Pity-Filled Friendship

Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music building is pretty silent as you walk through the atrium and up the stairs. Baekhyun asked you to wait for him while he finished up vocal practice. You probably would have never stepped into this building if he didn’t ask.

There’s a bench outside the room he told you he’d be in, so you plant yourself on the cushion and pull your phone out. Entertaining yourself is interrupted when you hear a loud voice singing a few rooms over. Curiosity gets the best of you as you follow the sound to a cracked door.

Minseok is at the front of the lecture hall with a hand clasped around his throat as he sings. His eyes are trained on the paper in the other hand. He paces across the space in front of the professor’s podium. You can see how focused he is on trying to sing. For a better look, you take a few steps down the stairs.

His voice is beautiful, and you feel your heart warming up while he sings through some lines. But then, his voice cracks.

“!” He yells out in frustration, and his focus is thrown from the paper. You’re caught halfway down the stairs.

“You shouldn’t be in here.” He calls you out.

“I’m sorry. I just heard someone singing, and it was really pretty.” You try to explain yourself, but he just seems angrier.

“I’m not wearing my hearing aids. I can’t hear you, you idiot!”

A bit of pain hits your chest. How are you supposed to know he isn’t wearing them? You don’t let his anger deter you and strut s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter