Aided

Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your phone vibrates again in your pocket. The group leader of your project is blowing up your phone about your contributions. When your phone goes off consecutively, you whip it out and walk down a hall to get away from the noise.

“Hello?” You answer with annoyance.

“Why aren’t you responding? I need your part of the research and the graphs.” The girl asks passive aggressively.

“It’s Saturday; I have a life. The progress evaluation is in two weeks. Those things don’t need to be done immediately.” You snap, feeling the alcohol give you courage.

“Instead of partying, you should get your priorities straight.”

The line beeps indicating that the call ended. You groan and throw your hands against the wall out of frustration. Another drink. You need another drink. Turning back the way you came, you find Minseok standing there with a blank expression. Your body freezes under his gaze.

“Are you okay?” He breaks the silence.

You nod quickly, “Yeah.”

“Are you sure? You seem tense.”

“I just need another drink.” You try to gesture drinking from a cup, and he nods understandingly.

He steps aside and holds an arm out in the opposite direction for you to take the lead. When you reach the kitchen, he offers to mix a drink for you, to which you immediately accept.

“Follow me,” He says, once he has handed you your cup.

The two of you walk down that hall again, but this time he goes further, around the corner, and into the room on the right. It’s s small room set up like an office. There’s a loveseat couch pushed against one of the walls that Minseok sits on. You do the same and awkwardly stare into your cup.

“Do you want to talk about what’s bothering you?” He asks quietly.

With a sigh, you look over at him. “My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter