MOVING ON

Welcome Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOVING ON

Sunhee never wanted a big ceremony and Jongdae was forced to have one last minute when he married Taehee. For theirs they agreed on a small arrangement at a local church with their friends and Jongdae's family (Sunhee had sent an invite to her parents, but they never replied, she assumed she was good as disowned). As for the day of the wedding it was the year after Jongdae asked, Minhwan was almost three and it was a beautiful October day. Sunhee was sitting in the bridal room, gaze flickering from the blue sky outside the window to the vanity mirror where she was seated. She was surprised at how calm she was, how ready.

She was dressed in a sweetheart lace piece, something she never thought she would wear, but it looked good on her. The white wedding dress made her feel like a princess. She examined her appearance for the hundredth time in the mirror, eyes still smoky, lips a light pink and hair loosely curled and braided over her right shoulder, a few crystal clips pinned here and there.

“Well .”

Sunhee jumped at the sudden voice, spinning around on the bench to see Sehun slipping into the room with his girlfriend and Sunhee's maid-of-honor at his side.

“Sehun,” Bomi scolded elbowing him in the ribs. He grunted at the shot while Sunhee laughed at them as she stood.

“What?” Sehun whined. “I've never seen Boss in a dress before, it's weird.”

Bomi rolled her eyes at her boyfriend before stepping over to Sunhee with a friendly smile. “You look so pretty, Jongdae is going to lose it when he sees you,” she cooed happily.

Sunhee blushed at the thought. “How's Minhwan? He's got to be bouncing off the walls by now,” she smiled fondly.

Sehun groaned dramatically. “That tiny monster is running all about. Jongdae's given up on chasing him and he refuses to wear his shoes.”

The bride glanced to her maid-of-honor for the truth and she just shrugged and nodded. Apparently Sehun was being real instead of his usual over-dramatic potty mouth self – though he still had a problem swearing Bomi had definitely reigned him in greatly.

Sunhee sighed. “Can you bring him here? I'll try to get his shoes on.”

“On it,” Bomi chirped happily. “Is there anything else you need? There's still twenty minutes until we begin.”

She shook her head. “Just Minhwan please.”

With a bob of her head Bomi left the room yanking Sehun along with her. He huffed like he was annoyed but Sunhee could see the happy fondness in his eyes as he gazed at his girlfriend. The potty mouth boy was absolutely smitten.

As she waited for Bomi's return Sunhee paced the small room wondering how Jongdae was doing. Did he feel nervous, or was he as calm and ready as Sunhee was? Her heart jumped with excitement when she glanced at the clock over the door to see that there was fifteen minutes until the ceremony. It was still so much time yet too short for her dream to come true. Most people spend a life time to achieve their dream, but here she was almost twenty-six and she was getting hers.

Smiling goofily to herself the door to the bridal room was opened and in sprinted a tiny, but hyper Minhwan. Her grin widened as she crouched down to his level.

“Momma,” the boy squealed. Bomi giggled as she stepped into the room, the child's shoes in her hands. Minhwan stopped in front of Sunhee with wide eyes as he took in her outfit. “Wow mama,” he said in childish awe.

“Am I pretty?” she asked him playfully.

Minhwan nodded, his hair flopping everywhere.

Sunhee giggled as she reached out and smoothed his hair back into place. “You look handsome yourself.”

“Like daddy,” he boasted proudly.

“Yes just like daddy, but you're missing something,” she said motioning for Bomi. The girl in the teal dress stepped forward and handed over the little dress shoes. “If you're going to match daddy you have to wear your shoes.”

Minhwan pouted shaking his head. “Ouchie,” he whined.

“Ouchie? Hm,” Sunhee said pretending to think as she looked at the tiny shoes. “How about we make a deal?” Minhwan tilted his head curiously, not entirely understanding what the woman was saying. “If you put your shoes on and wear them until we get in the car then you can have cake for lunch,” she promised.

The boy's face lit up like it was New Years fireworks. “Really? Cake?” he cheered excitedly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter