Close Call

Trust is Fragile

On a Friday night in Seoul, approximately 11PM, the streets becoming more crowded than usual because the youth has all come out to let loose and live out their...well...youth! Just like any night, downtown Seoul was riddled with street performers from buskers, magicians, to even dancers. Though, there were more dancers and singers out on Friday nights. Some of these performers were just young people trying to enjoy the night while others were hoping to be discovered. You never know, it could happen right? 

For a small girl named Jiyeon, she had a very odd reason as to why she was performing a street dance tonight. The only catch was that she was dressed as a male. Jiyeon was 20 years old and was currently a trainee at Pledis. Yes, that Pledis with the 13 member boy group. She was to debut in six months with two other girls, so she pretty much had it made right now. So, why was she here abut to perform dressed like a guy? 

Well, it's a little complicated. The main reason she was dressed as a guy in a loose light blue distressed jeans with an oversized sweater, black face mask, and black cap conceling her short black hair was because she didn't want to be caught by her company. If they knew she was performing outside instead of company then she would get in trouble. Why she was performing? It was sort of her way to rebel against her uncle who, by the way, was the VP of Pledis. See? I told you it was complicated.

The small girl had no trouble dressing and passing as a guy because, well, she was rather small in everything from her hight to her curves. While her dark, almost black, eyes scanning the crowd before her, She pulledon the strap of her cap to make sure it was securly implace so her hair would not slip through. Jiyeon soon began to to set up by herself which didn't really take long since she only had a stereo and herself. 

For a few moments she stood in the middle of downtown with her feet spread apart and hands clenched into fists at her side. Before walked around her, giving her strange glances. They were probably wondering why a middle school boy was out at this time of night. Then suddenly Seventeen's Clap blasted from the radio and Jiyeon began the choreography.

Within a few seconds into the song, a crowd was starting to gather, making Jiyeon's adrenaline rush. She loved seeing people get hyped up when she performed and she hoped they could let loose as well. 

Most of Seventeen's performances looked awesome because they were all together, but Jiyeon did her best to freestyle some dance whenever there was a part that needed it to make the dance feel less empty since there was only one of her. Of course, she is still a rookie, so she did make some mistakes but nothing that couldn't be covered up swiftly.

By the end of the dance cover, the crowd clapped for herand some even asked her to take some money for the performance. She didn't accept money so she would just shake and wave her hands at them, bowing polietly. She didn't want to speak and let them know she was a girl. Eventually the crowd began to scatter, and Jiyeon began to pack her things, i.e. her radio. She put the medium sized radio in her small bag when a male suddenly approached her, telling her she did a good job. She bowed and then met the male's eyes that seemed strangely familiar. The male was wearing a black cap and a black face mask as well. After a few seconds, her mind matched those eyes with a face. "It couldn't be..." 

As if he just read her mind, the male pulled down his mask and smiled that cheeky smile of his. "It is me~ I just want to thank you for covering out song" Crap crap, it was Hoshi! As in, her sunbae Hoshi! While he didn't even know who she was even inside of Pledis, she couldn't risk him getting a good look at her. As if by impulse, the girl turned to run away from him; however, she soon felt a firm hand grab her wrist and she was pulled into the idol's chest. Behind her she could hear a motorcycle speed by, feeling the wind on her exposed neck. He was probably trying to make a delivery and was booking it. 

Jiyeon looked up to see a shocked look on Hoshi's face. "You.." He suddenly let go and bowed "I-I'm sorry! I...I didn't know you were...a girl" He whispered girl and Jiyeon's face suddenly felt really hot. She may be small, but it was still there. 

Before Hoshi could say or do much else, Jiyeon grabbed her bag and sprinted off. She could hear Hoshi yelling "Wait!" But soon fangirls noticed him and flooded around him.

After a god five minutes of running away, Jiyeon finally stopped at a bustop, panting and removing her mask. "Aish...why did he have to be there...why did he have to..." she thought back to when he pulled her towards his body and suddenly slapped bother her squishy cheeks. "Wake up Jiyeon!"

She then rmoved her cap to let her short black hair fall down which stopped right above her shoulders. She took out her phone from her bag and checked her messages. She only had messages from a group chat with her and the other two girls that she was to debut with.

HyeYoung: Ya! Jiyeon it is past 12! You said you would be back by now.

HyeYoung: Aren't you going to answer me?

KyungAh: Eonni, when you come back can you pick up two rolls of kimbap? I'm starving~~

HyeYoung: And bring some cola too!

Jiyeong laughed slightly. "So will Hye forgive me if I bring cola? OK!" She stood up walked to the nearest store to buy the peace offerings before hailing a can ince all the buses were done running for the night.

When she returned, she held up the bags of food and cola and said. "I brought gifts!!" Both Hye and KyungAh rushed towards her and took their respectable items.

"So how was your mom?" KyungAh said with a mouth full of kimbap.

"She's fine. She just wanted help to close down the cafe. " Jiyeon shrugged, stealing a piece of kimbap. She felt guilty for lying to them, but honestly if she had then the leader, HyeYoung, would have ratted her out. She was one to always follow the rules which sort of annoyed her at times. Guess that is why she is the leader.

"Ah! By the way! Big news! Apparently we are going to meet with the three leaders of Seventeen tomorrow!" Hye squealed and Jiyeon's jaw dropped. "Heol..." What a coincidence. "Relax Jiyeon.. It is not like he got a good look at your face." 

For the rest of the night, the three girls chatted about why they were meeting the three leaders. No one could really predict what kind of plan Pledis had in mind, but they could only hope for the best, right?

 


a/n Finished with my first chapter! It is my first time doing this so I hope you all will understand D;
Let me know what you guys think! I will post a second chapter soon~