Chapter 1

All my friends are heathens

Midnight had come. Ignoring the dead leaves dancing around his feet on this windy night, as the deep church bells rang out ominously, Youngbae raised his head at the sky, so dark and cloudy only the full moon was shining bright enough to be seen, like a silver bullet hole in the pitch black canvas above his head. A perfect weather the party where his friends await him, he thought. The sight of some late trick-or-treaters playing in the muddy puddles on the sidewalk with their baskets full of sweets made his stomach grumble. He realized he'd been holding onto his strict diet pretty well since he met herShe was good for him. Maybe she wouldn't come. Maybe she had changed her mind. As cheeky as she could be sometimes, she was a good girl. Yet, at the sound of a voice calling his name, he couldn't help but stand there as he watched her come closer to him under the dull orange light of the lampposts.

"You came." was all he managed to say.

She smiled brightly at him. He smiled back as he took her in his cold arms, trying to warm her up. With no surprise, she was not covered enough on this autumnal evening. Yet she knew he couldn't resist to this outfit, which turned out to be her favorite as well: a black thin leather jacket with roses on the front and thorn-like nails in the back, a white torn shirt, red mini-shorts held by a chain belt with skulls, fishnet tights, knee-high black boots with silver buckles, fishnet gloves, black nail-polish, black and white make-up and her bright fire red hair fixed in cute pigtails.

"Happy Halloween, oppa."

"I can't believe we're really doing this."

"I know, right? I can't wait! Are you hungry?"

Without waiting for his answer, she took the razor blade around her neck, pulled up her sleeve and slit her porcelain wrist in a quick, swift motion, to which Youngbae grimaced.

"Shouldn't you at least take painkillers before you do that?"

"Why do you care? You don't feel pain."

"I do, for you."

As blood was now dripping from the wound, she held then her arm to her boyfriend.

"Enjoy."

As he was now holding her slender arm, Youngbae hesitantly brought his face closer, savoring her scent, before plunging his lips in the wound, on it and gulping eagerly. When he felt his thirst a little quenched, he came back to his senses and sipped on a couple last droplets like the most precious nectar, making sure to never let his teeth touch her skin. Since they could barely kiss without risking giving free rein to his true nature, you could say this was the most intimate, gesture they would ever share with each other. Youngbae couldn't be happier to have met a girl who would do that with him.

"My sweet little Candy..." he sighed, on his lips, as he looked at her bandage it.

"Yup, that's me." she replied with a mischievous smile. "Shall we go now, dear?"

"Yeah... Let's go."