Goodbye

Always Come Back To You

 

 

 

 

Taehyung stared mindlessly on the ceiling of his room, their conversation earlier echoing in his mind repeatedly.

“I actually found my love here.”

He closed his eyes and suddenly, he was having a hard time breathing. He grabbed a fistful of the sheets while he tried to calm down and stop himself from crying again. He was so tired of all of this. For almost all of his life, he only experienced pain and loss. When will he have a chance to be happy?

The stupid grin in his face suddenly faded. “Love?”

Seokjin nodded and Taehyung was thankful that he wasn’t looking at him for he was afraid he’ll see the hurt and betrayal he felt. It was supposed to be the two of them only. That was what they had promised years ago.

“She was kind and patient at me. She was the one who had found me at the banks of the river, bloody and almost lifeless. I am so thankful she did. If not for her, well… I wouldn’t be here now, would I?” A genuine smile appeared in Seokjin’s lips and he was beaming with happiness. When was the last time Taehyung had actually made him smile like that?

Perhaps, he never really did.

Reality hits Taehyung, that this is the present now, that he was alone and miserable and Seokjin can actually find his own happily ever after. He should be happy… he should be happy for him but all he felt is pain.

Because Seokjin would never come back to him.

 

 

 

The world moves and the morning came.

It waits for no one.

So Taehyung went to the diner again and looked for Seokjin. He was convincing himself that what he is doing is right and this is actually for the better even if his whole being is protesting from it. He was hardly convincing himself at all. After a while, a smiling Seokjin came to him.

“Are you going to eat here again?”

He let out a sigh of relief when Seokjin seems to be okay after what he had known. Despite learning how their lives went, a smile never leaves his face.

Taehyung just wished he was the same.

Shifting in his seat to properly face him, his hands went to the back of his neck to remove the necklace and place it in Seokjin’s hands. Questioning eyes met his.

“I have never said this last night, and I wasn’t really planning on telling you so soon… but I think you should know.” He whispered quietly just enough for them to hear each other. He looked down from that gaze, because he do not want Seokjin to know how much this hurts him. He was the only person Taehyung had loved.

And ever will.

Taehyung smiles a little as his eyes darted again to the necklace, once a proof of yesterday’s promise. “This was actually your mother’s. You said that she passed it to you, that it will recognize the person your heart yearn the most. Eventually, you gave it to me on the day when you said you love me.”

Seokjin’s eyes grew a bit as he stared back at him. Confusion, hurt and doubt danced around in his dark eyes, and a flick of affection that he might have mistaken through the lights. Taehyung gripped his hand tighter. “I love you, please know that. I still do. But it doesn’t seem right for me to wear that anymore. You now have her and you have a chance to be happy with her. You deserve that.” His voice trailed as he withdraw the warmth of his hands, as he tried to say goodbye. It was time for the both of them to move on their own ways. It was time to let go. Seokjin is alive and happy and that is the most important thing for him. “I’m going to leave town. I’ll find somewhere I could settle down quietly. I’ll be okay on my own, I promise.”

He stood up and wiped the tears that are threatening to fall. He does not have to weep before he says his farewells when it means knew beginnings. Their separation wasn’t that bad at all.

Taehyung stared at Seokjin’s face, memorizing each features that he had loved for so many years. The curve of his lips and those eyes that were crying, too. “Goodbye, hyung.”

 

I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll post the last chapter maybe next... week? gya save me