Four

The Supporting Actor

Today is Saturday. 

On Saturday, she usually woke around noon. 

Saturday is the day that she allow herself to be lazy and just bask in her bed and enjoy the coolness of her AC. Probably stay in bed for few more hours after that until she feel hungry enough. Then she will go and make whatever meal she can based on whatever is left in her fridge, went for a shower and stay in bed again enjoying her AC and maybe on her nth time rereading Harry Potter till it was dark again. Only leaving the bed for bathroom break, if needed. 

By the time it was dark again, it was probably around late nine, almost ten-ish that she finally got out of her bed. By that time, she said goodbye to her bed, went for a shower and had simple snack before heading out by 11. She will be on her way to the big grocery store just a block away from her studio and will probably meet up with a street cat (and to think that Junmyeon said she was unable of forming social interaction. Take that Junmyeon, I have a cat friend) that she decide to name Alley just because. By 11.30-ish, she will arrive at the grocery store if she was not delayed by her fascination with the feline. Then she will take one of the basket that has it own wheels and she was set to shop for her a week stock. 

She usually go for the same thing, and rarely straying from her favors diet. She knows the store well enough and the shopping wouldnt take longer than the time she spent with Alley. She would proceed out at the self-pay counter if it was available (which usually is often vacant because it is midnight, and only few people did their shopping like she did). 

By the time she walk back to her studio with two bag of groceries, say hello to Alley again (is she still linger there), set everything to their rightful place and have a quick run in the bathroom, it was probably two in the morning and she is ready for bed again. 

Saturday is her day to be lazy. She loves her Saturday.

Today is Saturday. 
But she was already awaken when it was barely 9.

The incessant incoming call woke her up. She pick up the ringing device, peek at the screen before fumbling for her earphone that was tangling somewhere in her bed. She hates picking up call and to be able to answer one, she need that one extension. The call end before she even find the lost earpiece. She know the caller will call again and as she predict, the device rang again. 

After fumbling blindly for a while, she finally notice that the suffocating feeling she felt from the moment she woke up actually came from the lost earphone that she was searching for. Not bothering to untangle it from her neck, she connect the one end to her smartphone and insert one of the earpiece to her left ear. She tap the green symbol.

"ARE YOU AWAKE!?" Jinah loud voice rang straight into her eardrum. Luckily she had sense to lower down the volume even before answering the call.

"YAH!! ARE YOU THERE!?" Jinah voice inquired once again.

"Am here. What's up?" She ask though she had a feeling what the call is about.

"THE DATEE!" Jinah squeal on the other side and she had to resort to lowering the volume once more.

"Dont tell me you forget! YOU. ARE. NOT. BAILING. OUT. ON. ME" Jinah enunciate the word one by one.

"No, I didnt forget,"
"You're not bailing out on me?" Jinah ask on the other side.
"No, I am not," she said truthfully.
"YAY!! YOU ARE FINALLY GOING OUT WITH ME AND WE WILL GET YOU A BOYFRIEND!!" 
"No. No, we are not getting myself a boyfriend," she said firmly.
"No? But, but.."
"You want me to cancel on you?" she asked quietly.


Jinah gave a loud yelp that resemble a whiny puppy and proceed to say "You cannot blackmail me! You've promise meee" she wailed.
"I will go but minus the getting boyfriend part," she finalize.


"Hmmph! We'll see about that," but before she could say anything, Jinah quickly cut in and say "Anyway, I'm calling you because I want you to come to my house. We are getting ready to go out at my place! Ee! So exciting!" huh? She wonder to herself before asking "Didnt you say we are meeting them at 2?" she knows because when she woke up in the middle of the night, she checked her phone and saw the latest message from Jinah.
"Yaa.. I did say that. But we need to glam up baby!" Wut?
"You! Come now! I'll send my address in a sec! Come or I'll dissown you!" Jinah yell before cutting the call.

She could only stare incredulously at the now dim screen of her smartphone. She sigh at it and rose from her bed to go shower when the promised address came in moment later.

Jinah is a blizzard that she can't avoid.

.....