FINALIES

Welcome Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FINALIES

For a month Sunhee's parents and sister pestered her, ordering her to allow Taehee back into her apartment with her son and husband, but the youngest Choi didn't budge. Not to her parents and definitely not to Taehee, who she learned had waved her parental rights in the divorce papers – which the Choi parents still didn't believe was a thing. It wasn't until Sunhee's parents showed up at her front door demanding answers while praising Taehee's innocence, that they finally saw the paperwork from the divorce. Jongdae was at her side the whole way, standing up for her and telling her parents that Taehee had been the one to abandon them first. That she left her baby behind and there was no forgiving that. The Choi parents left in a burning silence while ignoring the facts, Taehee was still perfect in their eyes while Sunhee was the problem child.

Now, two weeks after that incident, Sunhee was at home with Minhwan, Jongdae out at a faculty meeting. The two had spent the afternoon playing around the apartment, until Sunhee got tired, so she managed to convince Minhwan to settle down and sit on her lap so she could read to him. They made it through two and a quarter stories before the boy started to nod off which Sunhee was extremely grateful for, so she sat the third book aside on the coffee table before stretching out on the couch. Her head propped up on the arm, legs lying flat along the couch cushions, arms gently wrapped around the child snuggled against her torso cheek pressed to her collarbone.

She kissed the top of his head before closing her own eyes wanting to take a short breather. But before she knew it she was out cold and without warning the warm weight was being removed from her chest. Groaning at the action she tightened her hold keeping him to her as she cocked her head to the side.

“Sunhee I'm just taking Minhwan to his crib,” came Jongdae's soft voice.

She squinted her eyes open for a moment to see the man over her with still neatly combed hair and a partially ed shirt. He was still trying to take the boy from her so she lazily shook her head as she cuddled Minhwan closer to her.

“No, mine,” she grumbled groggily.

Jongdae chuckled. “You want to keep him here?” his tone sounding teasing.

Closing her eyes again she nodded before pressing her cheek to the crown of the baby's head. “My Minhwan,” she muttered.

“How about I put Minhwan in his bed and I'll come back and cuddle you?” he suggested with a mischievous undertone in his voice.

She groaned. “No, Minhwan's better.”

He gasped, sounding insulted. “Turned down for my own son, so mean Sunhee,” he whined.

“Mhmm, now shh. Nap time,” she murmured sinking further into the couch cushions.

Jongdae chuckled under his breath, Sunhee listened as he shuffled away towards the hall. Happy to be left alone to sleep she gave Minhwan's head a chaste kiss, snuggled him close and drifted back to sleep. She was almost completely under when she felt another weight cover her, it was light and soft and kept her warmer letting her feel even more comfortable. Sighing in contentment Sunhee fell back asleep, her favorite boy on her chest and the guy she loved dropping onto the cushion by her feet.

When Sunhee woke up Minhwan was no longer on her chest, and she was curled up on her side blanket snugly tucked around her. Yawning and rubbing at her face she sat up as she heard Minhwan gurgle an excited 'dada' and Jongdae chuckle. Stretching her arms over her head and arching her back to allow a series of satisfying cracks and pops to resound from her joints. Once she was more awake she scanned the apartment for the two boys finding them leaving the kitchen.

“You're up,” Jongdae said when his eyes landed on her. A smile turning up his mouth as he and Minhwan walked towards her. Father and son hand-in-hand. Minhwan was growing up so fast.

“Yeah. Did you two eat?” she asked glancing at the clock over the television. It was a quarter passed six, Sunhee had taken a four hour nap. No regrets.

“No just Minhwan,” he answered.

She raised a brow at him as he let Minhwan go by his collection of toys on the other side of the coffee table before stepping around it and sitting next to Sunhee.

“Why haven't you?” she questioned.

As Jongdae opened his mouth to answer there were four loud raps at the door. His grin widened as he jumped up from the couch and jogged over to the front door and answered it as a new series of knocks began. Sunhee leaned forward on the couch so she could get better look at their visitor. Her eyes widened when Jongdae let Minseok in.

“What're you doing here?” she asked the blond guy as he kicked off his shoes.

“Date night,” Minseok smirked at her.

“What?” she squeaked baffled.

Minseok strutted his way across the apartment to sit on the floor next to his godson who clapped his hands and looked excited to see the man. Sunhee turned to Jongdae who was standing next to the couch, hand held out to her.

“Date night,” Jongdae repeated with a bright smile on his happy face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter