Regional Photos

BTS Halloween Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok x Reader

Genre: Horror

Word count: 1,103 words

A/N: This fic is based on something very similar that happened to my dad. Geophysics is not my specialty so I apologise if there are mistakes in this!

~•~•~•~

Even though you were protected by the shady tress, you were already sweating bullets. This was your passion, but there were always days that were difficult and tiring. The blazing sun beating down through the cracks between the leaves combined with the heat that rose up from the Earth in unrelenting waves sadly wasn't enough reason to cancel this.

Besides, you'd already asked for his help, so it wouldn't do to back out now. You looked up just ahead of you, watching the back of the man who was guiding you through the forest. His energy knew no bounds, it seemed, talking without even stopping for breath as he walked, but unfortunately it was not infectious. Still,it was hard to be annoyed at someone who was so genuinely friendly and helpful. So you just tried to focus on what he was saying as much as you could, although most of the contents of his babbling escaped your grasp as you trudged along.

"Thank you for accompanying me here, Hoseok," you said.

"It's no problem," Hoseok grinned as he brushed off your gratitude. "A young woman such as yourself shouldn't go into the woods alone, and I don't have anything better to do, anyway."

You could think of a million things you'd rather do than hike through the overgrown bushes on as sweltering weekend but Hoseok was going out on a limb to help you out so you didn't complain. "We're almost there," he informed, and you voiced out your acknowledgement in a huff between short, panting breaths. It was only a few hundred meters' walk, but the heat took its toll on you. You could hardly imagine what it was like for the students and technicians to make the trip with all the equipment in tow last week.

When you finally arrived at the site, Hoseok sat down against the trunk of a tree, watching as you examined the area that had been cleared by the team who'd come there before. Assuming that you needed to concentrate, he watched quietly as you studied the site, measuring the lines that the team had established, taking note of the spots where the geophones were placed. Before you finished up, you fished you phone from the inside of your cargo pants, switching the camera on, and finally he spoke up.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously.

"I need to take some photos to put in the report," you answered as you snapped away. Thank goodness f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter