Five

The Supporting Actor

"I am not wearing that." no way, she protested in her head.

Jinah gave her the begging puppy face for the nth time. She lost count already.

"Pwetyy pwease?"
"No. Shall I go home then?" and that seem to shut Jinah about the dress. 

The dress.

A simple white summer dress. Ya know, the kind that's flowy and breezy. One that particularly came out whenever it was summer. Jinah want her to wear that. She shudder at the idea. What's wrong with her outfit, she wonder as she take a peak of herself over the full size mirror in Jinah bedroom. She came over two hour ago, dressed in comfy jean and plain white tee and Jinah was already picking out oufit and now it is almost half past twelve. But Jinah was far from done.

She didnt complain though as she is used to waiting for Seolhyun getting ready whenever they were going out together before. She was used to waiting for hours. And waiting for Jinah getting ready is actually not that bad. She was entertain with Jinah fluff ball of a cat, appropriately named Fluffy. Minus the occasional time Jinah begging her to change into the summer dress. Despite coming to the later house for the first time, she can say that, surprisingly, she was already at ease. It took her quite a long time to feel at ease at Seolhyun house. Even until now she can still detect the lingering awkwardness in her whenever she went over to Seolhyun, but it could be her own sensitiveness and too much thinking. It's just Jinah house has an alluring charm like herself she concluded.

She could hear Jinah singing something unintelligible inside her bedroom while she was egging Fluffy with a cat treat in Jinah living room.

"I am done. Tada!" she sing-song, emerging from her bedroom.

"Okay. Shall we go then?" she said, walking up toward the exit.
"Hmmph" Jinah harrumph at her lack of respond before proceding to the entrance with her following suit. They leave Jinah apartment when it was around 1.15pm. It's not even evening yet but she was dreading the day to be over already. She hope that the "date" will be a quick one and she could ditch it as soon as possible. 

They arrive at the meeting point 10 minute earlier than promised. A little cafe hidden behind a thick shrub of tall bushes. She notice the entrance of the cafe was a faded white woooden gate that was almost engulf by the ivy shrub growing on it. At first glace, you wouldnt notice the existance of a cafe if you didnt look closely. It was located inside a deserted alley, there were only a few shops that seems like they belong to the 80's and were away from the main street. It was hidden and you are for sure to miss it existance. Nonetheless, she tought it was a nice little cafe once Jinah and her went inside to find themselves a place to sit on and wait for their boyfriends as Jinah stresses on the "S" part. She decide that she didnt hear that last part.

Once the two of them went trough the little gate, they came into a garden and there were a small building, almost overgrown by thick ivy shrub, though definitely well managed comparing to its outer exterior. Half of the building that were not engulf with ivy seems to be made of glasses. She found this cafe a keeper even before she went inside. And decide on the spot to come here again on her own next time.

The taller girl of the two skip inside with joy, said a loud hello to the smiling barista who seems to know her and went straight to what seems like the end of the minimaly decorate cafe. She nodded awkwardly to the barista who was standing at the side of the counter. She did so as he was smiling so invitingly and she feel like it'll be rude of her not to acknowledge the presence of the barista. 

"Here! Here!" Jinah belowed her from her seat. She went ahead and try to sit on the chair beside Jinah but the later block her before she manage to do so. What now? She gave a questioning look.

"Hee..my boyfriend will be seating here," Jinah gloat with a gleeful face.
"You dont mind sitting on the other side do you? Thank you baby," she just nod to the smiling girl and sat on the opposite chair, her back facing the entrance. She took out her smartphone and start fiddling with the silver icicle out of habit. Jinah phone rang and the later pick up. She didnt bother listening to it. The barista that greet them earlier at the front came and put two menu books in front them and leave to the counter after saying he will come back after they have decided. She gave a small nod and take one of the book and start flipping through to see the menu they offer.

Jinah sudden wild movement (she was waving both of her willowy hand) notify her that the people they are waiting have arrive. "Here!" she kind of yell to the newcomers "Hey baby!" a deep voice said followed suit by the sound of chair being scrapped against the floor. "Hi" another voice said, deeper and more husky. She didnt bother to check when the chair beside her move and a figure clad in black leather jacket slid into it. She detected, surprisingly a waft of something that smell like wood and fresh laundry and also something else. She put the menu down and stare at Jinah and her boyfriend. 

It was quiet for a second or maybe it was just her imagination because Jinah was talking rapidly to her boyfriend about something. She could only stare at the couple in front her. Not sure what to do. The person beside her was also surprisingly quiet. It was moment later that Jinah finally remember that her existance.

"Oh! Oh! I'm sorry! I got side-tracked," she just shrugged to that. "Well, this is my boyfriend, Lu Han!" she gave a small hello and nod to the rather beautiful guy beside Sarah. He smile sheepishly toward her. She thought the Lu Han guy looks rather familiar and this is surprising coming from her who rarely notice the existance of other people. There was a sense of dejavue staring at the beautiful face of Lu Han.

Pretty.

The bullied guy in La Marmalade! They are friend? Huh? Oh, well. She decide it's nothing to be surprised off even more than her agreeing to go for the date.

She remember that one Thursday as Jinah introduce the person sitting next to her "And this is Wu Yifan or Kris!" Jinah brightly said that before telling Wu Yifan her name. She look beside her, to give her greeting. He tell her call him Kris or Yifan. Which ever she like.  She decide she will address him as Kris.

"Your name is the same as the person I love," Kris announced suddenly. She could hear Jinah gasp, scandalized and heard Lu Han snort. She didnt know how to react to that. She didnt even get to say her hello! Kris only stare at her with his unpertubed green eyes, (seemingly not bothered with the bomb he just drop) and his pale face decorated with a lopsided grin.

"No, you dont! You dont have a girlfriend! Han Han told me so!" Jinah claimed hotly.

"Who said it's a girl?" Kris mindlessly reply and continue to stare at her and before the brown eyes penetrate into her soul and eat her up, she faced toward Jinah again.

"He doesnt have a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. He's just joking!" Jinah panicly try to convince her while giving dirty look toward Kris. Lu Han look likes he was torn between trying to not to look amused and a cross with pretending to chide Kris look. 

"You dont worry! He definintely is single!" Jinah said again. "It could be a boyfriend," Jinah gave a loud hissing and she could hear Kris sneer though she didnt see his face. "No he dont!" Jinah said once again. It was not her business if Wu Yifan does have a girlfriend, or indeed a boyfriend (she hopes not, it'll be a waste of his good gene) when she quickly said okay. She just want to stop Jinah from chucking the sugar bowl toward Kris that finally guffawed with laugh. Luhan decides his friend teasing Jinah worth a beating from her and finally laugh out loud too.

Jinah pretend she could not listen the two laughing males and call over a waiter to their table. The three of them, Jinah, Lu Han and Kris seems to be a frequent guest to the place as the male waiter that came over said hello to Jinah and did that man handshake with both Lu Han and Kris before taking their order. 

"Anyway, it's his cat," she gave a puzzled look to Jinah sudden exclamation. The two other males were still talking with the waiter.

What cat?
Who?

"Your name. It's the same as his cat,"
.....