The Necklace

Always Come Back To You

the last chapter!!! :)

 

 

 

Startled, he almost backed away and dropped him.

This can't be. He could just stare at Seokjin's face, tracing the lines of his eyes, his nose, his lips. Even without much light, he noticed the sharpness of his cheekbones and jaw, more prominent than he last saw him, probably from losing weight. There were also darkness under his eyes and his hair was longer.

"Just what in the world are you doing?" Taehyung asked in a hushed voice, before carrying the man inside and laying him at his bed. His eyes can't seem to leave him. "Why did you even come here, hyung?"

He shook his head lightly as he push away the questions in his mind. There are more important matters to attend. He went to the kitchen and started boiling water, making a concoction for cold and light headedness that he's sure Seokjin would feel. He also made a warm porridge and then went back to his bedroom to see the man still asleep. He started removing his almost wet clothes and gritted his teeth as he saw the scar from the stab he got in the bridge. Tracing it lightly, he continued and covered him with another set of clothes and thicker blankets.

He waited in vigil at Seokjin's side and just stared at the older man's face. His heart ached badly, from longing, from confusion, from guilt. He missed him so much, and everyday, he would pray for his safety and happiness and in the corner of his mind, to see him again. Then he could just push those away because it's not going to happen and it shouldn't anymore. And yet there they are, and he was so, so glad to see him again. He wanted to touch him, and hug him and curl at his side but it's not his right to be. Seokjin already has someone he loves. He shouldn't feel any of this.

Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts as Seokjin begin to stir. He stood abruptly and went to his side. "Hyung." He called.

Groaning, Seokjin slowly opened his eyes, looking around the room and then finally resting into him. "Taehyung." he said.

Seokjin said his name so soft, with affection, with longing. But he would have been fooled by those if he doesn't already know what Seokjin really felt.

"You should drink this first." He said and grabbed a small cup with concoction.

He watched as Seokjin slowly pulled himself upright, wincing as he did. His eyelids were blinking slowly then sighed as he found a more comfortable position. "Tae--" he croaked and then cleared his throat, "Taehyung, there's somethi--"

He cut him abruptly. "Drink this first and eat the porridge. Then we could talk."

Seokjin looked like he still wanted to argue but maybe he saw the coldness of Taehyung's eyes and just nodded slightly. He carefully reached for the cup and after gagging a little, he was able to drink it all. Then he turned to the broth and pulled the spoon in his lips with haste as if he wanted to finish immediately.

"I'll just be in the kitchen. I just need some coffee." Taehyung said and stepped outside the room without waiting for the other's response.

There, he could breathe a little more without the suffocating want and desire to touch him. His eyes warmed from frustration. What was he doing here? Just when he is trying to live his life again without him, he would pop out of nowhere and just barge in without warning. It had hurt a lot the first time he lost him when he thought he died, then the second when Taehyung left him just so Seokjin could be with the person he loves and now this? How will he deal with this when they have to get separated again?

"Taehyung."

He was startled and harshly turned to the sound of the voice. Seokjin was at the door wrapped in blankets. "I'm done eating. It was delicious. Thank you." He said.

"How did you find me?" He asked immediately.

"It was..." Seokjin trailed. "I didn't--"

"Never mind that, hyung. You can't be here. I don't know if you didn't realized but it's snowing outside and you could've died. What were you thinking? You're supposed to be at her side, remember?" Taehyung said with hurt in his voice that he didn't plan to show.

Seokjin started to step towards him but Taehyung stepped backwards as if he was avoiding to be touched by someone with a sickness and that sent Seokjin stopping in his tracks.

"Don't, hyung. Please." he whispered.

They were like that for a while, silence hanging like a veil between them. Taehyung was staring at the floor, throat hurting from the urge to call his name. But then Seokjin started to move towards him so fast Taehyung didn't have a chance to get away. Arms wrapped around him and warmth enveloped his whole being.

No, no, no, no.

He stood there while Seokjin hugged him tightly, his nose on the crook of Taehyung's neck, breathing him in. He trembled lightly from the sensation, his hands gripping the hem of his shirt that he thought he'd tear them. "Taehyung." Seokjin mumbled.

"Hyung--" he started but then Seokjin shifted until their faces were inches away, then pressed his lips softly into him.

There was a small cry that escaped in his throat when he tasted him. Of honey and spring, of warmth and a sense of belonging. Tears started to fall in his closed eyes as he responded to the kiss, his hands now wrapped at Seokjin's neck. His fingers treaded lightly to the soft, longer hair, body pressed in the other's.

Never again he had ever expected to be able to kiss him, to be this near him, to be standing in the middle of the kitchen with their arms wrapped around each other. Most of his life were just pain but with Seokjin, with Seokjin it was all fading away, just like a mist retreating as the sun started to rise.

They both pulled away after a while and Taehyung could hear them catching their breathes. As if afraid the other would be gone if they let go, and so, they didn't. They looked into each other's eyes and there mirrored the same feelings he have right now. Is it alright to hope for more?

A small puff of cold air escaped Seokjin's lips. "After you left, it was never the same again. I still work and come home with her, but I knew there was something that changed. More often, my mind would wander on the thought of you and then I have to pull myself from that and my heart was filled with shame. I wanted to see you but I know I shouldn't because it feels wrong that time. I have her, and despite me not remembering a lot about you, it seems my heart did." Seokjin said, his hands trailing the length of Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung didn't shy away from the touch but he also didn't go closer to Seokjin. There was something like a barrier he had set, and he doesn't have the will to cross that. Hope is a dangerous thing to have.

Seokjin continued. "I didn't want to leave her, I love her, I know, but it isn't the kind of love I should have for her. I should love her as someone I've been wanting to spend the rest of my life with and yet... I can't. I've mistaken it from gratitude for saving my life. With the strength I can manage, I told her what I felt. And she told me with forgiving and sad eyes that it's alright and let me go."

"I've hurt her and I felt so horrible. She was a good person and only a fool would do what I did. But despite it all... it's still you that I wanted. I searched town after town. I had no idea where you went, and I thought I'd never see you again. And do you know what led me to you?" Seokjin grabbed his hands and pressed it into his chest. There was a noticeable warmth in the middle. "This."

Taehyung looked at him, vulnerable. His eyes started to water again and he bit his lower lip to keep himself from crying. Taehyung's knees felt weak and Seokjin had to pull his waist tighter so he won't fall. His hands grabbed the other's shirt and clung to him, the warmth of the necklace pressed between them.

The necklace.

Warm and pulsing and alive.

The one that leads you to the person your heart yearn the most.

"Hyung," he called, like a prayer. "Seokjin hyung..."

Seokjin kissed his temple, on his eyes that were still crying. "I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm here now. I'm back to you."

Taehyung nodded, a smile appearing in his lips. There were a lot of things he wished had never happened, things he hoped was never real, things he could bring back again.

But Seokjin being here now at his side was the greatest thing that could have happened to his life despite all the tragedies and pain he had been through. He won't ask for more. He just wanted him, forever and always.

"I love you." Seokjin whispered, eyes shining in affection.

Taehyung touched his face lightly, trying to memorize the feeling of his skin beneath his fingers. "And I love you, too."

Forever and always.

 

 

 

 

--END--

 

 

 

 

hallloooooo! i hope you liked this one! i'm really glad i was able to finish this and you are there until the last chapter. i appreciate u a lot! thank you!

 

 

you can talk to me on twitter! @JINBYU thank uuuu mwah mwah