Chapter 6

Take You Home | bbh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 6

The scent of freshly brewed coffee filled the train as Baekhyun pulled the lid off his mug. Hot steam fanned his nostrils as he inhaled it, a soft smile perched upon his lips. Placing the lid back onto it, he took a sip of the coffee, the scorching liquid spilling over in his mouth and warming his insides. Baekhyun let out a sigh has he savored the taste, before placing it in the cupholder beside him. Stretching out his arms behind him, he rest his head back as his gaze trailed to the window beside him. 

The sky was a clear blue, not one wisp of white lacing the horizon. It was truly the perfect day to go back home, back to Bucheon finally. Him and Chanyeol had finally gotten settled into their new lives in Seoul, with Chanyeol working his dream job at a video game design company and Baekhyun as a simple sales representative. It wasn’t as unique or important as his parents would have liked, but it was simple and it paid the rent. Plus, there was so much more to Baekhyun’s life than his career.

For instance, coffee.

“What’s with you and your coffee?” Chanyeol commented, watching his best friend go through his daily ritual of sniffing, rather practically inhaling his warm beverage.

“It’s true love, you wouldn’t understand.” Baekhyun retorted, throwing a coffee stirrer at Chanyeol’s shoulder, who was sitting right across from him, hands typing away on his laptop.

Chanyeol finally looked up and scowled. “Did the barista finally put in the right amount of sugar this time? Or was it half a granule off?” He mocked, tossing the stirrer right back. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but couldn’t say anything back. There was only one person who ever made coffee perfectly to his liking— Bin Mi Rae. 

A long sigh escaped Baekhyun’s mouth as he murmured “shut up,” under his breath. Quietly sipping his coffee, he could feel Chanyeol eyeing him. 

“Is anyone coming to get us?” Chanyeol asked, and relief bubbled inside Baekhyun. Baekhyun hated having to explain himself, having to explain the multitude of thoughts and feelings swarming within his mind when he couldn't decipher them for himself. 

“I think my dad should be coming.” Baekhyun answered, placing the coffee down and leaning forward so his elbows were resting atop his knees. “Yeol…” His words came out as a whisper and Chanyeol glanced at him to continue. “Have you told your parents that you're coming?” 

Before Chanyeol could answer, the click of someone’s tongue interrupted their conversation. “Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol! I never thought I'd find you two here.” A female’s voice perked from beside them. Both the boys trailed their eyes to the source of the voice, and saw a very familiar face. 

With blue eyes as vast as the ocean, raven black hair and an extremely charming personality, Kim Seo Rin was someone who couldn't be forgotten, not even five years after they had graduated. Her cherry red lips curved up at their corners as she smiled in greeting. 

“Seo Rin!” Chanyeol exclaimed, standing up with Baekhyun following him. “How are you doing?” 

“I'm doing well, how about you guys?” Seo Rin asked, her eyes sparkling in the light. Her gaze flicked over both the boys, but lingered on the shorter one for a second longer only for her cheeks to redden as their eyes met.

“We are doing good. Are you heading back home?” Baekhyun smiled at her politely. Seo Rin nodded, grabbing the overhead handle to steady herself as the train gently rocked her. 

“Yeah, I just moved to Seoul and my parents were kinda missing me, so they called me back.” Seo Rin explained. 

Chanyeol’s eyes ficked downwards as he mumbled something under his breath. “Lucky.” Baekhyun looked at him before turning back to Seo Rin.  

“Funnily, same here. We just moved to Seoul as well, just a week back actually.” 

The smile on Seo Rin’s face only grew wider. “No way! We’ll have to meet up again since we’re in the same city.”

“Ah, yeah, that’s a good idea.” Baekhyun responded, nodding his head. Seo Rin had always been a good friend throughout their school days so it would be nice to catch up.

“Isn’t Mi Rae in Seoul too? Have you guys met? I’ve been meaning to to message her.” Seo Rin pointed her question towards Baekhyun whose face darkened. 

“Yeah she is, and yeah we met.” Chanyeol answered for him, trying to balance the sudden drop in the mood.

“That’s great! I wanted to throw a little party and now I can invite all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter