Attempting to Trust

Trust is Fragile

Jiyeon was the first one to wake up that morning, but that was mainly because she was starving! She wasn't sure why though since she ate half of a kimbap roll last night before bed. Anyway, she walked into the kitchen to get cereal. She searched through various cabniets before realizing someone had put it ontop of the fridge which was too high for her. "Aish...these girls..."

Hye and KyungAh liked to play pranks on her sometimes since she was short. The other two were taller than her, so they found it funny to hide her favorite snacks in high places. To get back at them this time, Jiyeon grabbed her radio and walked into the living room where both girls were sleeping side by side. She placed the radio between both of their head and canked it all the way up for playing Boom Boom by Seventeen. 

Both girls immediately screamed, jumping up and covering their ears. "Aish!! Jiyeon! Turn that down!!" Jiyeong laughed out loud before turning it off. "That is what you get for putting my cereal on the fridge. Now one of you get it down, I am starving!" 

"Don't be so dramatic" Hye rolled her eyes and grabbed the cereal effortlessly. 

"It is not my fault that I wasn't blessed with height" She snatched her cereal and began to pour it into a bowl.

"Yeah! But you got amazing facial features! I would kill for lips like yours!" KyungAh said.

"And your eyes are so round!" Hye chimed in.

Jiyeong rolled her eyes. "So is that why you guys pick on me?"
"Because it is fun" They both said together.

Jiyeon may be lacking in height, but one thing she did like was her unique facial feature. She had plump round lips and doe-like eyes; however, she did have big ears. But Hye and Kyung were also very beautiful with their sharp eyes and defined bone structures. Guess each girl wanted what they didn't have.

Hye was the tallest of the three of them with long wavy redish brown hair. Her cheecks were round, but her eyes were fierce. It was like she had cuteness and iness mixed in her. Her legs were slender and her style was very chic. As for Kyung, she was the middle height of the two, so about average. She had straight dark brown hair and bangs that covered her forehead. Her eyes were a light brown color and her cheekbones were high and defined. She had more of a girlish style. She almost looked half korean, which Jiyeon assumed she was. 

In all honestly, the girls didn't know many personal things about each other. They have known each other for about three months, and it seemed like they all had something to hide. Though, out of the three of them, Hye shared the most. Jiyeon herself was just slow to trust people. No one knew about her uncle being the VP because she knew people would treat her differently or think she got in just because of him. She was scared her groupmembers may think the same.

However, her Uncle didn't want anyone else knowing either so she didn't have to worry about anyone finding out. Their realtionship was pretty complicated.

Moving on from that, there were more important matters at hand. Their meeting with the Seventeen Leaders. Knowing that Hoshi didn't even see her face made all her worries go away. It was just a little embarrassing because of how he found out that she was a girl. 

Shaking the thought away, Jiyeon put on a pair of Nike legging which were majority black with two white lines going up the side on both legs. Over it she put on a large sweater with wide sleeves that covered her hands. Her sweater was two colors, black on the shoulder part and an olive color for the rest of the sweater. She then put on redish/pink lipgloss and light eyeliner. Her hairstyle was the same with her short locks down and free-flowing. 

KyungAh dressed for feminine with a pair of highwaisted light jeans and a pink button-up blouse with white strips tucked in. Over it she wore a long grey cardigan. Her brown hair was tied up. Hye wore a pair of tight black jeans and a cropped blue sweater that exposed her mid section slightly. All three of them had very different styles, so much so that Jiyeon wondered why they were put in a group together. 


Once they arrived in the meeting place, which happened to be their small practice room, Jiyeon yawn and leaned her back against one of the many mirrors in the room. "I hope they bring coffee..." She groaned.
"Didn't you just drink coffee before we left?" Hye raised a brow.
"But I couldn't drink all of it! KyungAh was so sure we'd be late!" Jiyeon held out her phone to reveal that they were ten minutes early.
"She is just excited to meet S.Coups Sunbae" Hye teased the youngest member.
"Ji-eonni I will by you coffee later, okay?" She said sweetly with a smile. "Okay okay" Jiyeon smiled slightly. Out of the two girls, she was quite fond of KyungAh. Maybe it was because she was the youngest.

During their coffee debate, three males suddenly entered the room with, you guessed it, three Americanos. "Anyeonghaseyo! Good morning!" Said an energetic Hoshi in English with a heavy Korean accent. 
The three of them bowed as if it was second nature. "Annyeonghaseyo!" They all three said in unison. 

"Who wants coffe-" Before Seungcheol could finish, Jiyeon had already took a cup and bowed.
" I see you like coffee" The main leader smiled and Hye bowed. "Sorry about her, she just loves coffee. I am-"
Before she could introduce herself, Jihoon chimed in, pointing at Hye first.
"Hyeyoung, leader/rapper. Jiyeon, dancer/vocal. KyungAh, main vocal/maknae."
The three of them blinked, wondering how they already knew. 
Soonyoung suddenly jumped in. "Starting today we are not just your Sunbaes, but your teachers~" He put his hands up for a high-five, but none of the girls responded. 

"Seems like they are in shock..." Soonyoung them awkwardly put his hands down. Then, at that moment, the VP walked in, causing all six of them to bow. "Glad you are all here. He smiled, but his smile felt very insincere. Jiyeon avoided eyecontact with her uncle, knowing that he would do the same. "The CEO wants to invest in you three girls since he believes you have potential to be a power Trio. Of course, which better way to learn than from the leaders of Seventeen. These three are a strong team, and we hope they can make you three strong and dependent as well. Of course, like anything. There are rules." He said rules directly at Jiyeon, almost as if he was scolding her. Soon his gaze went back to the rest of them. "Of course, no private meeting outside of the company. Especially at night. This goes without saying, but you never know when a scandal could happen. Understood?" "NE!" They all said yes in unison and bowed. He soon left, leaving the six of them alone again.

Hoshi then grinned, whispering suddenly. "Now that the buzz kill has left, tonight how about we all get to know each other through Norebang! With the rest of the memebers too! They are so excited to meet you! It is our first time supervising a junior group so we want to make the first day fun!" Jihoon and Seungcheol nodded in agreement. "Of course. The best way to help you girls is if we get to know each other first." Jihoon added. "We also need to build trust." Seungcheol added.

Trust? I haven't done that in awhile Jiyeon's thoughts suddenly appeared as such; however, she was the first to agree. Any chance to disobey her uncle is fun to her. "I'm in!" The other two girls also smiled. "Us too!!" Hoshi laughed. "Perfect! First let's go have lunch together in Pledis Cafeteria! The rest of the members will join us too! We thought it may be too awkward to ask you guy to suddenly come play with us, so a causal lunch is a perfect way to ease into it. There is thirteen of us after all."


During lunch, Jiyeon sat next to Soonyoung who seemed to be particularly interested in her. Maybe it was because she was the dancer of the group. It made sense because across from her was Seungcheol who was sitting beside Hyeyoung and then Jihoon sat to the other side of Jiyeon and by Jihoon was KyungAh. 

"So Jiyeon! Tell me about yourself~" Soonyoung suddenly broke the silence between them. The other four have been chatting away for awhile, but Jiyeon was avoiding eyecontact. "Are you normally this quiet? Do you need more coffee?" He joked, turning to face her while he chewed his food,

Honestly, Jiyeon was still awkward because of last night. Anyway, she turned, not realizing how close his face was to hers. "I-" She paused as his face became still. 
"Huh? Jiyeong-ssi...your eyes..." Crap...crap...does he recognize them? "They are so big! Wow!" He smiled, causing his eyes to go into 10:10 slits. Why did he look so cute? 

Jiyeon decided to relax since he seemed oblivious. "Your right, I think I need more coffee. Sunbae, can you treat me?" She said in a cute/sarcastic way. 
"There we go! Finally got you to talk! You are funny." he laughed and then gestured for her to eat.
"So how long have you been dancing?"
"Hm...maybe 7 years? Since I was 13."
"Oh! So you are 20? Awesome! you are younger than me." He grinned and patted her head. "You know, I just realized...I think you are just as short as Jihoon..AH!" Soonyoung rubbed his leg where Jihoon just kicked him. "But still tall enough to kick you." He smiled, glaring at Soonyoung who was pouting. Jiyeon put up her hand and received a highfive from Jihoon. "I like him." She gave him a thumbs up. "We may be small but we are strong." Jihoon nodded in agreement. 
"You know, for fun we put Jiyeon's snacks in high places." Hyeyoung suddenly confessed to everyone, making everyone laugh, even Jihoon.
"That is hilarious! Why didn't we think of that!" Said  Seungkwan who had just arrived at the right moment. Jihoon glared a the sassy boy who only stuck his tongue out at him. 
Jiyeon blushed in embarrassment and Hoshi patted her head again. "It is okay. Every group need a short member." Jiyeon then fired back. "But Sunbae, you are not that tall either." Everyone at the table then laughed as Soonyoung became flustered but, in the end, laughed as well. 
Within a few more minutes, the rest of Seventeen began to arrive, the table getting louder and louder; however, the laughs kept growing. Jiyeon was starting to feel a sort of kind of way. Almost content with this moment. She hoped it wouldn't end soon.