Three

The Supporting Actor

It was a fairly cold, breezy night for a summer night tonight she note as she open up the window pane adjorning to her study. It was almost midnight and as night breeze flow into her bedroom, airing the close up place a bit, she gently close the book she was studying before, deciding she could take a break. The slight gentle breeze made her feel calm and slowly relax. Below, she could still hear car honking and distance murmur of crowd. It was a Friday night and people must have taken advantage of the oncoming weekend. The nice weather add to the fact too. Usually, it was very warm and too humid for her liking. 

She reach for her smartphone that was laying at the other end of her study. She took it up but didnt open the device. It felt cold in her hand. Her other free hand fiddling with a phone charm that was attached to it. Silver icicle hang at the end of the bluish charm.

She always like summer the least out of all season. Winter suit her best. She loves winter despite the cold and all the downsides (namely wet snow, the dried and harsh wind and generally the biting cold) that came with winter. Winter was a slow season. It felt long and harsh, and yet, she loves it. With summer, although she generally tolerate it and as a lot of people question her sanity for loving winter, she would always chose winter over summer. Summer is all sun and warm and heat and vibrant and everything that winter is not. Yet, she like summer least.

Summer and winter. Two opposite season. So contrasting. Just like Junmyeon and Wu Yifan she thought.

At the sudden brain wave, she stop her fiddling. 

What was that about? She asked herself. Quite surprise that she actually can think about those two.

Junmyeon, it was not a surprise since he was always in her orbit. Wu Yifan? She only know the existance of one Wu Yifan because of Jinah. And the quite coincident, her rare moment of being curious that lead to the discovery of one particular Wu Yifan. The Wu Yifan of Jinah. In which that particular interest had lead to the outburst of Junmyeon protective side if she could categorize the outburst the latter had on that one Thursday evening. She still could not see the danger of being curios.

And they say curiosity kill the cat, that sudden thought pass at the back of her mind. She decide to ignore it.

It was all because of Jinah. She concluded. Jinah plant the seed in her mind. The Jinah that was desperate not to be alone.

But that shouldnt matter. 

Junmyeon and Wu Yifan are indeed the opposite of each other. And although she couldnt quite grasp the weirdness of Junmyeon sudden protectiveness, she did, kind of get it why Junmyeon forbade her to enquire more about Wu Yifan. (She find it weird to address him as only Yifan or Kris since she didnt know him personally, and though this is in her mind, she still feel the need to explain herself calling Wu Yifan, Wu Yifan)

If Junmyeon is the warm summer, Wu Yifan is the cold winter.

If Junmyeon is the hero of the story, then Wu Yifan is the anti-hero. Not a villain, since that sound kinda harsh she thought. Junmyeon, if she can obnoxiously said, is a guy that is all about niceties, friendly, your kind of stock hero and generally a good guy. And Wu Yifan is the opposite of that. He's not bad, but generally has mischievous bad boy persona and although put on a cold exterior are actually nice if you know him better, quote unquote Jinah. If it's up to Junmyeon, generally a no-good flamboyant flirt that she shouldnt mingle with and be interested with in the first place. A flirt that tried to try his luck on Seolhyun.

She could not deny it that maybe that was the reason behind Junmyeon raction.

Plus, she is of different par from the kind of Wu Yifan. Junmyeon must think that she need to be protected from whatever it is. And she fit nowhere in the equation.

Junmyeon is the hero, Seolhyun is the heroin and Wu Yifan is the anti-hero in the story. That's it. She herself put it like that.

If those three were a drama characters, then she would be the other girl. Not one of the main characters, but you know, those supporting actor that nobody paid attention too. Yup. That's the one. 

She would be one of the many supporting character that help the progress of the main couple. Hero and heroin would have an up and down story and Wu Yifan would come in once in a while to disrupt the order and eventually be defeated by the hero, Junmyeon, and Seolhyun will be the heroin that envelop Junmyeon in happiness and then both of them will skip in happiness into the sunset and live happily forever after.

And she will end up all alone as senile old grandma smelling of pain patches and possibly a dozen of cats.

Wait.

What?

What on earth is she thinking.
 
"It's all Jinah fault," she mumble as she stood up from her seat to close the open window a bit. Traffic below seems to died down a bit. I've probably been zoning out longer than I thought.

Then her phone light up, signaling an incoming message. 

"Lee Jinah"

She touch the screen to unlock the device before proceding to the message app. She touch on Jinah name and it pop up to the latest message the girl sent.

"You will come with me on my date and meet Kris too. No saying no this time." the absent of emoticon on this latest message shows the seriousness of the sender's intent. She knows because the previous message always, key word: always embedded with emoticon. And the period at the end of it seems to intensify it. Lee Jinah loves her emoticon. And this one come without it.

She can only sigh at the latest incoming message.

"I will harasse the department to give up your address if you dont show up."

I better go to sleep then. Apparantly I have a date tomorrow.

She wanted to send that but instead send a simple "Okay. I will."

That was her trying. Trying what, she doesnt even know what.

Her phone light up for the third time and she knew it is Jinah and she didnt bother checking it before heading to bathroom and after that went straight to bed.

Now she knew why she probably didnt exactly call Jinah as her friend. 

No friend would blackmail their friend to a date, right?
......