Chapter 4

Once Upon a Kidnap

 

Chapter 4

 

“Lets get down to business.” Lee Minho suddenly stated causing me to remember what was actually happening here. I wasn’t at home, these weren’t my friends and I was here only temporarily because they needed my bank check- just like everyone else. I couldn’t believe that I was here for less than a day but was already so used to them though I knew I shouldn’t get attached; I’ll be the one hurting after.

I composed myself when I realised my spirit began to fall and disappointment was written on my face and answered, “I’ll do whatever it takes to get you your money.”

They looked a little taken aback by the sudden coldness in my voice. “Oh, okay,” Minho said. “Straight to business, I like that.” ‘Yeah, the faster we finish with this, the quicker I can go back to my miserable life,’ I thought.

“We will need to call your father and tell him that we are keeping you hostage until he gives the exact amount asked for. You will need to act all scared and teary if he asks to speak to you. Got it?”

I looked at him long and hard, trying to figure out what is going on in that head of his. He doesn’t sound like a bad guy but if he can still do such a thing he is not worth my worrying. “You do know you can get arrested for this?” I asked, playing for time. Now that he is about to actually do it, I felt scared and… this other feeling that I can’t describe. It’s like I actually like it here with these two strangers. This is probably the most exciting my life has ever been.

“Yes but only if you tell …and you won’t, right?” he asked with a smirk on his lips.

“No, of course not,” I replied truthfully. “I wouldn’t want you to be in trouble.” And I didn’t. So far the only thing they have done to make me doubt them is kidnap me. “Go on, call my dad.” I urged him. I wanted to see what my father would do; will he save me or will he be too busy to bother?

He reached over the table to grab his phone. “Won’t they be able to identify your number and then trace it to where we are?” I asked dumbfounded. That’s a little stupid of them, I thought.

“Well, my companion here is an amazing computer geek.” Minho said with a little sarcasm and a bit of fondness.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Soohyun said, looking all proud, “I inserted this tiny little chip into the phone that makes it seem like we are across the world. I’m amazing, aren’t I?” he added.

“Yeah, totally,” I said feeling a little down because this meant less chance of anyone finding out where I am. To be honest, I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to be found. Wouldn’t it be better if I live my own life and do whatever I wanted? Although I guess that would backfire on me a little since they won’t let me go until they get their cash.

“Enough of this chit-chat,” Minho interfered. “The faster we are done with this, the faster we can get rid of you.”

I suddenly felt a pang in my chest. This just proves there are more people who don’t want me but my money. “Well come on then, dial his number. Tell him whatever you need to say so I can finally go home.” I said bitterly, hoping he won’t say anything else otherwise I would cry.

Minho started to dial the numbers that were written on the laptop screen which was sitting at the table in front of him now. He pressed ‘Call’ and put the phone to his ear. He motioned for me to shush as the slow beeps on the phone sounded. I thought a year passed before my dad finally answered and I could hear his deep muffled “Hello?”

Minho then said in his low voice, “I have your daughter. You must do everything I say or she dies.”

 


The1andOnly: Sooooo sorry for the long wait. We feel so ashamed (bow head in shame) but school work comes first, right?

coolgirlaamy: Mianhae. Our exams are coming up soon but we will try to update when we can. Hope you like what we have anyway :)