Lost and Found

Always Come Back To You

 

 

 

“The world waits for no one.” He heard a voice at the back of his head, a phrase his mother used to tell him when he was younger and crying so hard when he found an almost dying canary. “No matter how much pain, and wars and sadness it witnesses to every second of its life, it goes and continues to do its duty, to make sure that all the living things will have another day to hope, to move, to love.” Her eyes were shining with care and love, so full of wisdom and understanding. She closed her hands on it and smiled softly, Taehyung marveling at how its little wings started to move.

Be a world of your own, my love.”

His eyes stings a little from that fond memory of his late mother. It had been a very painful loss, and now…

Taehyung breathes deeply and continued walking so he wouldn’t ponder that much on that thought for he had to travel his way into the next town, getting far away as he could to leave terrible memories behind. It had already been 2 days since he was again treading the road, stopping only to buy more food and water for him and his horse or to get a rest before continuing. His heart almost leaped when he saw a smoke in the far distance, until a town is in view. If he was lucky that the people here are seemlier than the last town he’d been, he may settle here… hoping there is no one who knows him.

It was only a small town, but the buildings and people are impressive, looking like it’s been doing well despite the drought that came just a month ago. The merchants at the sides of the roads were happily calling for the customers, and there were actually a lot of ladies and gentlemen interested on buying. Everywhere is thriving with activities. And now, he just have to find a place to stay.

After a flurry of questions and directions, Taehyung ended in a decent lodge just at the corner of the town. After making sure that his horse is settled, he dropped all his things at the floor and plopped on the bed. He grunted at the comfort it gave after so many days of traveling. His lower back is aching and his arms were stiff but he ignored them as he fought another wave of nausea and memories. It had been months since that day.

But the pain never faded a bit.

Hyung…

He breathe deeply and stood up, grabbing only a small bag with his pen and journal, determined to make himself busy. He went outside and tried to familiarize himself at the town.

Or try to push down the memories of that night.

He ignored that thought.

Afternoon came and despite being exhausted, he continued to walk around, wandering aimlessly. Just anywhere his feet would take him really. He doesn’t care that much because the place was only small and there hadn’t seem to be dark corners or dangerous places. Well, he don’t know for sure, especially when the night hasn’t even fallen. He came across on what it seems a small brasserie, and a waft of garlic and spices reached his nose and his stomach grumbles. He realized he haven’t eaten since morning. Reluctantly, he went inside.

The place was nice, a little tweak of pastel colors in contrast of the auburn walls creating a warm ambience. The wooden stools and tables were comfortable to be seated and there are flowers and plants almost everywhere, just enough to make the place relaxing. A lot of people were inside that he was surprised that he even had a chance to take a seat for himself. His eyes roamed around to request for food, huffing tiredly when it fixed to a guy with his back on him. Eyes squinting and evading other people who blocks his view. There is nothing really special there but it was like he was entranced to stare and know who that could possibly be.

It was later that he realized his hands were sweating and there’s a warm glow in the dip of his neck. Pulling the necklace from the inside of his shirt, he felt it pulsing and tugging at him just like it had been months before. His heart started to ram inside his chest, making it almost hard to breathe.

”Impossible.” He murmured under his breathe.

He saw him with his own eyes when he was stabbed and fell on the water. He saw him die. He grieved and cried for him. This can’t be happening.

Taehyung’s mind were full of rejection and fear and doubt but there is hope, that somehow, he’s really this man, alive and actually standing not far from him. He struggled to stand up and call for him just to satiate his longing but he cannot even whisper any words. And then the guy turned and their eyes met. Dark brown met deep black.

This has to be a dream.

“Seokjin?”