Chapter 4

Take You Home | bbh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 4

“OH ,” Mi Rae exclaimed as she stepped into Baekhyun’s bathroom. From one small faucet at the center of the bathtub, spouts of water were flying ever. His curtains and mats were soaked and water was dripping down the green tiled walls, not to mention the couple inches of water that were forming at their feet. “This is bad.”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun let out a nervous laughed, arms crossed at his chest. Mi Rae looked back at him.

“I can try to fix this, but I’m not sure.” She said, tightening her ponytail and rolling up her sleeves. Baekhyun grinned, loosening his posture and moving closer to her.

“That’s more than enough, thanks.” They exchanged a look in silence, both of them hesitating to say something more. The atmosphere was heavy and dark, like clouds that covered the sky before a downpour, a downpour of the emotions that were bottled up inside their hearts. They had so much to say to each other, but stuck to small and polite talk.

“So…” Mi Rae started studying how the faucets and knobs were lined up. “How did this exactly happen?”

He was now standing behind her, his chest almost touching her back as he looked over her shoulder. Mi Rae’s head went up in surprise but kept set straight. “I’m not really sure.”

Mi Rae shook her head and went closer to the bathtub, only to be sprayed by water. She reached forward and twisted the knobs around, only to notice the third knob missing. Groaning in annoyance, Mi Rae tried to shield her face from the water coming right to her face.

“Where is the other knob?” She asked, straining her neck so she could see Baekhyun.

His face got red as he bit his lips. He struggled to meet Mi Rae’s eyes as he formed his next sentence, but he could feel her eyes boring into his face.

“I don’t know?” Mi Rae scoffed as she smirked, turning her head back to the mess in front of her. This situation was oddly similar to ones that had occurred in the past and Mi Rae couldn’t help but laugh. But a memory that she thought would make for happy thoughts left a pang in her heart.

She could just imagine the way Baekhyun was looking at her right now. His bottom lip would be sticking out slightly further than the top and his droopy eyes would be looking down in shame. It was just for a dramatic effect though, and because he couldn’t maintain that expression for long, a smile would slowly appear on his face. And whatever anger Mi Rae would be feeling in the moment would be washed away because his one smile sent her heart into a frenzy.

Nothing else would matter once Baekhyun would look at her and say-

“Forgive me?” His soft voice perked up from behind her, and she turned around again, her hands leaving the knob this time around. The water that had momentarily paused spraying around starting again but Mi Rae didn’t care.

Baekhyun was wearing the exact smile that Mi Rae had recounted. It was a smile that lit up the whole room, that diminished any darkness inside of her. A smile that she had longed to see everyday, and now she realized how much she missed it.

“Yeah,” she whispered, her voice so low she almost couldn’t hear it. “Get me a towel?” She asked, and Baekhyun nodded before walking out.

Sitting down by the edge of the tub, Mi Rae immediately let out a sigh. She repeated her actions from before, twisting the knobs in various positions until the barricade of water ceased.

The sound of heavy footsteps came to her ears as Baekhyun rushed back into the bathroom, holding a towel in his hands. “Got it,” he said, lightly tossing it to Mi Rae. She tightly wrapped it around the knobs, securing them into position for temporary relief. Standing up, Mi Rae brushed her hands off on her jeans and moved away from the bathtub.

“Done?” Baekhyun asked with hope in his eyes.

“Not really, we still need to find the knob.” Mi Rae sighed, running her hands through her hair.

“Oh no, seriously?” Baekhyun asked, his smile morphing into a frown. He crouched down so he could see the floor better, resting his hands on his knees. “We should probably get started then.”

Mi Rae nodded and pushed up her sleeves that had slipped back down after getting wet. She kneeled down beside Baekhyun and made a sour face as she felt t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter