Two

The Supporting Actor

"So, how was class? Mine is very horrible today as you know. Why did I choose this arrangement for this semester. Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday already and the weekend is here!" the bright voice belonging to Seolhyun chime in the small cubicle in La Marmalade, a coffee place just outside uni, they, Seolhyun and her always frequent whenever they finish class on Thursday.

She just shrugged while continuing checking her planner that was leaning on the table that separate her and Seolhyun before replying "Same as usual. Jinah actually made it quite fun today," she chuckle remembering the later outburst in the class before. Dr Song was quite perplex when-

"Oh, did she now," Seolhyun curt and somehow cold respond made her look up to the later. Before she could question the unusualness of it, Junmyeon came bearing their drink.

"One ice coffee for you" he hand her drink. She gave a small thanks. "I've make it sweet like you prefer. 4 cubes," he said, sounding proud with himself before continue to give Seolhyun her drink "and Chocolate Frappucino with cinnamon sprinkle on it for you mi lady," Junmyeon attempted a wink toward Seolhyun though the girl didnt notice because apparantly he didnt get her order right.

"I told you that I want decaf Chocolate Frappucino with soy milk and a hint of cinnamon," she complain to her boyfriend who slid to sit beside her.

"Oh sorry baby. I tried. But your order always confuse me," he sheepishly smile before seeping his own drink. Seolhyun continue to whine while Junmyeon attempt to calm her down.

She on the other hand didnt bother with it, since the couple always had that kind of "couple banter" and she was usually forgotten in the conversation until she heard her name left Seolhyun mouth unexpectedly.

"...order right!" Seolhyun complains.
"That's because she never change. Always," Junmyeon mindlessly reply, not noticing the slight hurt looks on Seolhyun face, before calling out to his friend that just came into La Marmalade. She who was watching the two quietly ever since her name left Seolhyun mouth detect some uneasiness on Seolhyun face but it seems Junmyeon was unaware of it. And this put her in an awkward position. Whenever Junmyeon throw one of those comment like this about her, and she can detect Seolhyun uneasiness. Though she could not quite named what it is, it is not a good one for sure.

"What do yo-" Seolhyun wanted to say something else, but it seems Junmyeon did not want to talk about it.

They both seem quite distant after that. Seolhyun brightly and animatedly telling her how her week goes by (overly bright to her eyes) while Junmyeon was laughing almost maniacly over whatever his friend was telling. She was sure it was not even that funny.

What was that about she thought to herself.
But she didnt ask further. She listen earnestly to Seolhyun like a good friend would do without interupting the later. She do not know about others, but ever since Seolhyun called her, her bestfriend, she tried her best to be the best kind of friend. Even if she is not to other people, but when it come to Seolhyun, she will try her best. And she honestly do not have friend until she met Seolhyun. 

Sad as it is, people at her school seems to avoid her. It's not like they hated her, but they do not seems to really like her either. She noticed they did not shunned her but rather seems to treat her carefully. It was like that eversince she was in kinderschool and up to highschool. She tried to approach them and they had a good start and then she would introduce them to Junmyeon but somehow it didnt really go further afterward. They all seems to put a distance from her and seems to tolerate her because of Junmyeon. It gets lonely when people put their guards around you and she always thought it was her fault and that she is boring and not good enough to befriend with. It was not so lonely when Junmyeon was around. He was a constant in her life and she thought it doesnt matter if other people do not want to befriend her as long he is around. They are the best friend and she was fine of not having other friend. When the later seems to grow more popular (he was always popular to begin with) and they kind of grew apart, she gets lonely sometimes. Junmyeon would came around to see her once in a while but she thought it was selfish of her to hold onto the later and putting him on chain. She had at some point accepted that Junmyeon and her is no longer the best friend anymore. But after a long time of not being sociable with other, she gets rather awkward to start a friendship. And there's the little issue on how other students seems to thread carefully around her. She naturally become lazy to socialize until her parents asked her whether she wanted to go to prep school. And she agreed even though she did not really need it.

Then there were Seolhyun. 

Seolhyun and her met at the prep school and when the girl asked her to be good friend, she decided it would be nice to start having friend again. She take it to her heart to treasure Seolhyun friendship. And Junmyeon seems to take an instance liking toward Seolhyun when she and Seolhyun accindentally bumped into Junmyeon one night after prep school. Junmyeon asked them to hang out and she agrees as it's been quite a while she met her childhood friend albeit being in the same school. Sometimes before getting into uni, the two become a couple and that's how she start being Seolhyun besfriend and becoming friend with her childhood friend again.

She was attentively listening to Seolhyun until the beautiful girl suddenly stop in the middle of her sentences and look kind of worry and turn to her boyfriend quickly. Gone the spite she notice Seolhyun had over Junmyeon before. Instead, Seolhyun concern. Junmyeon was suddenly quiet too she notice. Too quiet and he had a stern look on. She was puzzle over what had struck the couple sitting in front of her. The place was quite lively. She didnt notice anything bizarre. At least she did, when Junmyeon suddenly jump up and Seolhyun desperately trying to hold the obviously strong guy down. He look like he was going to somewhere. Or to someone. Junmyeon tall friend, was it Chanyeol or something (she can never really remember names) hold him in his place. 

She wanted to ask what is going on but she didnt have the chance. Junmyeon sat back while staring at one direction and Seolhyun was consoling him. "Let it go, it doesnt concern you. Please, let it go," she heard Seolhyun saying that soothingly. Junmyeon look determinely to one place and still look piss off. She know he is furious judging from how stern he look. 

What is going on? Feeling curious, she crane to look at the direction of Junmyeon focus. 

She found the source.

Though the cafe was rather lively with student and look fairly normal, she quickly notice a group of guys that obviously look not normal. 

A rather beautiful guy (she can't help but to notice how beautiful the guy is) was being harrassed (if you count being taunt with fries and a couple of salad leave as one (is there even bullying in college anymore?, nonetheless, bullying is still wrong) by two other guys that was surrounding him. One guy stood out as he look like he was bored with whatever, she assume, his friends were doing to the beautiful guy. Cliche, she tought, the word cross her mind suddenly. There were always that kind of people anywhere, she thought again as she face toward Seolhyun and Junmyeon again when the bored-looking guy left. As Junmyeon look visibly calmer again, she thought she might ask what makes him so worked up.

"So, who's that guy?" she ask nonchalantly, not particularly specific about which one. Junmyeon who was still looking at the group direction quickly turn to her. So fast that it doesnt even seems human. Even Seolhyun look at her, surprised.

"What guy?" Junmyeon ask looking surprise, and  with something else that she couldnt quite put a name to. 

Seolhyun too look like she wanted to say something but Junmyeon cut her to it by asking her again, this time looking rather compose. "Who are you talking about? What guy?" he ask her. She sip her now cold coffee before answering "That guy behind," she state while her finger point to her back. She know that Junmyeon will understand what she mean. 

Junmyeon open his mouth to say something. But close it in half second. Seolhyun was also giving her scandalized look at that point. She just shrugged to her bestfriend.

"Why?" Junmyeon question her back. She wanted to say something but Junmyeon beat her to it.

"Where's the fire? You were never interested in other people before," he state and though that was sadly the truth and as she could not exactly deny it, she only agree to it in her head. "Why the sudden interest? I mean, you are normally not interested in people generally and now you are asking about a guy," Junmyeon look incredulous and kind of stress the last part of his word with loath. "And it's that guy out of all people," his tone was murderous if she could point it out.

"I dont know. You look pretty mad at him. So i was just curious," she state. Totally honest. "So, who is he?" she add.

Seolhyun jaw could possibly dislocate if she were to exagerate, but was it to surprising that she care about her fellow human? She is not that self-centered, she thought defensely in her head. She is capable of being social if she want too, she state again. Though it is all in her mind.

"Well, nevermind that then," she said.

"Wu Yifan," Junmyeon said quietly.

"Come again?" she doubt her ear was tricking her and it was functioning perfectly. But to be precise, she ask again.

"That's Wu Yifan. The dumb head that goes around as Kris and act like he own the world.  He is douche bag that loves to lord over other people and let people do  his dirty deed instead. I dont like how he always act like he own the uni just cause he is rich," she didnt ask him to say all of that (just need the name, she thought) but she didnt protest either. "So that should satisfy your curiosity and it should stop at that. You are not to be fraternising with him," 

Junmyeon look at her patronizingly as if waiting for her to promise that she would not associate herself with Wu Yifan. Seolhyun on his side gave him a puzzled look over his forbidding tone but did not say anything.

"Well?," he drawled. 

"Oh," she mouthed. A sudden recognition in her head.

"What!?" both Seolhyun and Junmyeon asked.

"So that was him," 
.....