach; however, Hoshi quickly grabbed his phone then Jiyeon's wrist. He ran off with her with crods of girls following them. "I am about to make a sharp turn" He suddenly said before turning. "Jump!" He shouted again, jumping over a bunch over knocked over boxes. He quickly pulled her into a narrow alley, holding her close to his chest. 

Within a few moments, girls screams could be heard passing by them. After the screams disappeared, Hoshi let out a breath, lowering his head to look a Jiyeon. He stared at her eyes, seeming to look confused. "Whoa...serious deja vu..." He mumbled.Jiyeon looked down and to the side. "So...hw long will we stay here?" Both of their bodies were pressed together,so much so that she could feel his quick breathing, and she was worried that he could feel her beating heart. She didn't know why it was like that. Maybe cause they just finished being chased by a mob of fan. "S-sorry...after you..." He romved his arms from around her, letting her leave the alley first, following her. 

"So you are good at not being spotted huh?" She crossed her arms.
He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "I got sort of carried away..." 
"We should get you something to hide your hair...you really stand out..." 
"Luckily I know there is a clothing shop near by. We have to be quick though..."
"Great" she rolled her eyes and chuckled a bit.


At the shop, Jiyeon was watching his pick out hats. While he was picking them out he suddenly came up to her with a white cap with a black bill. He put it on her head. "Just as I thought. Looks great on you!" She blinked and looked at herself in the mirror and her face lit up. She pulled down her mask and admired how she looked with the hat. "Wow! Good sense!" She took off the hat and checked the price. "Too bad it is not in my price range." She put it on his head without realizing ho close she was. She looked him in the eyes where his eyes met her. "S-sorry. " She stepped back and observed him. "It looks good on you too! you should get it!" She smiled and then looked at her phone. Her Uncle was calling. " I need to take this." She then left Hoshi who seemed confused. 

"Why?" She said sharply. "Why aren't you in the company? I saw the other two girls. Did you go out with Hoshi? After I told you not to?" His voice was stern. Jiyeon didn't want to get Hoshi introuble. Even though they just met today, she could tell he was a nice guy and didn't deserve to be in trouble. "No, relax. I just went to buy coffee. Someone keeps working me like a dog." She said, not realizing Hoshi was waiting behind her. "You know if it wasn't for your mother you wouldn't be here. I have a reputation to keep. You better do your best. " He then hung up. "Aish! He's such a bast-Oh! Hey Sunbae..." She said as she turned to find Hoshi there. 

"Who was that? Sounds like someone you are not close with. Are you okay?" He asked, seeming concerned. 
"Ah...it was just a family member, We are not that close. He doesn't think I deserve to be training under Pledis." She shrugged. Hoshi's eyebrows ruffled together. "What a jerk. Don't worry! After what I saw today, I am sure you will prove him wrong! He then made a fighting pose with his fist. Jiyeon smiled, wondering how a person could be so nice. "Ah! By the way!" Hoshi reached up at his knew hat, pulling it off to reveal another hat just like it underneath. He put the hat that he just took off on Jiyeon's head. "Here. It looks way too good on you for you not to take it. Plus! now we match! Sunbae Hoobae match!" He grinned. "Ah! but this was expensive!" She began to protest but he suddenly cut in. "Just take it as an apology for making you run away from a crowd of girls." Jiyeon laughed. "That was sort of fun though." Hoshi laughed and said. "So how about that coffee?" "Yes please! So tired..."


When they entered the coffee shop. Jiyeon ordered her's and then Hoshi ordered a simple hot americano. When he went to pay, Jiyeon quickly gave the baristia her card instead. "Take it as a payment for my hat." She smiled. Hoshi just rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Meet you at the table." Hoshi sat in a secluded table absent of windows so he could take off his mask and drink his coffee in peace. Jiyeon soon rrived with both their drinks.

She crossed her leg over the other and sipped her ice coffee and let out a refreshing sound. "How can you drink an iced drink in November?" Hoshi questioned her. "I can only drink my coffee over ice. It is the best way." She shrugged and continue to sip on her coffee.

Hoshi stared at her, his expression getting serious. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She frowned, seeming concerned. "Jiyeon-ssi..." Jiyeon cut in. "Just call me Jiyeon. she -ssi makes me feel old." He chuckled but continued. "As your Sunbae, teacher, and now - I hope - friend...if there is anything you need to tell me, please tell me. Okay?" Jiyeon blinked, seeming confused. "Are you talking about the phone call from earlier?" He nodded. "But also other things. Like, what do you do outside of the company?" Jiyeon frowned. Was he starting to catch on or was he just curious. "I sometimes help my mom at her cafe. She owes one downtown. " Hoshi smiled, but it seemed a bit disappointed as if he was expecting a different anwer. "So, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me about your mom?" His smile became more sincere. Jiyeon was taken aback slightly. No one had really asked her about her. Which is why her own members don't know much about her either. "She is not small like me if that is what you are thinking." She laughed. "She is pretty tall. I got my height from my...er..father." She chuckled nervously. Yeah, her parents were an odd couple, but they loved each other so that is that mattered. Now it was complicated though.

The two of the continued to talk like that for over an hour. "So Hoshi. Tell me. Why are you so interested in me?" She teased. "Don't tell me you are falling for me already? We just met" Hoshi gasped. "Wow...heol! Jiyeon!" He seemed shocked at her selfpraise. "I just want to be friends. I feel like you are trustworthy." He grinned and said. "Also I felt like you need a support system. I can tell you are not close with your members yet, and that phone call seemed like even you were distant from your family. I have 12 friends supporting me, so I felt greedy and guilty towards you. Also, I love making new friends." He finished his coffee and said. "So, what do you think? Want to be friends? Of course I am still your teacher, but outside of practice I want to be a friend for you." His eyes gleamed with anticipation. Jiyeon felt her heart swelling up, being touched by his words. How can a person be as innocent and kind as him. "Sure." She said simply with a smile. 


Like that the night coninued on with all sixteen of them meeting at the Noraebang place. That night was an unforgetable night for Jiyeon and the other two girls as well. It seemed that whatever issue HyeYoung and Jiyeon had earlier had gone away cause the three girls sang together for the boys, followed by each boy trying to show off to them. Of course, it was just all in good fun. This was a moment that Jiyeon felt was surreal. Here she was laughing and sharing stories with HyeYoung, KyungAh, DK, Joshua, and Vernon about her day. Normally she didn't tell people about her day, but her mood was so high thatshe wanted to share more fun stories. She hoped she would have more to tell in the future. 
"Jiyeon! You seem to be in a good mood!" KyungAh pointed out, leaning closer to her. HyeYoung nodded. "It is kind of scary." She said, playfully nudging her. 
"Is Jiyeon usually crank?" Vernon asked, seeming shocked. "Very crank!" KyungAh teased. "I'm not as cranky as HyeYoung in the morning though!" She laughed and as did the rest of them.

God, she hoped this high would last; however, the world kept spinning and life kept moving to the next chapter.

 


Note: Sorry for the long chapter! I couldn't stop xD