KryBer - Regret

One Shot Collection For Random Pairings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a Re-uploaded fic from what I have wrote back then (already posted it as well before) and I have edited it as well because as I read it, I wonder how come I write like that before XD it bothers me and I decided to just make a one shot collection instead. This one is KryBer, based on my real life story. WARNING : IT'S ANGST, SAD STORY! you've been warned. Credits pictures to owners! :)

Krystal's POV

My name is Krystal Jung. I’m the younger sister of Jessica Jung. yeah you're right, she is one of the SNSD member. this is the story about my past life. before my parents told me to be a trainee like my sister did. When I was still in San Fransisco till the first time I went to Korea meeting her again and feel regretfull with everything I’ve done. I closes my eyes and the rush of memories from my past started to creep inside my mind, pictures of her smiles and everything that happened between us.

flashback

I was running around with my little feet, avoiding my mom that is trying to force me to eat my breakfast. I am way too excited to go to school, it was my first day afterall. First day of school back then when I was a kid seems to be more happier, merrier, and exciting. “Krystal Jung. come on, finish your breakfast or we’re gonna be late for school. You don’t want to be late on your first day of school.” I heard my mom said to me as she followed me from behind with a plate of boiled egg that has been cut into small pieces, easier to be chewed.

“I don’t want too. can we just go to school mommy? I can’t wait to go to school.” I whined, stopping right in front of her and showing her my puppy eyes. She just smiled and kneel down to my eye level to feed me with more of from the plate. “not until you finish your breakfast.” She said softly, reaching out her hand to my mouth with a spoon of cut boiled egg. "say aaaaa" she opened hoping me to open my mouth but I just shake my head and zip my mouth tightly.

“No ~I don’t want it. I’m not hungry mommy. can we go now?" I jumping around excitedly wearing my small backpack. She just let out a sigh of defeated as she stand up and gave me a soft smile “alright alright! you won my little princess, let's go now” she put the plate on the table and take my hand as we walked outside the living room to our car, she helped me to sit on the passenger seat and put my seatbelt securely.

“yay! thanks mommy! Yay school!!" I hold the seatbelt excitedly as my sister just rolled her eyes in annoyed on the back seat as she put her seatbelt on. My mom started driving in moderate speed as we arrived at school within 15 minutes. I take off the seatbelt, open the car door and runs towards the school gate excitedly, waiting for my mom to park the car properly and walk with my sister. My sister just let out a heavy sigh and pats my head before heading towards her class, my mom hold my hand and walk with her to my class. I am so excited, my heart is racing, my cheeks are a bit flushed in a shade of pink. My mom pecks my forehead and fix my uniform before bidding a goodbye to me. I get inside the classroom and see lots of other children in the same uniform as mine and as excited as I am. I take a seat nearby the wall at the corner, not wanting to be the spotlight and I heard the bell rings. The teacher came into the classroom with a bright aura all over her and a bright smile on her face. She then stand in the middle of the class with a huge smile before she claps her hands excitedly.

“good morning children.. today I want all of you to introduce yourself, since today is our first day.. who wants to go first?” the teacher asked in her exited tone. Every kid in the room raising their hands with excitement, wanting to be the first one to introduce themselves. meanwhile I’m still too shy to introduce myself.

“I want I want!!!!” one of the girl raise her hand and yelled out loud, earning everyone's attention. The teacher smiled and gesturing her to come to the front. The girl walks quickly to the front, she is bubbly and all happy, she also have a cute face. Half of her hair is tied up in pony tails while the rest of her hair set lose, gracefully covering her small shoulder. She looks beautiful.

“okay. Amber. you can introduce yourself here.” the teacher said and stand behind her with her arms wrapped around her small shoulder.

“Thank you miss!" she said, her voice is also soft and soothing. I find it interesting to listen to her voice. I smiled as I keep staring at her. 

“hello everyone! my name is Amber Josephine Liu. I’m 4 years old. I love everything and I hope we all can be friends!” she look around and our eyes met, I hung my head down immediately, feeling my cheeks slightly hot. I am embarrassed. as she walk back to her seat I stole glances to her, our eyes met again and she gave her bright smile and I smiled back to her shyly.

“okay. Thank you Amber that was great! anyone who want to be next?” The teacher asked, earning another flows of excitement from the other children. I was just sitting on my table, listening to everyone introducing themselves. After almost everyone introduce themselves in front of the class. I still don’t have any courage to do that. “anyone else that haven’t introduce themself?” the teacher look around and her eyes landed on me, she smiled softly, waiting for me to raise my hand volunteering to introduce myself but I am too scared to do it.

“that lovely girl on the corner miss!" I recognize that voice. it’s Amber, and she is pointing at me, my eyes immediately shot at her and she just gave that dorky smiles before mouthing 'you can do this!'

“can you introduce yourself Krystal?” everyone now starring at me and giving a curious look, some of them gave me smiles and encouraging thumbs up. “umm.. o-o-okay.....” I said softly before I stand up slowly from my seat and walk to the front where the teacher have waited me. I hung my head down in embarrassment. as I stand beside the teacher, she wrapped her arms around my shoulder to help me less tensed “relax Krystal.. there is nothing to be afraid of..” the teacher whisper to me and giving me a wide smile

“m-m-my name is Krystal J-jung. n-n-nice to meet you a-a-ll. I-I hope I can be your f-friends...” I stutter a lot as my voice is getting softer and softer as I speak. my head still hung down because I’m too shy, my cheeks are as hot as my mom's cooking.

“that’s a beautiful name you have.” Amber said courageously

“ yes! it’s not a bad name, can you speak louder?” the other kid that I noticed name Luna said with her loud voice.

“yeaaah!! would you please introduce yourself again? we want to know you!” and everyone in the class got excited, the energy that given to me is overwhelming, I never knew they will be this excited to just knowing me. They're all kind, I hope I can fit in this class well.

“calm down kids.. let Krystal speak..” the teacher said in her calm tone as the noises that echoing within the classroom started to subside.

“my name is Krystal Jung nice to meet you all and I hope I can be your friends” I smiled to everyone and they gave me smile and loud cheers. The class is getting noisier in excitement, I walk back to my seat with my heads up and everyone smiled to me and give thumbs up. some of them said 'good job' as well, I sit back on my chair and the kids in front of me and beside me reached their hand out to have a handshake and greet me and introduce themselves again personally to me. I shake their hands and gave them smile. This is going to be great isn't it?

“everyone already introduce themself?” The teacher said, while grabbing one of her book.

“yeeess miss!!!!” we all answer her with excitement

“okay.. let’s play something now to keep up that excitement!" The teacher walk to the radio tape that placed at the corner front of the class and she put a cassette in it before press the play button and a music. The room started to filled with songs as she asked us to stand up from our chair. What she means by play is study. since we still a kids and it still kindergarten. we studied by playing, we sing, we play spelling, we got activities and many more. it was a fun time at school.

“hey Krystal.. why are you so shy?” Amber approached me and stand beside me with her dorky smiles, she whispered softly.

“umm.. I-I don’t know.. I’m not that confidence to speak in front of people” I said as I hung my head down shyly

“aw.. come on.. let’s play!!” she dragged me to other kids and other kids welcome me warmly. we played together. and we have so much fun. Amber stay close to me, trying the best she can to make myself comfortable. She look cute with that tiny pony tail and half of her hair set lose to cover her shoulder. I can't stop myself from stealing glances to her, she always emit this warmth all around her that makes whoever that can get close to her becoming more comfortable and at ease. I wonder why she choose me to stuck with while any other kids are more fun than I am.

RIIIING

“okay kids, today’s school is over for now. did you have some fun??” The teacher claps her hands to gain our focus on her, she bent herself to be in our eye level as she smiled brightly. “yeees miss!!!” we all shouted in unison

“good! tomorrow we will have more fun again! don’t be late kids or you’ll missed everything!” The teacher gave a wink to us raising her index finger

“yess misss!!" we shout louder this time as her smile grew wider

“what we should say before we go home?” She taps her chin waiting us to answer her question

“thank you for everything today miss!!!” we shout the loudest we can before giving her our best smiles.

“goood!!! See you tomorrow!" She opened the door and waved a goodbye to each one of us. Everyone started to storm outside the classroom heading towards their own parents that has been waiting for them outside the gate. I was looking around to find my mom in the midst of every kids that excited talking to their parents about everything we did today but I can’t find her, she’s late. I frowned and mumble “where is my mom?”

“hey Krystal, where is your parrents? Are they coming?” I heard Amber's voice as she tapped my shoulder gently. She also look around to find some that might be identified as my parents. “of course my mom will come to pick me up. but I think she is late, I can't find her.” I said sadly, she hugged me gently and gave me the warmth feelings all over my heart that makes me not feeling sad anymore.

“hey there lovely girl.. your mom still not here?” one lady came towards us and Amber release her hug on me and come to hug her, I think she is Amber's mom. She is looking around too hoping to find my mom somewhere in the crowd before looking back at me.

“yes Ms Liu.” I answered politely

“mom, can we accompany her till her mom comes?” Amber asked to her mom while looking up to her, she is too cute. I just unconsciously smile seeing her in that position.

“sure we can Amber.” her mom said softly, she has the similar warmth with Amber, calming kind of warmth that makes me really feel comfortable around her. We talk a little bit while Amber telling everything she did with me inside the class, her mom just listen to her attentively while asking her back sometimes. As we're talking and crowd started to diminishing in numbers, I started to feel uneasy like why my mom haven't comes. As I was worried that she might stuck in traffic or somewhere, I heard her calling out my name from afar “Krystal!!”. I turned my head immediately as I saw my mom from afar waving her hands, I immediately run towards her and hugged her tightly “mommy!!” She lift me up and carried me on her arms while walking towards Ms Liu and Amber. 

“hello! I’m Ms Jung, thanks for looking out for my daughter." my mom said with a smile, I smiled happily to Ms Liu as Amber also being carried on her arms, Amber pokes my arms jokingly as I shot a glare to her, she just let out a chuckles.

“hello Ms Jung. nice to meet you, I'm Amber's mom.” they tried to shake hands despite they're carrying us.

“nice to meet you too Ms Liu. thank you again for looking out for my daughter." My mom smiled

“no problem." Amber's mom gave a warm smile, I like her smile. It's warm and filled with love.

We ended up always play together, we always did everyrhing together, we became more closer as the times goes by. Amber's mom and my mom becoming best friends. Amber and I also get competitive towards each others sometimes, we often compete to get a better score, specially in writing subject. because, if it comes to numbers, Amber will win easily. She loves numbers as much as she loves sport subject. It’s been 2 years since we became close friends. unfortunately, we should graduate and continue to primary school. It was supposed to be a happy day, but I am not that much happy or excited about our graduation day for some particular reason.

“Ice princess, do you have to move so far away?” Amber said in sad tone and poke my face. I am also sad, I love having her around me. I don't want to be separated with her but what can I do. My parents already decided it.

“yes llamber. my mom and my dad want us to move to Korea.” I said solemnly while hugging her tightly, not wanting let her go.

“can we meet again someday?” she asked as she started sobbing

“I hope we could...” we ended up crying together as we both doesn't want to go separate ways. I am way too attached with this girl, so does she.

“I’ll miss you princess. Thank you for all the times you have spend with me. I promise I'll go to Korea someday to visit you and we can be together forever!" She wiped her tears and gave her dorky smile. I'm gonna miss her smile so much.

“I’ll miss you too llama. promise that you will go to Korea someday and we can be together forever??” I said full of hope and expectation

“I promise Krystal Jung. pinky promise!” she showed her pinky and I linked mine with her as we sealed our promise into this pinky promise. A promise that I will hold for my whole dear life.

“don’t break your own promise Amber Liu!" I pointed my index finger threatening her

“I wont because I like you a lot and I want to be with you forever and I’ll make it come true!” she smiled confidently and I also smiled widely, we hug together one last time before our parents has to separate us forcefully because we just want to stay together. We ended up crying again.

I did moved to Korea. I lost contact with Amber at some point. I missed her being so annoying beside me, picture of her smile sometimes passing through my mind, still making me smile unconsciously everytime jt happened. Time flies as I reached 12 years old. it’s been 6 years I didn’t meet her and made a contact with her. I wonder if she still remember her promise or not, how is she looked like, and is she already had anyone else in mind? She’s cute and lovely. I bet she already had one. I entered the Junior High School, today is my first day there. It feels like when the first time I went to school, minus the excitement.

I entered my classroom, the seats almost fully occupied. I saw an empty seat at the corner and I decide to claim it as my seat. I walked carefully not to bumped into random students and finally reached my seat. I put all my stuffs down and started to unloading the things inside my bag to be organized on my table and the desk under the table. As soon as I am finished organizing everything, someone caught my attention on the entrance door I saw a girl with a boy haircut wearing a jacket and got a backpack, the only thing that makes me think she’s a girl that she wear girls uniform. It's a little weird but she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter