Found Me

BTS Halloween Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon and Reader

Genre: Horror

Word count: 786 words

A/N: This tale is partly based on a real incident that occurred to my sister. Geophysics isn't my field of expertise, so I apologise for any mistakes!

~•~•~•~

"Excited?"

Namjoon's question drew out a laugh from you, but you nodded your reply. It was impossible for your heart not to stir just a little at the sight of excavators and workers moving about at the site that was previously flat land only a few days ago. Last week you and the team were there, investigating the ground underneath to determine whether it was strong enough to build an apartment complex upon.

As someone who'd just started her postgraduate studies, you were the newest addition to the group. In half a year, you'd already had the chance to join several on-site trips, but the results were never anything more than what you could see on a computer. Geophysics utilises non-invasive techniques, so all you could see from your work was a bunch of numbers and lines of data from equipment representing what lies underneath the surface you walked on.

This was the first time you were actually about to see the actual, physical outcome of your study. To see the structure of the Earth on your computer dug up in real life. Namjoon, a fellow student who had been longer on the team than you had, completely understood the rush that you were feeling. Even if he didn't, the excited expression you wore on your face was impossible to miss.

"There's nothing really worth seeing though," he remarked, pointing out the fact that both of you already knew. This wasn't one of the projects that involved looking for something like ground water or buried treasure. "They're just digging so that they can lay down the foundation."

"I know, but still."

As expected based on the result you'd obtained, all that was unearthed by the excav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter