Talking About It

Mysterious Manager

Minyoung's pov 

I'm so screwed.

I hurriedly look around to find my brother. "Why does he walk so fast.." I mumbled.

"I'm not fast, you're just slow." I quickly turn around to see my brother sadly holding an ice cream cone. 

"I'm sorry." I blurted out as he starts to walk away from me. He ignores me and keeps on walking as I silently follow.

Seungho sat on a nearby bench and ate his ice cream. I just stood by quietly until he motions me to sit next to him. 

"I'm not angry." He says after a moment of silent. "I'm just disappointed by you." I stayed quiet to let him finish.

"This is your job. This is supposed to be professional." He starts speaking to me like when I would get in trouble at work. 

"You making this decision has to be one of the stupidest thing I've ever seen you do." He pauses.

I've done a lot of reckless things growing up. I don't blame him for getting upset. 

"This is dangerous. Not only for you, but for him and the boys." He quietly whispers. 

"I know.." I finally spoke. "Do you? If you did, you wouldn't have done it." I start to get upset. 

"Well I couldn't help it. I like him and I've never felt this way before. I'm tired of having to keep a distance with everyone that I work with because it's not safe or it won't last long." I started to rant. 

"I love my job. I love our job. I love the members and I love him. I understand that there are rules that need to be followed, but I can't help it. Oppa what did you expect when you sent me to go work with these people?" I looked at him close to tears.

Seungho didn't say anything. Neither of us did for a while. 

"Maybe I expected too much from you." He spoke. I rolled my eyes. "You know what, maybe you did." I got up and tried to walk away when he grabbed my wrist.

"I don't want to do this anymore." I whispered. "I hate keeping secrets. I can't tell him, but I want to. I hate going around secretly and having them worry about where I am and if I'm okay." I held my tears.

"Let's go on a walk." He holds my hand and we start to walk. 

"I know this is stressful. This job is asking a lot. When the company finds out, you'll be on probation. By then, we'll probably figure something out okay? I'll never let them suspend you." I keep looking forward, listening to my brother.

"I just want you to be safe kid. I love you and I don't ever want to see you get hurt." He squeezes my hand. 

"I know, I love you too. I've just been stressed about not telling you." I sighed.

"It's okay now,  just be careful." We keep on walking silently.

Soyeon comes up from behind us.

"There you guys are!!" She looked at us worried" "Yeah babe, what's up?" Seungho looks at her. 

"Nothing, you guys were gone for a long time. I was just scared you guys ended up fist fighting" She laughed.

"Almost Yeon." I laughed. "Babe you good?" She asked him. "I guess I'm okay." He smiled.

"Hyung!" Baekho runs towards us. "I'm sorry." He apologized to my brother. "It's fine. I like you and I hope you treat her well." Seungho pats my boyfriend's shoulder. Quite hard I might add. 

"Thanks hyung." He smiles while rubbing his shoulder. 

"Alright, go away kids. I'm on a date with my women." As he kisses Soyeon. 

Seungho's pov

She looks so happy with him.

"What are you thinking about now?" Soyeon asked. "She looks so happy don't she?" I looked at her.

She rest her head on my shoulder and chuckled. "Of course she is. I've never seen her like this before, but I think she's really in love. I hope you guys don't take it away from her." She looks at me worried. 

I sighed. The company or my sister. Of course I pick my sister, but so many people are now involved into this situation. 

"I know what you're thinking and yes I know that there's a lot a risks here, but come on." She points at them. "She's happy. She's stress free right now. I bet she's happy that everything is out between you two and she can finally enjoy herself." I looked at my sister.

She keeps looking at him with affection. I can see that she's in love with this guy. 

"He's a good guy." I nodded in agreement. "He always cared for her. Even before they dated. I think she has a good person by her side and we should be happy for her." I spoke. 

"What gave it away?" She asked. "Hmm?" I looked at her. "What was the hint? How did you find out they were dating?" 

I shook my head and started laughing. "What's so funny?" Soyeon looked confused. 

"That." I pointed at her wrist. "Damn! I forgot about this!" She slapped her forehead. 

"You were scolding her about it and you did the same thing." I laughed harder. "Shut up." As she began to laugh.

"But you know this can't get out. Not to anyone." I started to get serious. "I know. The company will go insane." She bit her lip. 

"What do we do?" She asked. 

"I don't know. I guess we'll see then."