Let's Learn More About The Characters

Heartless

Hoseok was born in Gwangju in a modest family. He was the little one of his family so he was very much loved and spoiled. His sister was the person he was the closest to. They told each other everything, they kept the other’s secret and covered up for the other when needed. When he was young, his mother passed away and his father disappeared. He was left alone with his sister at the age of 10 and were placed in two different host families. It was the last time he ever saw his sister before he had to move to Busan. Hoseok quickly learned to not trust anyone. Jimin was the only exception. They met in middle school, in detention. Jimin came late to school whereas Hoseok slept in class. Jimin was the first to approach Hoseok and even though it was tough, he never gave up and they ended up being best friends. Jimin took Hoseok’s sister’s place in the boy’s heart, in some way. He was his confidant. He knew everything about Hoseok, so much that even when Hoseok lied to him, he still knew the truth. That was Jimin’s own skill.

 

Contrary to Hoseok, Jimin was born in a rich family, in Busan. He was an only child so his parents always overprotected him. His mother was a lawyer and his father a surgeon. When he was little, Jimin always got what he wanted, even what he didn’t want. If his parents thought he would like something, he got it. He was spoiled but well-mannered. He wasn’t a brat, he was very respectful and never complained. Jimin always did his best to help other people. When he entered middle school, he had a hard time making friends because he was too kind and a lot of people tended to make fun of him. When he met Hoseok in detention, he decided he wanted to be friends with him because he looked lonely. Of course, it was hard to get close to him, Jimin had expected that. But it didn’t stop him and now, they were the best friends ever. Jimin had a weird habit of getting a new crush every day and even if it made him laugh on the outside, he was in fact worried he would never be able to find ‘the right person’ because of this ‘habit’. But he knew he could always count on Hoseok to make him come back to his senses.

 

Namjoon was an orphan. He never knew who was his mother, he never really cared. When he was old enough to get asked ‘what do you want to do when you’re older?’, he decided he would do his best to support children that were labelled as ‘different’ from the society. His first goal was to find a good family for orphans. He didn’t want other children to be like him and stay in the orphanage until the age of 18. His second goal was to support as many associations as possible that were fighting for LGBTQ+ rights. He himself had gone through a very hard time trying to figure out his uality. Namjoon wanted to give other people the help he had wanted in the past but couldn’t get. One day, he was walking in a park, taking some fresh air when he saw a boy fall from his bike. He went to him, worried that he was badly hurt. He had a big scratch on his knee but wasn’t crying. In fact, he wasn’t having any reaction at all. Seconds later, a guy around his age came, running to his brother. Namjoon talked with him a bit and they sympathized. Weeks later, he discovered that those people weren’t humans but supranatural creatures called Heartless. Jin told him everything about them, their goal in life and Namjoon decided to make it his mission to help Heartless (and Cold-hearted) to find their soulmates.

 

Seokjin was born a Heartless, just like his parents. He met his soulmate Taehyung at a very young age, thanks to a dinner the Jeon family had organized to sympathize with the Kim family in hopes to be good business partners. The Jeon family was one of the richest families in Korea along with the Min family. Jin was supposed to get at the head of the company when his dad would retire but, unfortunately, his dad died along with his mother in a car accident. Instead of letting Jin manage everything at the time, his uncle decided to get at the head and Jin was thankful. He never really wanted to manage the company but knew that he was forced to or it would make his dad very sad. He hated himself for thinking like this but sometimes, he was glad his parents didn’t die naturally. At the funeral, he had cried a lot but although they were tears of sadness, some were also tears of relief. Jin had to take care of his baby brother Jungkook, his soulmate Taehyung and Jungkook’s best friend, Yoongi. He became very close with a human, Namjoon who was of great help when he needed something, anything.

 

Taehyung was born a Cold-hearted, just like his mother. His father was human and he panicked when he took him in his arms for the first time but when his wife explained everything to him, he made it his mission to find his son’s soulmate as soon as possible. The Kim family was a family of ‘new-rich’ as you could say. They kind of nowhere got into import-export business and as they were invited to dinner by the Jeon family, Taehyung who was 7 at the time found out that his soulmate was none other than Jeon Seokjin, 12 years old at the time, the heir of the Jeon family. Taehyung freaked out when he felt his body heat up and even though Jin was going through a hard time since his heart had begun beating, he helped the younger to calm down, making their parents think that they indeed were a good match. They’ve been inseparable since then. They got to know each other throughout the years and now they could communicate without uttering a single word. Taehyung became friends with Seokjin’s little brother, Jungkook, and with the latter’s best friend, Yoongi. He found those two really cute and he had always been curious of how they would change when they’d find their respective soulmate.

 

Yoongi is a Heartless. There’s not much to say about him. He’s Jungkook’s cousin and they grew up together. The Min family is quite wealthy, like the Jeon family, and Yoongi always got everything he didn’t know he wanted or needed. He was very loved by his parents and his older brother. The latter lived in Singapore but he still stayed in contact with his little brother, making sure he was alright or just asking about their parents. Yoongi didn’t know how it felt like to have a brother but he supposed that, seeing how happy Jin seemed to be when he talked about Jungkook, it was probably part of his happiness. He never was great at deciphering people’s emotions towards him, it wasn’t like he cared anyway. He always thought that the only thing that would really matter would be how his soulmate thought of him.

 

Jungkook was a heartless. He was born in the very wealthy Jeon family that was practically at the head of South Korea. He had an older brother, Seokjin. He lost his parents at an early age in an unfortunate accident. From a young age, Jungkook tried to decipher people’s emotions even though he couldn’t feel any himself. He always imagined how happiness felt like, how sadness felt like. He always asked Jin to try to describe every emotion the best he could so that when his heart would finally beat, he would know how to act. Jin had told him that it wouldn’t be that easy but Jungkook didn’t care. It’s not like he could care anyway. Jungkook’s best friend was Yoongi, he was like another brother. Jungkook supposed he liked Yoongi a lot because he often found himself hanging out with Yoongi when his brother wasn’t home or was too busy. Another feeling he was very curious about (kind of since he can’t feel) was love. When Jin described the feeling of love, Jungkook didn’t understand and Taehyung, Jin’s soulmate, explained to him that love was different for everyone so, he had to wait for his soulmate to really discover how it was to love, to be loved and to fall in love.