Chapter 3

Take You Home | bbh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 3

AFTER A LONG FIRST DAY AT WORK Chanyeol settled into his newly bought car, breathing in the fresh smell of paint. He rested his head against the seat, closing his eyes and thinking about his day. It had gone much better than he expected and Chanyeol couldn’t be more thankful that he had moved along with Baekhyun to Seoul. He had gotten his dream job; a place on the design team for the most sought after company. Any video game designer wished for his position, and Chanyeol was quite proud of his achievement. He had always been skilled in this area, but his effort in college hadn’t gone to waste. His first job ever was the best he could get.

His colleagues were great; no one really had their heads in the clouds like he expected. Of course, there were only ten people on his team; who knew how bad the others were? Chanyeol just considered himself lucky that he was going to be around likeable people. Despite that, he knew he would have to earn the respect of his colleagues so that they would trust his opinion, but Chanyeol didn’t think that would be too hard. After all, he knew he was good at what he did.

Realizing that it was quite late at night, Chanyeol sat up straight and started the car. He typed up his new address on his phone and reversed out of the parking lot. The car was too silent for his liking, so he reached over and the radio. His left arm laid on the wheel and he fiddled with his right to find the right station. As the familiar piano music filled the air, a soft smile appeared on his face. Chanyeol focused his attention on the road once again, observing what was around him.

The sun had begun set, painting hues of purple and orange across the sky. Around him, the people of Seoul were still in action as they continued with their life even when the day was ending. Even though they were in the middle of the city, trees of different sizes filled the sides of the roads. Under the trees stood vendors selling a multitude of products from ice cream to black bean noodles.

Chanyeol rolled down his window and took a whiff of the food, smiling widely as the flavor of his favorite noodles hit his nose. His stomach only grumbled in response, but he decided to ignore it and move on. There was some delicious food waiting at home, Chanyeol was sure.

When he was planning to come to Seoul with Baekhyun, his parents agreed right away. It wasn’t surprising, as it wouldn’t affect them much anyway. They were barely home to see him in the first place. What was surprising that they insisted he bring a cook along with him. At the time he refused bitterly, questioning why they suddenly cared but now Chanyeol was thankful he finally agreed; he could eat good home-cooked food everyday after work.

Something on the side of the road suddenly caught his attention, and it wasn’t food this time around. A woman with black hair, huddled in a light brown cardigan was walking alone, dragging a large bag with her. Chanyeol would have almost gone past her without noticing if she wasn’t limping. He frowned and slowed down his car as he approached her. The woman’s face came into view and Chanyeol immediately recognized her.

“Hyeseon!” He called out to her and the woman jumped in shocked, the handle of her bag slipping out of her hands. She turned around to completely face him, her expression softening as she realized it was the new guy who joined her design team at work today. She immediately smiled, her face getting brighter. Waving her right hand at Chanyeol, she picked up her bag and approached his car, which he had temporarily parked at the side.

“Hi, Chanyeol.” Her voice was so quiet, Chanyeol could barely hear. “How was your day at work?” She asked, her smile getting smaller as Chanyeol kept looking at her. Hyeseon shone in the rays of the setting sun and Chanyeol noticed her gentle features for the first time.

“It was good.” He responded and she nodded her head quietly. “That bag looks awfully heavy for you to be carrying as you limp."

Hyeseon raised her eyebrows and looked down to the bag in her hand. “Oh this?” She asked, returning her gaze to Chanyeol.  “Nah, its fine.”

“Well, I feel bad watching you drag that along with you.” Chanyeol said, his eyes flickering down momentarily.

The smile returned to her face and she said, “Don’t worry about it. I’m just walking to the train station.”

“Still, at least let me drop you to the station.” He urged and she finally agreed, nodding her head. Chanyeol smiled and got out of the car, slowly approaching Hyeseon. His tall frame towered of hers and she had to look up to see him. As he smiled at her, she noticed the deep dimples that formed on his cheeks.

“Let me take that from you for now,” Chanyeol said, reaching for the bag in her hands. His fingers brushed over hers, his fingers tingling in surprise. They both looked at each other and realized how close they were actually standing. Suddenly they were no longer standing on the streets of Seoul but rather in their own world. The sounds of the people around them had faded out and all Chanyeol could hear was Hyeseon’s slow breaths, mimicking his own.

Hyeseon shivered at Chanyeol’s touch, his fingers still resting on hers. A large honk from a car passing by brought her back to reality and stepped back, handing the bag over to him. Her eyes traveled down to her shoes as she felt her face get hot. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Chanyeol quickly opened the car door for her and stepped back so the same thing wouldn’t happen again. Hyeseon shut the door for herself, avoiding looking at Chanyeol. He threw the bag in the back seat and walked over to his own side. He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter