One

The Supporting Actor

Not the heroin of the story. 

....

It was just a mindless chatter that Lee Jinah, her kind-of-friend-but-not-really-friend throw when both of them leaving the almost emptying class. She did not know what to classify the tall girl walking beside her. They only met once a week in Dr. Song class. They never met outside of class and it was only this semester that she actually start talking to the girl. That happen only because she asked whether the seat beside Lee Jinah was open or not in the beginning of the semester. And Lee Jinah probably took that as que to start talking to her.

Endlessly. 

She tought she may have came across looking friendly to Lee Jinah. How so, she did not know. She was not known for her friendliness. God know how bad she is at making friend or other kind of socializing. She did not have much friend due to her nature of being lazy. Rather, she was almost unknown in the campus except for one thing. Other than that one thing, she probably remain an unknown entity in the campus. She was sure that she actually is still in the level of microbe. Unknown. 

Anyway, still, Lee Jinah was actually a good spark in her rather dull, monotonous life. Maybe not really a spark, but rather like a cannon ball that insist they start talking on BFF term right from the start. 

"What if one day we end up alone," Jinah question burst her thoughts as she wasn't tune in to Jinah chatter before that. Already used to tuning out the girl gossipy voice everytime they finish Dr Song class. 

"Well, not quite alone, but say, single with one or two cat, or maybe turn complete cat lady like Mrs. Filch in Harry Potter," Jinah continued before muttering in low breath, "But even that old bat gotten married in the first place," she tried to tune it out again before thinking to slip off without saying goodbye to the later. She just need to reach that corner and slip off into the crowd. Jinah wouldnt even notice she's gone. She had a rather long day and she wanted to get home as fast as possible. 

"OMG!" Jinah sudden yelp startled her from her reverie. Attracting quite a stares from people they passed in the path toward the main gate. She reluctantly turn to the later in questioning look. Not that she actually care, but being kind doesnt cost anything.

"I cannot for my life think about it. I need a boyfriend!" concludes Jinah who seem not to notice the girl walking with her did not even pay attention to her in the first place.

"Didnt all your friends with someone already?" Jinah question her and she spontaneously thought "what friendS?" but before she could answer, Jinah seem to find her own answer in the form of a beautiful girl and a guy walking toward them. The girl was smiling brightly and waving toward them. The guy beside her was on his phone. She gave a small wave back to the smiling girl and the guy whom now look up from his device. He call out her name though they were still quite far apart from each other.

So she had friendS apparantly and that what makes her quite known in the campus.


Woo Seolhyun and her boyfriend, Kim Junmyeon.

The "Queen" and "King" of the campus as other students dubbed the two.

Woo Seolhyun aka her bestfriend. 
Heroin of the story. The beauty from the College of Fine Arts.

Kim Junmyeon aka her childhood friend.
Hero of the story. The brilliant gentleman from the College of Business Administration.

And she and Jinah is the one of the many other girl supporting in the background. Merely fleeting in and out in the two's story.

Jinah seems to sense that it was high time she excuse herself. It's like she notice the unspoken and non-literal cue to exit the stage to give way to the heroin and hero of the story.

"Well.. I see you when I see you then girl," Jinah pat her in the back, almost pushing her toward the oncoming couple.

She swear that she could hear Jinah mutter "I need a boyfriend ASAP. I dont wanna be single," before slipping off into the crowd to her left.

She conclude that Jinah is just being her usual weird self. She found Jinah sudden found "fear of being alone" amusing. Wasnt she was the one that preach of female empowerment almost the whole semester whenever the topic of relationship rose in Dr Song class.

But she didnt know that one statement could actually bother her later. Or rather soon enough.

.....