Chapter 4

Heartless

Jimin POV

“I have to say that he’s really hot.” I say as Hoseok and I get out of the nurse’s office.

“Who ? That Jungkook guy ? He’s okay…” he mumbles.

“He’s totally hot Hobi ! A bit clingy but it can be a great thing in some situations…” I say, wiggling my eyebrows.

“Jimin, are you being serious now ? Do you remember why Minhyuk and the others dumped you or should I remind you ? Don’t get too ahead of yourself, he’s an as well.” Hoseok tells me and I look down.

“I remember. How could I forget ?” I say, looking back at him, tears in my eyes. “They all threw me as if I were nothing, like I haven’t counted for them at all.” I state, tears rolling down my cheeks.

“I’m sorry Jimin. Please, don’t cry.” He begs. I ignore him and quicken my steps.

“I gotta go Hoseok-ah. See you later.” I mumble and run back to my class.

 

At lunch

I'm waiting in the queue to get my food when I feel someone tapping my shoulder from behind. I turn around and see Hoseok, looking sad.

"I'm sorry Jimin-ah. I didn't mean to say it like that... I just don't want you to get hurt once again, that's all. Will you forgive me ?" He asks.

I know that he only wants the best for me and I love him too much to stay mad at him so I nod.

"Of course I forgive you Hoseok-ah. I know you didn't mean to sound that harsh. I'm sorry for being mad at you." I apologize and he smiles.

"I love you Chim." He says and we move forward in the queue.

When our trails are finally full of food, we move to a nearby table and sit down, diving in our plates immediately. Some minutes later, Taehyung joins us, two people with him. I look up to the two people behind him and see Jungkook and his friend. I smile.

"Hi ! We meet again ! Sit down ! Taehyung-ah, how are you ?" I ask.

"I'm fine Chim-Chim and you ?" He asks, sitting down in front of me while Jungkook and his friend sit beside him.

"I'm fine too." I reply.

"Taehyung-ah, how went your test ?" Hoseok asks.

"Oh gosh, it was terrible. I thought I was a history test, right ? Turns out it was a math one ! I once more totally failed." Taehyung says and I laugh.

"As always Tae ! But what are you doing with Jungkook and his friend ? Do you know them ?" I ask, quite curious.

"Yeah, Jungkook is my boyfriend's little brother and Yoongi is his best friend. They transferred here knowng that I’ll be here.” Taehyung explains and I nod.

“That’s great ! We can all be friends then ! By the way, are you feeling better... Yoongi ?” I ask.

Yoongi was intently staring at Hoseok the whole time so Jungkook had to elbow him so he could answer my question.

“Uh... yeah. I’m feeling better, thanks for your concern.” He replies, quite tense.

“And you Jungkook ? Are you feeling okay ?” I ask, curious about how he would talk this time.

“I’m fine. It’s all thanks to Taehyung.” He replies, his voice quite normal. It isn’t trembling or anything nor is he crying this time.

“I’m glad.” I reply, smiling widely at him.

“Taehyung-ah, can you give me the thing please ?” Jungkook soflty asks Tae. Tae nods and hands him a little box filled with what seems like pills.

“Are you sick Jungkook ?” I ask.

“Um, kinda. I need to take some medication for my health. Yoongi too.” He answers and I nod. He gives one pill to Yoongi who’s still intently staring at Hoseok. They swallow them with water and then I notice that they don’t have a trail.

“Aren’t you going to eat guys ?” I ask. “Taehyung too ?”

“Well, I just came to say hi, we have things to do.” Taehyung answers, seeming unseasy.

“Family issues ?” I ask and he nods.

“Anyway, we gotta go, we’ll see you tomorrow.” Taehyung says, getting up and waving to us, as well as Jungkook and Yoongi.

"This Yoongi is so creepy oh my gosh. He makes me very uncomfortable." Hoseok tells me.

"I think he's very interested in you." I reply.

"I think I don't want him to be close to me. Let's finish our lunch and go out, I want to take some fresh air." He states and I nod.

 

Author POV

At Jungkook's home

"Babe ! We're here !" Taehyung shouts as he enters the house.

"Coming Tae-Tae !" Jin shouts back. Some seconds later, all three boys see Jin running down the stairs to welcome them. “So, what happened ? Did it happen to the both of you ?” he immediately asks.

“Yes. Jungkook had an emotional breakdown as Yoongi fainted.” Taehyung explains.

“Really ? Wow, I fainted too when it happened to me ! But an emotional breakdown ?” Jin asks, turning to Jungkook.

“Yeah. I don’t know why but I began crying non-stop. When he touched me I stopped crying but that’s it.” Jungkook explains.

“That’s weird. I should research on this.” Jin says and turns to Taehyung. “Tae-Tae, hug me, I missed you so much.” He whines, making grabby hands at Taehyung. Taehyung giggles and goes to hug his mate.

“I missed you too hyung~” Taehyung whines and Yoongi and Jungkook decide to give them some space.

They go up to Jungkook’s room and lie down on his bed, both facing the ceiling.

“So… This Jimin, right ?” Yoongi asks Jungkook.

“Yeah… And Hoseok ?” Jungkook asks back.

“Yeah…”

“What are we going to do ? We can’t take the pills every hour. We have to learn how to control ourselves.” Jungkook says.

“Yes. I still hear my heart beating and it is really loud.” Yoongi states.

“We have to read the book. I mean, you have to because I know it by heart.” Jungkook teases Yoongi.

“Nerd.” Yoongi replies.

“Not my fault I prepared myself in advance. But we should do those exercices they talk about in the book.” Jungkook states, standing up.

“Which ones?” Yoongi asks, sitting up as well.

“There are some breathing exercices to do.” Jungkook says, taking the book from one of the shelves. He comes back to Yoongi’s side and opens the book. “Here. So, we have to inhale for 5 seconds and exhale for 10 while thinking of our mate to try steadying our heartbeat. We have to think of our mates so we know if it works or not.” Jungkook explains.

“And if it doesn’t?” Yoongi asks.

“We have to do it until it works.” Yoongi sighs.

So they begin to do it. They sit next to each other, close their eyes and as they picture their mate’s face, they begin to inhale. Both begin to tremble as they feel their hearts beat hard against their chest. They exhale and tears fall from Jungkook’s eyes as Yoongi just whines in pain. Somehow, they hold hands, trying to support the other. They go on breathing, feeling their hearts beat more slowly and the sound of it lessening every few minute. After 30 minutes of breathing, they stop and open their eyes, looking at each other.

“It worked.” Yoongi state.

“It did.”

“Is their something else to do?”

“No. But they say that in the first weeks, our hearts can begin to beat as hard as the first time and if it happens, we should do this same exercice.” Jungkook explains.

“Okay. Let’s hope it won’t happen again.” Yoongi states and Jungkook nods.

Just then, Jin enters the room.

“Jungkookie, I searched the crying thing and I’m afraid to tell you that I haven’t found anything about it. I just found that it’s very uncommon to cry when you find your mate.” He says.

“It’s okay, I’m sure it’s nothing.” Jungkook replies.

“Anyway, what were you doing?” the older asks.

“We were doing the breathing exercice to eaven our heartbeats.” The youngest says.

“I suppose it worked or you’d still be doing it, right?”

“Yeah. It took quite some time though. Thirthy minutes. Is it normal?” Yoongi asks.

“There’s nothing to worry about. It took me a whole hour when I met Taehyungie. The most important thing is to be in control of your heart and emotions. You can’t keep on taking the pills and even though it’s only the first day, it’s better to begin now instead of waiting a week or two.” Jin explains.

“Right. Hyung, I’m hungry, can I go eat something?” Jungkook asks, making his best doe eyes.

“Alright. But don’t eat too much!”

When Jungkook is out of the room, Yoongi turns to Jin.

“You lied to him about the crying thing, right? Why?”

“What I found isn’t good.” Jin replies.

“What is it?” Yoongi asks, worried.

“When you find your mate, you’re supposed to faint or feel dizzy at least. But if you cry it means that you’ll suffer a lot to get with your mate and/or because of your mate.”

“Seriously? And why didn’t you tell him? He needs to know!” Yoongi complains.

“No. Not now at least. He just met him, I want him to enjoy the thrill of it while he can.”

“If he can. We don’t know when the universe decided to everything up. I’ll try to act as if I don’t know anything but I can’t promise anything, okay?” Yoongi states.

“I know. Thank you though. I only have one baby brother, I want to protect him the best that I can. He’s all I have apart from Tae.”


Author's Note :

How are you all doing ? I hope you liked this chapter !!

I am very sorry to update so late and I'm even more sorry to tell you that I probably won't be updating it before long because I have other stories going on...

Anyway, the plot is going to thickens a bit, I'll add some angst so be ready i guess?

I'd love for you to comment and tell me what you thought of the chapter and what are your thoughts about the way I write. Should I only stay in author pov or switch from time to time to character pov ?

Take care of yourselves and until next time !!

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3