Chapter 4

All my friends are heathens

It was no surprise to Youngbae that before he could talk to his friend, he would first have to deal with his fanboy, Seungri, a pathetic excuse of a friend Jiyong used as a secretary and minion whenever the elder needed some extra help. The latter, a teenage werewolf, was guarding his bedroom's door, standing proudly with his furred arms crossed on his slender chest, his yellow eyes glaring at the older vampire.

"Why exactly do you have to talk to Jiyong-hyung?"

"It's none of your business, Seungri. Move."

"He is busy."

"I know. And I know he doesn't care if I walk in. And what I have to say is more important  than whatever he's doing in there."

At these words, the younger's ears perked up and he took a quick sniff at the vampire's clothes.

"Ah-- you brought your human girlfriend tonight." he realized and raised his nose in the air, inhaling deeply. "Makes my mouth water." he said and grinned, revealing wide rows of long, sharp teeth. "So, how do you think she'll end up tonight, hyung? A zombie? A demon? A werewolf? Or maybe just a big pile of bones?" he said and his lips with his blood-red tongue. "I know I'd give the world to get a bite of her pretty neck before you guys eat it all."

Unable to stand his attitude and taunts any longer, the vampire grabbed the mutt by the skin of his nape and lifted him off the ground as the younger yelped in pain and tried to claw his marble hand.

"Don't think that Jiyong will lift a finger to save you if I decide to beat you. So for the last time kid, scram before I really lose it!"

"No need, YB. I heard you." A dark, smooth voice replied from the other side. "Come in. Both of you. We'll talk in peace."

As the vampire slowly put him down, Seungri jumped back, shook himself and hurriedly combed the dark rough fur of his arms and head with his claws before he opened the door.

As they were now both facing him, Youngbae thought, every time his friend gave such a display of himself, he didn't know whether he should be more amused or disgusted.

There Jiyong was, his constant smirk and disdainful look on, dressed in his favorite suit, his shirt barely buttoned and crumpled, his ruby red hair still glittering with sweat from his last – "performance" which he proudly let show. As he sat on his armchair like on a throne, three gorgeous skimpily dressed succubi –two at his feet, one in his lap- were lecherously roaming their hands over his body, giggling and purring for attention. Of course, only Jiyong could tame these proud indomitable devils. And of course he had to show off about it. It was Jiyong after all.     

When Jiyong opened the door, the younger still had his tail between his legs and his ears down.

"Aw, did Youngbae scare you?" their master asked as the young wolf approached him with pleading eyes. "There, there." he said and patted him on the head. "I have something for you."

With a snap of his fingers, the red skinned creature on his lap jumped on her stilettos, shaking her tiny horns and whipping the air with her thin pointed tail before walking determinedly towards the teenage wolf. As she traced his jaw with her finger, her dark lips with her snake tongue -which was a big turn on for Seungri, feeling already way more relaxed- Jiyong gently shooed both away with a gesture of his hand.

"You did a good job. Go play. I want to be alone with Youngbae for a minute."

With no hesitation, the young wolf obeyed and zeroed in on the exit door to another bedroom with the demon, ready to take the challenge of quenching its legendary never-ending lust.

"Please don't scare my boy like that. You know he just likes to tease you." Jiyong said with a playful tone as Youngbae closed the door behind them, isolating them both from the noise and the crowd for good.

"Your boy needs to remember why you don't let him play with the big guys." the latter replied likewise and the two immortal friends smiled at each other, Youngbae being probably the only one Jiyong would ever smile sincerely to.

"Have a seat."

The older vampire obeyed as he sat on the bed, ready to get up as soon as one of the two remaining temptresses would try to crawl into his lap. However, as Jiyong knew his friend hated it, it remained by his side.

"So, what's up?"

"Well, there's something I didn't tell you for a long time." Youngbae started nervously.

"I know what you're talking about."

"You do?"

Jiyong nodded.

"Seungri told me about your human girlfriend." He said in an icy tone.

At these words, there was a small silence between both friends. If vampires could, Youngbae would be now sweating bullets under his best friend's glare.

"I can't believe you tried to keep her hidden from me. So I was the last to know. How rude."

"Actually, she's here. Tonight."

As expected, at these words, the great Jiyong shifted in his seat and gently kicked his servants to tell them to stop. Now Youngbae had his full attention.

"You brought her here? And she accepted to follow you? Interesting." He let the word roll on his tongue, a smile growing on the corners of his thin lips, letting one of his fangs show. "Where is she?"

"Wait. Before I answer, there's something I need to ask you first."

"Anything you want, hyung. You know I'm forever in your debt." the younger vampire replied and lightly raised his chin, revealing the two tiny scars on his throat beneath one of his tattoos.

"When you see her-- please don't make her suffer."

The other raised an eyebrow at the curious demand.

"As in "Don't kill her" or "Make it quick"?"

"You know what I mean."

Jiyong sighed in annoyance.

"You know, maybe it means nothing for you because you've been around for a while but my death is still fresh up there. I can't hunt if we let her out and spread the word that I'm still around."

"She knows I'm a vampire. And she didn't betray me so far."

"You're her boyfriend."

"If I ask her, she won't tell anyone about you. Don't worry, we can trust her."

"Trust her?"

At their master's sudden burst of laughter, the devilish maids first moved back in fear, starting to fade to smoke as a way of escape before slowly materializing again and laugh with him.

"I never trusted anyone in my human life. Anyone." Jiyong spat out in disgust. "And I won't start now because some little girl with a cute made the centuries-old you her ."

"I love her!" Youngbae snapped, rising on his feet. "And she loves me back! So I don't care about your stupid little fit of jealousy, if you dare hurt her, I will not hesitate-"

"Hesitate to what exactly?" Jiyong said as he in turn got up and sprayed some of the content of the little flask around his neck.

The she-devils around him shrieked in pain as a few droplets of the holy water burned them. As for Youngbae, he covered his face, blinded, and curled up on the floor in agony.

"Now, introduce me to her." Jiyong said quietly, towering him.

"Jiyong-- please--"

"Please what?" Jiyong asked innocently. "If you want me to trust her, might as well let us know each other, right? Relax, dude. I'm not saying I'll pounce on her-- yet."

"Can you promise me-"

"I make no promises. You know I can't lie to you."

"If you transform her, you'll never see me again." his only friend managed to mumble through his gritted teeth, trying to calm the throbbing between his eyes.

That seemed to make Jiyong hesitate as he paused to think and let out a small sigh.

"Fine. Tell you what, let's make a deal. If she convinces me that I can trust her, I will let her go as she came. But if she tries to act smart or pisses me off, then she'll stay. Happy? Now, get up and bring her here. Come on."