chapter 8

Our story

' I guess I shouldn't have been born...how I wish I woke up dead ' Hyo mumbled quietly. 

' I wish I could end... my miserable life ' she glanced at the corner of her room. Knife. A lone knife meant for cutting the fruits. She walk, hand outstretched. 

' I can't fight it anymore... I want to be free ' her hand tightened around the knife. So sleek and shiny. Hyo stared at it in daze. A small smile grace her face. 

' good bye hyoyeon... you did well ' thin countless pale scar greet her. A reminder of how much she have suffered. A lone tear glisten on her cheek. Leaving trials as it travel further. 


Seven smiling face stared back at her. Frozen for eternal. They were laughing at something. Hyo remembered it was her. Covered in cakes. It was taken during her fifteen birthday. Her brother had taken it 

' mianhae...chinggu~aa ' she smiled. She took time to burn each of those seven smiling face into her mind forever. She wouldn't forget her seven bestest friends ever. 

No,  eight. Her voice replied. You've eight best friends. You forgot her.

' no... don't. Please don't ' Hyo shrieked clutching her ears. Trying desperately to shut out the voice. But it can't be stopped. It was speaking within her. It was her mind. 

You were nine before you became eight. Don't tell me you forgot her, your best friend Hyo? The voice taunt her. Tears flowing uncontrollably. Memories flicked pass her eyes. 

Jessi... You forgot about Jessica. 

A pretty brunette came into her mind. Her nasally laugh tormenting her. With an ear splitting cry she harshly slashed the knife across her already tortured wrist. A familiar sharp sting of pain shot through her body. A slow smile etched itself on her face. The voice stopped. 

Voices...grunting she turned slowly at her door. She can hear her brother and mother desperately knocking, calling her. The door shook. Yunho must be slamming his body.  She smirked, it wouldn't be soon before they get to her. And by that time she would be free. 

' mianhae Omma... '

' oppa...but I couldn't fight it anymore ' her voice cracked. She could feel her life draining buy she fought to stay awake.

' let me see their faces for last...time'

She lift her head slightly and leaned against her bed. Waiting. The door was now groaning as more voices joined. 

' palli~wa Omma ' she joked. Her eyes dropping. She shook her head. Her vision was blackening.

The door gave a annoyed groan before falling apart. Someone rushed beside her. 

' hyoyeon... ' her brother cried taking her now frail form into his lap. Her head falling back with each shake. 

' ...my baby...' their mother, Mrs Kim staggared unable to control herself. Her baby girl whom she, they all loved is now laying there. Red rivulets forming around her. 

' yeonnie...please look at me ' Yunho helplessly pleaded gently tapping her face. But with each passing second his heart dropped. Ambulance arrived and second later several pale dressed came hurrying inside. They harshly pulled the two siblings apart. 

' you...you can't...' Yunho tried to fight back but stopped when his mother hugged him. ' Omma they...can't take my yeonnie. They...can't ' and then the once strong and manly brother of Hyo cried. A cry so heart breaking that moist filled the eyes of newly arrived stewards.

 

 

' Yah! What do you think might have happened to Hyoyeon? ' Chen asked. They were back at their favorite spot, the terrace. The boys shrugged and went back to watching the group below. Instead of their usually cheerful laughters and teasing were gone. Instead they had been gloomy, sad and quiet for days.  What struck them strange was that the usually noisy and playful Suju were also quiet. 
And they've noticed the absence of the two Kim siblings. 

' Do you think something might have happened to them? ' Baekhyun asked nudging his friends. Sehun grunted at the sharp jab on his side. 

' hyung! It hurts ' Kai grumbled rubbing his stomach. 


' I think it isn't good, look at heechul Hyun's solemn face ' chanyeol replied and true to his words. They saw their usually noisy senior serious and quiet beside the girls. And by the look of the girls it seem they had been crying a lot. 

' I don't know whether it's true but a rumour are circulating that the... Kim's youngest is suffering from bipolar disorder ' suho said calmly. ' and she recently tried to took her life'

' what? '

' but how did it didn't make it to the news? ' xiumin asked absurdly. 

' well it's just a rumor, so nothing to get worried about ' suho said but he himself seem to doubt it. 

' yeah..someone like hyoyeon wouldn't do such thing ' DO voiced. They all agreed with him but Sehun knew they were wrong. He knew the rumor is true. If the rumor of the youngest Kim suffering from bipolar disorder is true. Which is true. Then the rumor of her taking her life might be true. And he knows how true it is. 

 


Yunho sighed. Hyo glanced at his direction but kept her silence. Her food remained untouched in front of her. And she knows why he was sighing.

' Are you still not going to eat that? '

Hyo looked at her food and made a face. A ghostly, tasteless porridge which she had been eating for the whole week since she woke up. 

Yunho chuckled at his sister's antic, ' you've to take your medicine...now finish up your food '

' Hmph...it's gross plus it sort of rubbery ' she grumbled cutely. She wrinkle her nose at the bowl containg her food. An idea struck her.

' oppa ~' she called in a sing song voice. 

' no you aren't getting anything from me. Now eat it up... ' he sternly said. Hyo huffed and grudgingly lift the spoon. She almost threw up when his phone rang. She hastily gulp the contain and drank her water to wash away the taste. 

Yunho answered his phone but chuckled seeing her. It was their mother.

' yeonnie... I've to leave now but do take eat all the food and take the medicine OK? ' he kissed her forehead when she nod. Hyo fist pump in the air. He turned back from the doorway. 

' and don't do an crazy... Ms Lee will keep a watch on you and will sure you take the medicine ' he grinned seeing hyo's shoulder slump at the mention of the old nurse.

' but...oppa ~' but he had already left before she could protest.