Late Night Shower

BTS Halloween Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin x Reader

Genre: Horror

Word count: 1,304 words

A/N: This story is largely based on an occurrence that happened to me years ago.

~•~•~•~

"Sleeping already?" My roommate asked, but it was in a bored tone that said she already knew what my answer would be.

In her defense, it was pretty obvious. My face was damp, mouth fresh from my ritual cleanse and brush before going to sleep. Unlike me, she had several books and a pencil box in her hand, ready to burn the midnight oil. Most students around me seemed to prefer leave studying until the last minute, but I preferred to study early and get a good night's sleep before an exam.

"Good luck," I yawned sleepily as I tucked myself in.

"Good night," she answered with a grin, switching off the lights before leaving the room to join the other students putting their noses to the grindstone in the study room just opposite ours.

After checking my cellphone to make sure I had my alarm set for the next morning, I my side and fell asleep almost immediately. One might think that it was a mark of the late hour of the night, or of fatigue, but it was not even midnight, and as for my weariness...

... It definitely wasn't that, for my eyes opened again after what seemed like a measly five seconds of sleep. My bladder poked me from the inside of the lower half of my body, cluing me in on the reason I had been roused from my sleep.

Sighing but knowing that it was useless to try to fall back to slumber until I'd emptied the contents screaming to be let out, I kicked my blanket off as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. Some time must have passed as my roommate was sound asleep in her own bed now, but I barely registered it. Just like my mind, foggy with sleep, did not notice the quietness of the dorm. The thought of getting to my destination was all my brain could think of.

However, when I finally stepped into the cluster of showers and toilet cubicles at the end of the floor, something caught my attention. The pitter-patter of water drops like rain hitting the floor tiles echoed in the otherwise silent space. I had no idea what time it was, but I knew it was well past ten when I went to sleep. Who was showering at such an ungodly hour?

Just as the thought crossed my mind, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up on their ends. Something was not right. On the other hand, I couldn't wait a moment longer. So I pushed the door of the nearest cubicle to my left and locked myself in.

After relieving myself in record time, I walked out to wash my hands at one of the bathroom sinks. The cold water flowing over my hands emphasised the chill I felt from the showers behind me, which was cool enough to bring me to a freezing point; the liquid from the tap was positively hot in contrast.

Of course, even though I always called characte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter