WORK & PLAY

Welcome Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WORK & PLAY

“Holy crap! She has a kid,” boomed Sehun. His mouth as vulgar as ever.

“Language Sehun,” Junmyeon scolded.

“It's a ing baby,” Sehun said dramatically. His arms gesturing wildly at Sunhee who was walking into the lounge of the garage with Minhwan on her hip and diaper bag on her shoulder.

“I'll beat you if you keep talking like that,” Sunhee warned glaring at her employee. “He can hear you.”

“He's a baby. He doesn't understand what I'm saying,” Sehun grumbled.

The tall guy dropped onto a stool by the wet bar while Sunhee sat the diaper bag on the sectional sofa, Junmyeon rising from his spot to great her and wave kindly at Minhwan who waved back shyly.

Being back in South Korea Sunhee was finally able to personally meet the new hires Junmyeon made in her two years away, Sehun was one of those hires. He was a damn good body painter, down to free-handing the small details, and he had some interesting connections to part shops in Germany. Though his mouth was something that Sunhee didn't appreciate even now that they're met, but it wasn't enough to make her fire him, yet that didn't stop the whacks to the back of the his head and the toe stompings she was going to be giving him.

“Who is this?” Junmyeon asked gesturing to Minhwan.

“My nephew,” she answered. She bounced the baby on her hip as she moved to sit on the couch, Junmyeon sitting next to her. “His name is Kim Minhwan, he'll be coming to work with me from now on.”

“Why? What about his parents?” her garage assistant inquired.

“My sister ran off and oppa has his job as a teacher. Besides Minhwan is a good boy, he's gonna be my little helper,” she answered as she tickled and hugged the giggling child to her.

“Oppa?” Junmyeon questioned.

Sunhee should have seen that coming, she didn't refer to anyone as “oppa,” not even Junmyeon who was three years her senior. She looked away from Minhwan, who was chewing on his fingers as he gurgled incoherently on her lap. Junmyeon had his head cocked to the side, maple colored hair falling into his curious gaze.

“Jongdae oppa was my club president in high school,” she explained.

“Club?” Sehun cackled. “What club were you in?”

Sunhee shot a glare towards the snickering underling at the wet bar. He would definitely be receiving a kick in the rear later. “Chorus, you got a problem with that?”

“You sing?” Sehun continued to laugh.

“Sehun, get back to work,” Junmyeon ordered with a huff.

“But–”

“Work!” Junmyeon pointed over the back of the couch with a firm stare at the younger guy.

Sehun scoffed as he slid off the stool and marched off into the garage where tinkering and muttering could be heard from the other workers. Junmyeon shook his head as he turned back to Sunhee who was fixing Minhwan's hair.

“So you plan on working with the little tatter tot around?” he asked gesturing a finger at the baby.

“Mm, yeah. I can do both,” she answered softly. Her fingers trailing down the side of Minhwan's chubby cheek and to his neck where she tickled him again and he squealed in laughter. She smiled at the boy.

“He does seem like a good kid. Just call if you need help,” Junmyeon said as he got to his feet.

“Will do.” Standing herself Sunhee placed Minhwan back on her hip and pulled the diaper bag onto her shoulder. “Can you send Minseok up to my office in a bit so we can discuss the Mustang that just came in.”

“Got it.” He gave a thumbs up over his head as he walked off to his office.

Snuggling her face into Minhwan's hair Sunhee turned in the opposite direction for the metal staircase that spiraled upward to her office that she hadn't seen in so long. Stepping through the door she took a moment to take in the familiar room; the same metal frame desk her uncle use to used, the hubcap lights evenly spaced overhead, the beat up, overstuffed couches arranged in a semi-circle around a wooden coffee table made from a slab of cherry wood with the bark still around the edges. Everything was still the same even after her uncle's passing, the only change Sunhee made was updating his ancient computer that sat on his desk.

Taking a breath Sunhee mumbled, “I'm going to have to get a play pen for you little guy.”

Minhwan just gurgled and drooled on his shirt.

Sighing with a fond smile for the boy Sunhee moved to start working.


 

About twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door and Sunhee called to allow them entry. She was seated on the round, light green area rug with a clipboard full of jobs she was looking through while Minhwan was rolling, crawling and playing with his toys next to her. Looking up fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter