fifth

My Territory

a/n: I do feel guilty about the kitchen, the sacred place to cook is now tainted. I am so so so sorry guys. And the back story about Gyeomie and Haohao that some of you are curious about. Please don’t hate me after this please.

 

----

 

To be very honest, sleeping on the cold kitchen counter wasn’t a very good idea and Mingyu was feeling guilty for staining such sacred item with the acts that they just did. But when he saw the omega marked with his animal spirit, he momentarily forgot the guilt, in favour of looking at the beautiful omega lying on his chest. Mingyu ran a hand on Junhui’s hair and the omega stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

 

“I would really like to enjoy this moment but this is uncomfortable.” Mingyu said and Junhui nodded with a sigh.

 

“Yeah. I agree.”  Junhui groaned as he tried to move away from Mingyu while the alpha tried to gracefully going down the counter but unfortunately his clumsiness took oer and he fell loudly. “Oh My god are you okay?” Junhui asked and Mingyu groaned but nodded.

 

“we need to get out of here.” Mingyu replied.

 

“Gyu?” The voice was faint and Mingyu perked up hearing Minghao from the other side of the door. “Are you okay? I heard a loud crash.” Minghao said and Junhui laughed.

 

“He’s okay Hao, but can you be an angel and bring us some clean robes?” Junhui shouted and they heard an okay before it went quiet.

 

“Has your heat subsided?” Mingyu asked.

 

“Pacified, it will take 2 more days to wear off.” Junhui said and Mingyu kissed him on the lips.

 

“We need to talk.” Mingyu said after they broke off and Junhui nodded.

 

“Of course.” Junhui replied, kissing back passionately until they heard a knock and a soft voice.

 

“Junhui ge?” Minghao asked and this time it was Mingyu who answered. “Oh I brought the robes.” He said and Mingyu gave Junhui a look to silently keep the older in place, seated on the counter while he walked to the door to get the items.

 

Mingyu opened the door slightly and Minghao the articles to Mingyu and closed the door, mumbling a soft I will be waiting. Mingyu understood and he walked back to Junhui who was dangling his legs as he waited for Mingyu. Mingyu handed him the robe and Junhui took the offered clothing and dressed himself. He then went down the counter and grimaced as he felt his back hurt.

 

“Sorry.” Mingyu apologized as soon as he saw the pained expression of Junhui.

 

“I’m okay.” Junhui replied and pointed to the clothes.

 

Mingyu quickly took them and led Junhui to the door. When they opened it, Minghao was waiting, his back flushed on the opposite wall and eyes looking at the ground.

 

“Sorry.” Mingyu apologized but Minghao shook his head.

 

“I am happy for you Gyu; Junhui ge is my preferred mate for you to be honest.” Minghao smiled at them. “I know you two need to rest, let me handle cleaning.”  Minghao said and Mingyu understood what it meant, he knew his childhood friend like the back of his hand.

 

“Don’t strain yourself.” Mingyu said and left him as he guide Junhui back to his room.

 

  Junhui sat on his bed and played with the hem oh his robe when Mingyu approached him and cupped his cheek.

 

“Tell me what’s bothering you.” Mingyu said softly.

 

Junhui bit his lip before looking at Mingyu, eyes scanning the face of the alpha for any sign of doubts. “Minghao.” Junhui replied and Mingyu grinned.

 

“I know right.” Mingyu smiled and kissed Junhui. “Like I said before, we are just friends and Minghao has his secrets that I ony know. And that alone is something that binds us like brothers.” Mingyu explained.

 

“But you are in no position to tell.” Junhui said and Mingyu nodded.

 

“Minghao likes to read when he wants to be alone, and he likes to clean to clear his mind.” Mingyu informed Junhui who smiled.

 

“I guess this is the second case.” Junhui replied making Mingyu nodded. “About us Mingyu.” Junhui started and Mingyu perked up at his name. “This…” Junhui was unsure of where to start.

 

“It’s not love is it?” Mingyu said and Junhui looked at his alpha. “I know we don’t love each other.” Mingyu took both hands and kissed the. “At least not yet but I know that I like you a lot.” Mingyu confessed and Junhui smiled.

 

“That at least is a good starting point.” Junhui replied and they both laughed. “Let’s take a shower and rest.” Junhui suggested and Mingyu immediately stood and scooped Junhui like a bride. “Put me down, I am not disabled!” Junhui wailed but mingyu just grinned. “I just hope you won’t trip on thin air.” Junhui whined making Mingyu laugh.

 

 

---

 

Minghao has a lot to think about, maybe just two: Yugyeom and Wonwoo.

 

He took the disinfectant and rags from the broom closet before trudging a pail to clean the tainted counter top. He looked at the poor eggs and bacon and grimaced at how the food would be wasted, there was no telling if the activities that occurred here contaminated them or not; it’s better to dispose them than causing stomach ache.

 

He then took the rag and put some soap before he scrobbed the counter top hard, erasing whatever left of the activity that occurred here. He concentrated on his work, too pre occupied to even hear the patter of feet until he heard the sound of wringing, He looked up and frowned to see one of the persons he was trying to get off his mind.

 

“Minghao.” Yugyeom called and Minghao sighed, he could no longer hide.

 

 

----

 

Minghao grew up in a household that had strict upbringing and that led to a whole lot of problems growing up.

 

Cho Kyuhyun was next in line to be the pack alpha and his lineage was proud of the alphas that they raised. Kyuhyun mated with Sungmin, an omega whose lineage was as proud as Kyuhyun’s heritage was. The two were mated politically but they fell in love with each other along the way, making the marriage blissful. But Sungmin wasn’t bearing any children for Kyuhyun and that bothered the pack who did not want their future leader childless. The pressure put a toll on Sungmin that he decided himself, that Kyuhyun indeed needed a consort; a secondary omega, a mistress.

 

Kyuhyun did not want to push through with the idea but there were a lot hanging on this pregnancy that he eventually agreed to have a consort, as long as Sungmin get to chose who. The pack elders were pacified with the decision and sought out candidates for Sungmin to choose from. Sungmin was objective about the selection, he was thinking of the pack’s future more than his own feelings that even though it hurts, he still tried to choose the best for Kyuhyun.

 

ZhouMi was an omega from the warrior tribes in China; a unique clan of fighters, even the omegas were taught to fend for themselves rather than keeping them cooped up and defenceless. Zhoumi was a true beauty when he came to the Cho household and Sungmin felt his heart constrict at the person he’ll have to share Kyuhyun with.

 

Kyuhyun fell for Zhoumi at first sight, and the two were at good terms instantly. The pack agreed to have Kyuhyun mark the secondary omega and in less than a few months, Zhoumi was pregnant. It was going smoothly, Zhoumi and Sungmin were civil and Sungmin would visit Zhoumi and talk to him, smiling at the swelling stomach of the omega.

 

But a few weeks after Zhoumi’s pregnancy confirmed, Sungmin collapsed mid afternoon tea and when he was checked, he was confirmed to be pregnant as well. The Cho was in panic state with two pregnant omegas, a legal mate and a mistress, it’s not good for their family’s image.

 

“I will keep both, they are my children and my mates.” Kyuhyun was firm with his decision and Sungmin supported his mate, of course he would not allow Zhoumi and his unborn child to be hurt because he was the reason why they were there in the first place.

 

Zhoumi however felt left out and hated, of course he knew his place as second to Sungmin, but he took it all in just smiled, praying that his child could be shielded from the negativity. He then decided that he’ll leave, as soon as he’s sure his child would be in safe hands, he’ll leave for everyone’s sake.

 

It was a chilly November morning when Zhoumi delivered his son, a beautiful child whose name represented the grandeur. Minghao was his love and he vowed to protect him as much as he could. Sungmin delivered Yugyeom ten day later and two bundles of joy made Kyuhyun’s heart clench with happiness.

 

“How’s Minghao doing?” Kyuhyun asked as Zhoumi laid the sleeping baby down his crib.

 

“He’s okay.” Zhoumi’s repy was curt and short and it breaks Kyuhyun’s heart to have the omega physically near but emotionally closed off.

 

“I will visit him more often.” Kyuhyun said, a finger gently the baby’s cheek.

 

“You don’t need to. Sungmin need you more than we do, he had a difficult delivery.” Zhoumi said with a bright smile and that hurts Kyuhyun more because he knew Zhoumi’s defense mechanism was to smile wven if it hurts.

 

“Mi, I know that this is a difficult situation but we can get through this.” Kyuhyun tried so hard to reach out to his other mate.

 

“We both know that it’s a farfetched dream Guaixian. I just want Minghao to be safe.” Zhoumi patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder before returning to his bed to rest.

 

Minghao and Yugyeom grew up as true brothers, playing with each other and teasing each other, but Zhoumi knew Yugyeom was always favored by the clan with the treatment the kids received. Minghao was never the type to ask for things but Zhoumi felt like his son was never even recognized judging by the attention and material things the older gets.

 

 

Minghao was practicing his writing in preparation for pre-school when Yugyeom came running to his room to play with him. Yugyeom brought his car toys with him and the two played to their hearts’content.

 

“Haohao!” Yugyeom called out, smiling wide showing his older brother his milk teeth.

 

“Neh Gyeomie?” Minghao asked.

 

“I’ll give you one of my cars!” Yugyeom announced and handed the older the red ferrarri replica and Minghao’s eyes were as wide as saucers as he accepted the gift.

 

 

But the act would lead to one of the elders spanking little Minghao when he found out that the limited edition car that he gifted Yugyeom was missing and he accused the child as a thief. Zhoumi was furious as he saw Minghao’s red cheek and the elder berating the child like he was a criminal. He rushed to his son and picked up the child before storming to his room and packing their belongings.  Kyuhyun tried to stop the the mate but Zhoumi had decided to do this now than later.

 

“It is clear that Minghao is unwanted. I can’t leave him here only to be mistreated. I am doing this to protect your family and my son, so please let me.” Zhoumi had argued and so with a heavy heart, Kyuhyun let his mate and son go.

 

Minghao was alone in a small house by the edge of a small town and he missed his brother, but his cheek was still swollen and it still hurts. Zhoumi had come to give him a cake, it was his birthday after all and Minghao looked at his father and cried. “Don’t they like me?” Little Minghao asked and Zhoumi could only tell his son white lies.

 

There was a knock down stairs and Zhoumi took his son and they both opened the door to reveal an omega male and a toddler holding out cookies and some kimchi.  “Hello, I’m Sungyeol and this is my son Mingyu. We live next doors we thought we’d welcome you to the neighbourhood.” Sungyeol said and the boy waved his hand as he smiled wide, showing a perfect set of teeth.

 

 

“Oh, I’m Zhoumi and this is my son Minghao, please come in.” Zhoumi allowed the two neighbors to enter. “It’s Minghao’s birthday today, we don’t know anyone but it would be great if you could celebrate with him.” Zhoumi said and Sungyeolwas more than happy to give time to the kid.

 

“Happy Birthday!!!” Mingyu squealed then tripped on the rug, and for once, Minghao laughed freely.

 

Mingyu and Minghao were double trouble when they entered pre-school but it also solidified their friendship. They were best friends and every secret they shared were kept between them. When they were both eleven, Minghao had explained his situation to Mingyu and the friend just hugged him and allowed him to cry fat ugly tears while patting the younger’s back.

 

Before Minghao’s 12th birthday however, they had to separate. It was chilly November afternoon as they walked back from school when they noticed cars parked in front of Minghao’s car. Minghao had a bad feeling about it and when they entered the house, they saw Zhoumi seated on the couch and across them were Sungmin and Yugyeom.

 

“Haohao!” Yugyeom ran to his brother and hugged him but Minghao did not return the embrace. “Hao?” Yugyeom asked, hurt painted on his face.

 

“What are you doing here?” Minghao asked.

 

“We came to get you and Uncle Zhoumi.” Yugyeom answered. “We can celebrate our birthdays together and we can play together.” Yugyeom was excited with the prospect of having his brother back after seven years.

 

“I don’t want to.” Minghao replied and pulled Mingyu towards his room then locked his door.

 

“I apologize for my son’s behaviour.” Zhoumi bowed to Sungmin who was surprised.

 

“We came unannounced, I apologize too.” Sungmin answered. “Maybe Minghao needs to think things over, we will return.” Sungmin sighed and gathered Yugyeom and bowed before leaving.

 

Zhoumi and Minghao left for China the next day.

 

Minghao was lonely growing up, and now he was even lonelier back in his father’s homeland with no one to talk to. Zhoumi was kind enough to introduce him to the culture, and meeting his father’s tribe, Minghao immersed himself in training and books. Books had been his only friend in this dark and cruel world, because when he read, he had formed an imaginary place he could dwell in for a short time. Where he exists as Minghao and not as the bastard child, just Minghao with no status to thnk of.

 

 

Minghao then presented as an omega but instead of being looked down on, his father celebrated his gender. “There is nothing to be ashamed of Minghao. Being an omega will not make you less of a human.” Zhoumi reminded his child and Minghao swore to keep his head above waters and bow down to no alpha; he will be as strong as his father.

 

----

 

“Minghao.” Yugyeom’s voice cracked and when Minghao looked at his brother, the alpha was crying. “I really missed you.” Yugyeom said softly. “I am sorry. I shouldn’t have been so weak before, I couldn’t even stand up for you.” Yugyeom said but Minghao only sighed.

 

“The past is way beyond us. I have forgiven you long before but what we are, we can never be a family.” Minghao sure was blunt but it is better to give the blow right now than prolong the agony.

 

“Yes we can!” Yugyeom shouted.

 

“No.” Minghao retorted. “We can’t” Minghao emphasized. “You and I may share the same blood but our worlds are leagues different. I am but a trash…” Minghao was cut off by Yugyeom’s words.

 

“No, you are not trash. Minghao, you are an amazing person.” Yugyeom defended his case.

 

“You are being biased. Your emotions have clouded your judgment.” Minghao replied.

 

“Am not. Minghao, don’t you see your worth?” Yugyeom asked and Minghao turned his back to the alpha.

 

“I see it alright. A trash is still a trash despite the jewels they try to adorn.” Minghao replied and Yugyeom could only cry for his brother.

 

“You are not a trash Minghao.” Yugyeom bit his lip and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Minghao to continue his cleaning, face blank with expression but his eyes were shedding silent tears.

 

----

 

Wonwoo groaned as his rut finally ended two days after its onset. He opened the windows to let air inside the library and grimaced at the sight of of his favourite couch and rug stained with whatever fluids he released the past days he was in a rut.

 

Jisoo unlocked the door with a master key and Wonwoo was glad that his brother had brought some clean robes and food for him.

 

“You okay Wonwoo?” Jiwoo asked and the younger nodded once. “Junhui’s mated” Jisoo informed him and Wonwoo groaned.

 

“ he could have waited.” Wonwoo cursed but took the bagel and bit it like a wild animal making Jisoo chuckle. “With whom?” Wonwoo finally asked after swallowing the chewed bread.

 

“Mingyu.” Jisoo informed him.

 

“Mingyu? That clutz?” Wonwoo asked, face full of disgust.

 

“He’s a good kid and I am sure he could give Junhui the attention he needed.” Jisoo smiled at Wonwoo. “You don’t need to be over protective of him and instead take care of yourself.” Jisoo pointed to the younger. “You need to find a mate soon as well. Your ruts have been unpredictable.” Jisoo said and Wonwoo nodded, this was not a light matter.

 

“I’m gonna look into the files don’t worry.” Wonwoo said but Jisoo had a knowing smile.

 

“maybe you had found your mate already unknowingly.” Jisoo said then left the room to a puzzled Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo walked towards his room to clean up, passing by the kitchen to see a Minghao scrubbing hard on the marble countertop. He raised a brow but his exhausted body was calling for a proper bed so he walked past the kitchen and towards his room to take a shower and pass out on the comfortable mattress.

 

When Wonwoo woke up a couple of hours later, he did check out the profiles sent to him. Decent omegas and betas were already shortlisted by his parents and he snorted how meticulous Siwon was with his choices, judging by how the backgrounds were a little too manicured while heechul’s choices were more of an attitude and personality based; how contrasting his parents could get. But what really caught his attention was a sole profile chosen by Hangeng with a note.

 

Wonwoo, I know that I don’t have a say with your mating but consider this kid. He is a pretty good child and I know his parents. He can be rough on the edges but I know that he can take care of you.

 

Lo and behold, it was Minghao’s profile.

 

----

Seungcheol was glaring at both Mingyu and Junhui as the newly mated couple sat in front of the three elder. Jisoo was rubbing his teples while Jeonghan was drilling holes into Mingyu.

 

“The kitchen?! Out of all the places you have to choose, it has to be the kitchen!” Seungcheol was the first to speak.

 

“You are mad because we used the kitchen hyung?” Mingyu was confused, he could have sworn they were angry at him for defiling Junhui.

 

“Yes! It’s were Junhui cooks, it is were we get our food. And Chan almost saw you two .” Jeonghan added.

 

“Oh I saw them, it scarred me.” Seungcheol added.

 

“I am sorry but isn’t that shallow?” mingyu asked and he received death glares from Jeonghan and Seungcheol making him shrink.

 

“Okay, we’re sorry okay. I was caught by my heat and it happened in the kitchen.” Junhui exploded. “it’s been done and I will sanitize the place, remodel if I have to.” Junhui answered.

 

“It’s okay Junhui, these two are being dramatic.” Jisoo answered with a smile. “I am really just happy that you found your mate, albeit a bit unconventional.” Jisoo added.

 

“Really hyung, you’re not mad that I mated with Junhui hyung?” Mingyu asked like an ecited puppy.

 

“Yes. Of course I am not mad at you. But if there is one personyou need to talk to, it should be Wonwoo.” Jisoo smirked.

 

“Make that two, you need to talk to Minghao too.” Seungcheol added.

 

“Oh my god I am not going to live this down.” Mingyu groaned.

 

“We’ll handle talking to our parents and inform yours.” Jeonghan said and Mingyu nodded.

 

“I’ll be handling my parents, you may get a heart attack talking to them.” Mingyu said and with that the two left the office.

 

“You just have to be drama queens.” Jisoo sighed making Seungcheol pout. “Come here.” Jisoo gestured and Seungcheol sat on the alpha’s lap. “You’re cute when you get all worked up.” Jisoo cooed and Seungcheol could have hit the alpha but instead he got flustered and ducked his head into Jisoo’s shoulder making Jeonghan laugh.

 

“Why am I not included in this huh?” Jeonghan asked and Seungcheol opened one arm for Jeonghan to shuggle up to, the omega instantly wrapping an arm around the alpha’s waist.

 

 

The moment lasted for a couple of minutes until they heard a knock and soon Jaebum and Jinyoung entered the office to talk about some serious business.

 

“We really ant to thank you for your aide.” Jisoo said and Jaebum nodded.

 

“It’s the least we can do at a time like this.” Jaebum replied.

 

“We can offer the same assistance should you need to.” Jeonghan added.


“I propose something different.” Jaebum said and took out a draft plan from his pocket. “Hyunwoo of the X-clan and I had been in talk about this for a long time. Our omega, Youngjae is mated to one of their alphas and that had given us some sort of alliance.” Jaebum said.

 

“Are you asking us to have one of our members mate with yours?” Seungcheol asked but Jaebum shook his head.

 

“No, all of our members and X-clan are mated. But we can form a trifecta, an alliance built in contract to help in these cases. We are all packs that respect our territories so I see no ill intention if this would be established.” Jaebum said and Jisoo nodded.

 

“I do see the benefit in this alliance. As we know your territories are just past our borders and X-clan too, this trifecta can help us strengthen the security while opening trade and commerce. This is win-win.” Jisoo said.

 

“But at what cost? If X-clan and Ahgase has mated their members to solidify their alliances, what must we do then?” Jeonghan raised the question.

 

“A blood pact, primitive but it works the best in these kinds of contract.” Jinyoung offered and Seungcheol eyed the omega before nodding.

 

“He is right.” Seungcheol agreed and Jiwoo had to agree too.

 

“Full moon in a week, we should arrange for a neutral groud for this.” Jisoo said and Jaebum nodded.

 

The alpha stood and walked to Jisoo the extended his hand. Jisoo did the same and before Jeonghan shook the alpha’s hand. “You have chosen your omega well.” Jeonghan said making Jaebum grin.

 

“I did have i? and I see yours is the same. You are newly mated so we will not be a bother.” Jaebum said and Jinyoung stood next to his mate to bid their goodbye.

 

“Stay for one more night, the kitchen is already cleaned up and I am sure Junhui and Mingyu would want to treat everyone.” Seungcheol said and both Jaebum and Jinyoung smiled.

 

“Ah, I am looking forward to that.” Jinyoung chuckled and they left the office to inform their pack of the plans.

 

 

----

Junhui looked at his mate with a smile on his face. Migyu was struggling with his hair and was frustrated so Junhui took the comb and styled his hair instead. “Why are you that nervous? We are just cleaning the kitchen and cooking.” Junhui said and Mingyu sighed.

 

“I have to face your twin brother and he looks scary and probably hates me.” Mingyu whined.

 

“Wonwoo isn’t scary.” Junhui chuckled. “He’ll have to get past me to hurt you.” Junhui added.

 

“I don’t want you two fighting.” Mingyu pouted and Junhui kissed it away.

 

“May I remind you who the alpha is in this relationship.’ Junhui said with a riasied brow and Mingyu grinned.

 

The two went to the kitchen hand in hand and was met with a furiously scrubbing Minghao. Mingyu let go of Junhui’s hands and ran to his friend and held him tight. Minghao squeaked, ready to hit Mingyu but hugged the friend tightly. Junhui looked at the two with a smile on his face. He may never knew what the secret has the other omega has but he knew deep down, Minghao is a good friend. He may be a bit jealous of this friendship but at the end of the day, Mingyu is his mate and no one can change that.

 

“You cheater!” they heard a scream and Mingyu immediately hid behind Minghao who went into a wushu stan.

 

“Wonwoo.” Junhui sighed and pulled the brother to his side.

 

“HE IS CHEATING!!” Wonwoo whined.

 

“No he is not. I am right here oka, I am not even complaining and shut up, he’s your brother-in-law whether you like it or not.” Junhui reprimanded the younger twin.

 

“I will not accept.” Wonwoo puffed his cheeks. “Look at him, he is cheating on you already.” Wonwoo pointed.

 

“I am not cheating on Junhui hyung!” Mingyu squeaked making Minghao sigh.

 

“I just cleaned up this kitchen, I don’t want bood spilled here.” Minghao threw the towel to the sink and walked passed Wonwoo and Junhui. “Cook my favourite, I am seriously in need of nourishment.” Minghao shouted to Mingyu who saluted.

 

“Please stay Hao.” Junhui offered a smile. “I want to talk to you.” Junhui used Chinese and Minghao eyed him and the confused face of his bestfriend. “Wonwoo is not fluent.” Junhui added and Minghao nodded and took a seat by the bar as Mingyu started taking out the items from the fridge.

 

What is it that you want to talk about?” Minghao asked and Junhui pointed to Wonwoo to sit down as well.

 

I would like to apologize for taking your best friend away.” Junhui said but Minghao dismissed him.

 

Like I said, I really like you for him. He’s a clut but he is a very huge softy.”  Junhui snorted. “Please spare me the gore of mating.” Mignhao rolled his eyes.

 

Sorry and thank you for accepting us. We ae not yet in love with each other but I am sure it will get there, I am really fond of him.” Junhui said just as he saved Mingyu from tripping and hitting his head on the kitchen hood.

 

You two are perfect.” Minghao snorted as Mingyu grinned and thank his mate.

 

“Can you be anymore accident prone?” Wonwoo glared at Mingyu who flinched.

 

“Wonwoo, be kind or you won’t be eating dinner not even ramyun.” Junhui said and turned to Minghao. “I hope you can tolerate my brother too; he’s really protective of me.” Junhui said.

 

Why are you telling me that?” Minghao asked.

 

Because you are Mingyu’s bestfriend and you’ll be around him more often. And me well Wonwoo’s a plus one.”Junhui chuckled amd Minghao laughed.

 

I can totally enjoy Wonwoo hyung making Mingyu’s life a living hell.” Minghao grinned and Junhui laughed but was pretty scared at how Mingyu’s life would end up with a teasing best friend and an over protective twin brother.

 

“You two are scheming.” Mingyu pouted but Junhui kissed his mate.

 

“Ewww!” Minghao whined, throwing the nearest thing he could grab (a lemon from the fruit tray) towards his friend, but Junhui caught it expertly before it his Mingyu’s head.

 

“Perfect aim Minghao.” Junhui grinned and took the lemon to make lemonade.

 

“Nice catch.” Minghao replied.

 

“Are you sure you’re his bestfriend?” Wonwoo turned to Minghao and the omega raised a brow.

 

“We are but that doesn’t mean I have to all mushy on him.” Minghao answered.

 

“You two are perfect together, you torment my life and you both hate me.” Mingyu whined while he chopped some vegetables making Wonwoo and Minghaoo looked away from each other, faint blush painting their cheeks.

 

“Aw, my puppy is whining!” Junhui cooed and Mingyu blshed.

 

‘I am a wolf though.” Mingyu said, grinning.

 

“Yes I don’t need a reminder how you are a perfect predator Gyu.” Junhui winked and both Wonwoo and Minghao gag.

 

“You two are hopeless.” Wonwoo groaned but Junhui just pet his twin’s hair and gave him lemonade.

 

“wait till you get a mate.” Junhui winked at him then returned to cooking next to Mingyu.

 

“Do you need me here or can I go?” Minghao asked and Mingyu pointed to the ingredients for a salad. “Okay, I can do that.” Minghao walked towards the counter and started preparing the salad.

 

Wonwoo was like a sore thumb in the kitchen where the other three are busy while he was just seated by the bar drinking lemonade like a mob boss. He looked at his twin, being the observant person that he is, and he smiled at how domestic his brother already was. Junhui was naturally affectionate and Mingyu, oh the clumsy alpha reciprocates it well. Truly Junhui found a match with Mingyu.

 

But when Wonwoo looked at Minghao, oh his heart skipped a beat and he remembered the scene at the library a few days back. His mind then drifted to Minghao’s profile and frowned at the details; Hangeng had given him a mystery to crack with the vagueness of the file handed to him.

 

“Who are you Minghao?” Wonwoo muttered to himself, he is definitely interested now.

 

 

The dinner table was filled with people and when Mingyu faced them, he paled and hid behind Junhui who rolled his eyes; Mingyu was inches taller than him.

 

“First off I want to apologize for being reckless.” Junhui started. “It was not right for me to do such indecency in the kitchen.” Junhui said and the atmosphere was thick and awkward.

 

“You did clean the kitchen before you did this right?” Soonyoung asked.

 

‘I cleaned the kitchen. I made sure it’s clean.” Minghao replied.

 

“Well that’s good. Apology accepted.” Soonyoung raised a thumbs up and everyone laughed and chuckled, easing the atmosphere.

 

“I mated with Mingyu, and as you can tell he’s a bit on the soft side.” Junhui said making everyone gasp.

 

“hey, I did you hard.” Mingyu answered and that earned some gasps, chuckles and a piece of dinner roll to Mingyu’s forehead courtesy of jeonghan with a faint that’s for harassing my poor Chan.

 

But aside from that, dinner went well and the room was filled with lively discussion until Jisoo announced that they had decided to make an alliance with Ahgase and X-clan making both packs cheered at the announcement.

 

 

Jaebum bid farewell to Jisoo and Jeonhan and they wer off to return to their pack, and meet with Hyunwoo to arrange the blood pact. But on the way to the meeting place, there was an ambush and Jaebum and his pack was caught off guard. They had radioed Hyunwoo and informed him of the attack, knowing that there were not enough alphas to fight, Minhyuk had made a call to Jeonghan for assistance.

 

It was a distress call and Jeonghan did not take it lightly. Jaebum and his pac had helped them just last week and they are more than willing to help out.

 

“Not you.” Jeonghan pointed to Junhui. “ You just got out of your heat and just mated. And that also pertains to you Mingyu. You are not fighter material.” Jeonghan said making Mingyu deflate.

 

“Wonwoo yu are out of this too.” Jisoo said and Wonwoo just sighed. “We needSeokmin to fight.” Jisoo turned to Jeonghan then t the medic who nodded. “And all capable omegas, yes, Minghao and Chan, you are both coming with us. Jihoon, strategy and Seungkwan, be on alert we might need you. Wonwoo you are in charge.” Jisoo dismissed th pack and they went to get ready and were all boarded on their vehicle in exactly 10 minutes.

 

Jaebum was overwhelmed and he feared for his omega packmates. He knew Jinyoung and Bambam can defend themselves and Jackson can match up to an alpha,but they were outnumbered and they needed to protect their mates. Jackson understood the severity so much that eventhough he preferred to fight next to Mark, he had drag both Jinyoung and Bambam to safety.

 

Hyunwoo, Hoseok and Jooheon came to aide them soonwith Minhyuk and Kihyun who joined the other omegas. Jackson and Minhyuk were both on guard while the other three pulled out their first aid kits from their cars. It was painful to watch as their precious alpha mates fight off rogues but they knew that this was needed if they wanted to end the attacks and prevent innocent people from being hurt.

 

It took a while but finally Carat pack arrived and with strategy provided by  Jihoon, they were all ready to pounce and beat out crap. Jackson was surprised to see Minghao and Chan join the force but he knew the two weren’t mated, thus their chances to be used as bait would be low. Suengcheol was a different case though, because the omega was aborn fighter and his mates were a notch higher in the alpha scale, such mating clearly made them stronger.

 

The rogues kept coming and coming, and the alphas were at loss, Jihoon phoned in Wonwoo to check with Seungkwan if the drug used to on them have been analyzed already. Wonwoo called Seungkwan and the younger checked on the main hospital where they had the samples analyzed. The hospital phoned in and told him that they’ll email the results which they received in just a few minutes.

 

Seungkwan read the results and gasped how can he missed this. He paced around the room before he ran to the file room to retrieve a report on a new drug to aide infertile mates. He handed it to Wonwoo who was eye at him before calling Jihoon.

 

“They found out about the drug the rougues.” Jihoon spoke through his ear piece and all carats nodded as he barked out instructions.

 

It was going smoothly, the three packs had been successful in controlling the rogues but a sudden call for help halted them, it was Bambam.

 

Yugyeom instantly ran to his mate, and his blood ran cold as a drugged alpha had a knife on Bambam’s throat while two more where right beside them, holding weapons as well.

 

“Save yourself Gyeomie.” Bambam shouted but Yugyeom would not allow his mate to die, he can’t lose him.

 

Yugyeom was never the strategist, he acted on impulse and that made him a very easy target. Bambam shrieked, he wanted to help Yugyeom out but two armed alphas were too much for Yugyeom and one of them had effectively stabbed him on the back.

 

“Gyeomie.” Bambam shouted and fell to his knees as the other alpha mocked him and laughed. The drugged apha stepped on Yugyeom’s stomach as the latter groaned in pain.

 

“You ing monster!” Minghao shouted and the three rogues were caught off guard by the omega, wholaunched a drop kick on them. He then fought the three rogues all by himself, punching twice as hard and kicking the hell out of those rogues like they were lifeless punching bag.

 

“Gyeomie. Hang on Gyeomie!” Bambam cried as he pulled the mate’s body towards him. Jaebum finally reached them and was fuming as he saw his maknae blodied and fighting for his life.

 

“Emergency room now.” Seokmin shouted as he reached them and Jihoon did not hesitate to call on the nearest hospital for treatment.

 

 

---

 

“We need blood transfusion but his blood type is rare, he comes from a clan whose prided themselves with pure blood. They only accept blood from direct blood lines, his father, uncle or siblings.” The doctor explained but Jeabum shook his head, Kyuhyun was already informed but he was in China and it will take a day at least for him to return.

 

“I will do it.” Minghao spoke startling everyone and the doctor immediately rushed him to the lab to check for compatibility.

 

Everyone was surprised and confused, if Minghao presented himself as a donor then does that mean he is a direct blood relative? It was a mystery they needed t solve but not a priority.

 

“Hello, put Mingyu on the line now.” Seungcheol barked at the phone and in  few seconds, Mingyu’s voice was cracking.

 

“It’s not a story I should tell.” Mingyu’s response was curt.

 

“Get your down here then.” Seungcheol shouted.

 

“We will, we need to discuss the antidote as well.” It was Wonwoo. “We’re coming, hang in there.” Wonwoo said and the line went dead.

 

 

------

 

a/n: Okay, I know Kyumin vs Qmi has been debated a whole lot in the ELF fandom and not a lot would support QMi as an OTP. I am a Qmi shipper but really liked the dynamics of Kyumimin as an OT3 when Sungmin joined SJM. With that being said, I really wanted to portray the tension in this fic and I had to use Yugyeom and Minghao. I would have used Bambam and Minghao as they are the ‘twins’ in the brood but since I wanted a Korean and Chinese Lineage, Yugyeom and Minghao suited the part. Also, their birthdays were so close to each other that it just fits perfectly with the story.

 

I would like to apologize if the back story was long and dragging but I wanted to deepen Minghao’s character here, and to anchor Wonwoo’s alpha side as well. No for this chapter because I wanted to give wonhao a lot of drama, I never expected to write it that long but I had to deal with it. I know this is a cliff hanger but please hang in there, we will have wonhao eventually.