New Life

Always Come Back To You

 

 

oh boi i'm back sorry it took so long

 

 

A sigh passed Taehyung's lips as he opens his eyes then closed it again when the blinding sunlight peeks between the curtains of his window. Stretching his stiff muscles, he stood up and groans as he realized he had slept at the kitchen table while writing in his journal. Again.

I shouldn't be lonely...

His eyes wandered on the last sentence he wrote, tracing the words like a prayer.

Two months after leaving the town, he wandered aimlessly, holding himself together as he rode his horse away. He didn't look back, afraid that he'll regret what he did and be selfish enough to ask the older man to love him again. But he can't. And he won't. Because Seokjin is safe and happy there, a life he wish for him to have. And being with Taehyung is also taking those away from him.

Like a curse.

His heart throb at those words. It's always in the back of his mind, clawing until it resurface and eat his whole being. His mother died, and Seokjin almost did. It was better to cut any relationship and live away from all of those.

And so here he is, at the forest, beside a lake stretching far beyond his eyes could reach. It's quite a walk from the town, but at least he doesn't need to see people too much. He had also build his home there. It was a hard labor, he was mostly alone working but thankfully, some of the townsfolk were nice enough to help in exchange of fruits and plants. He also traded the medicine he made to the materials he needed. His house was small, consisting of a small living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and a patio. At the side, he'd grow plants, and sometimes, he would go hunting at the forest. So far, his life has been good and quiet. There were no conflicts with the people he had met, none that recognized him. Though he had already met eyes with suspicion. Of course, why would there be anyone who'd want to live away and exclusive from everyone?

"A freak like me." He muttered.

The corner of his lips turned up in mock of himself. Of course. That's enough reason.

He started cooking his breakfast, and made himself a mug of coffee. The smell waft through the whole house and he smiled delightedly. He may be alone, but being alone has its own kind of happiness to offer. He sat down and ate silently while glancing to the books on the corner. Those were also some of the things he had traded, knowing he'd probably seem to die of boredom than a stake in the heart.

But before that, he have to tend to his plants, it was a delicate time for them for the winter's almost there. The cold breeze of the morning were sifting through his two bundled clothes and that's still not enough. He also had to clean the house, and fill his stocks to prepare for the coming season.

His days came by like that, even until winter came, quite and peaceful, but he guess, peaceful is not really for him.

It was a night after he had went down to the town. His eyes fluttered open as he heard a loud sound outside, specifically, his patio. It's an hour past midnight and there would be no soul to come out that time, if he also had to point that he was living in the forest.

Excluding those people who had burned their house.

His head swam in panic, wondering if there had ever someone who recognized the witch's son, and had came to look for him and burn his house and--

"Stop it." He hissed.

Painful and dark memories started to rush in and the earlier panic was coming in force. He tried so hard catching breathes, even if the cold wind almost burned his lungs. His heart was ramming in his chest and he could only pull the sheets closer to him as he struggled to hear more from outside.

Nothing.

Probably nothing. He tried to drill that in his mind but uneasiness and worry are hard to ignore. Despite the trembling of his legs, he got out of bed and carefully treaded the house towards the door. He didn't bother getting anything to protect himself, he could do something more terrible to the other. And yet, the dread he felt didn't even subside a little.

With the small cracks of the door, he tried to peek outside to see if there was anyone. But the darkness only stared back at him. It generally lessens the onslaughts of bad memories, of torches and knives. But then, something caught his eye. There was a white patch at the floor of his patio, in contrast of everything outside.

An animal? He thought.

But that shouldn't be, since it's winter. They were probably in hibernation or hidden away from the unforgiving coldness.

He gulped nervously as he removed the locks he put and with his trembling hands, he pulled the door open, bit by bit. His eyes immediately darted on the floor. The white patch was a human, covered in snow despite the thick clothes for protection. He immediately stepped and crouched at the body, his apprehension gone and only worry for the safety of the stranger. His fingers went to his neck to check for a pulse and then let out a relieved sigh, knowing that he's still alive. Taehyung grabbed the man's shoulder so he could slung it around him and bring him inside when he had gotten a more good look on the stranger's face.

His throat went dry when he realized this was the man he would never saw again for the second time.

"Seokjin." He breathed.

 

 

 

 

 

i'll post the last chapter later!! ;)