A Drink or Two

Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The courtyard is decently quiet as you work on some homework. The picnic table bench is becoming uncomfortable under your tush now; wiggling around doesn’t help much anymore. Just as you’re about to stand, a figure plops down in front of you.

“Hi,” Jongin greets you with a bashful smile, “I don’t know if you remember me from the other day, but I’m Jongin.”

“I remember,” You return the smile, “I’m Y/N.”

“I know.” He looks away shyly.

“Ah, right.” You grin to yourself.

“I’m sure Jongdae or Minseok have said something about… um…”

You nod, still smiling.

“They never let me catch a break.” He rubs the back of his neck, “I was wondering if you wanted to go to a little house party tonight?”

Your body perks up. Is it a party with the deaf community on campus? Or with the dance crew? Will Minseok and Jongdae be there? Will you be awkward the whole time? Is he wanting you to be his date or is he just inviting you?

“Jongdae asked Baekhyun to come. I didn’t want you to feel left out, but Baekhyun told me not to invite you because you’re mean.” Jongin chuckles.

“Of course, he did. Is Minseok going to be there?”

He studies your face while you ask, “Do you not like him?”

“It’s not that. I just… don’t think he likes me very much. He says I’m rude, but I don’t know where he got that from.”

“He has a short fuse with hearing people who don’t know much about deafness. I promise he’s not alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter