Chapter 3

Heartless

Jimin POV

The next morning

"Yesterday, I heard that two students will be transferring today. Have you heard of it Hobi ?" I ask Hoseok who's walking silently beside me.

"Yeah I heard that too. I hope that neither of them will be in my class." He states.

"Why ? I'd love it ! It would be a good opportunity for me to make a new friend and maybe more !" I exclaim.

"Jimin you should really stop with this. Every guy you see is a potential boyfriend and every time, you fall in, head first. Or more heart first and that's why you're always hurt when it ends." Hoseok says, visibly annoyed.

I can't say that I'm not hurt by his words.  But really, is it my fault that I'm so inclined to fall in love ? I mean, okay, maybe it's my fault for finding every single guy attractive but if I don't get in a relationship now, how will I be able to when I go to college ? Apparently, my eyes gave everything away because Hoseok stopped and looked at me.

"I'm sorry Chim. I didn't want to hurt you but really, I can't bear seeing you get hurt anymore. I just want you to find someone who loves you and treats you the way you deserve to be treated." He says. I smile.

"I know Hobi. I feel the same for you. I want you to find someone who treasures you, not like that ." I say, bitter.

Hoseok sadly smiles at me and I took his hand, squeezing it a little.

He's been my best friend since kindergarten and what he went through almost broke him. If I haven't been there for him, I don't know what could have happened. He went out with a college student last year. They lasted a bit more than one year and one night while his boyfriend was at a party, he made out with a girl. Everyone had token pictures of the scene and posted them on social medias. The next day when Hoseok went on Instagram, he saw all the pictures and went to ask some explanations from his boyfriend. The latter claimed that he was drunk, that it was a mistake but Hoseok didn't buy it. He broke up even though he still liked him. Hoseok has said that he couldn't trust him anymore and fell into depression. He stopped eating, going out, laughing, he all in all stopped living. I bore this for about two weeks and then made him come back to his senses. I told him that it wasn't the end of the world because he still was young and had a lot of time to find a man worthy of him. He slowly understood that he was worth everything in the world and almost came back to his old self. Almost. He had given up on love but I know that there was one guy out there that was perfect for him. He just needed to wait.

"Thanks buddy. Let's go now !" He exclaims and drags me behind him.

"Oh, Taemin sunbae !" I exclaim as we stop in front of Taemin and his friends.

"Jiminie ! How are you ? How was your week-end ?" He asks me, ruffling my hair.

"Great. How was yours sunbae ?" I ask and he frowns.

"I told you to call me hyung, Jiminie. But my week-end was okay. I met with Kai yesterday and as we were walking in the park near his house, his father saw us. I panicked and quickly let go of his hand when his father stopped in front of us. I thought he was going to slap me or something but he smiled and asked me to stay for dinner. It was very nice to spend the evening with Kai's family. But at one moment, his mother said she was glad that he “was able to heat up to me”... I didn’t understand but Kai told me that he has always been distant with people. So I’m happy that we’re official now.” Taemin explains.

"That's great for you hyung ! I know how complicated it must have been all this time so I'm very happy for you !" I say, smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks Jiminie ! Now we better go in or we'll all be late ! Hi Hoseok-ah !" Taemin greets Hoseok.

"Hi sunbae. That's great that you've been accepted in Kai's family. I’m really happy for you." Hoseok replies, smiling lightly at Taemin.

“Thanks.” Taemin replies and then Kai appears and drags his boyfriend behind him.

“They’re so cute, don’t you think Hobi ?” I say. Hoseok looks a bit sad and I can understand why but I try to cheer him up.

“You don’t want me to tickle you, do you ?” I say, slowly getting my hands near his belly. He protects himself and smiles.

“Please Jiminie, you know I love you, right ? I love you, please don’t do this…” he pleads and I stop.

“Okay. Now let’s go or we’re really going to be late.”

 

Jungkook POV

I am waiting in front of the classroom, in a messy excuse of a line with all my classmates. I look around, in hope to maybe spot a teacher but come face to face with a mop of blonde hair. I don’t focus on it and keep on looking around when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look down and am met with those blonde hair again. The boy in front of me looks up at me and I’m frozen. Suddenly, the air is knocked out of my lungs. I feel dizzy and I hear a loud unstopping thud in my head. I close my ears and try to breathe. I fall on the floor and hear a soft voice saying ‘Hey, what’s wrong ?’. I try breathing to answer the question but can’t. Then, I feel something hot streaming down my cheeks. I bring one of my hands to my face and see what seems like droplets on water on my fingers. I realise that I must be crying if I make reference to the book I read yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. Tears don’t stop and I’m back to closing my ears, still unable to breathe normally when everything suddenly stops.

“Are you okay ?” the blonde haired boy asks, his right hand on my shoulder. I shake my head, still trembling by this horrible experience.

“What’s happening ?” I hear a deep voice shouting. I hear footsteps coming closer and stopping just in front of me.

“He seems to be ill.” The blonde boy states.

“I suppose so, he’s lying on the floor. Boy, can you stand up ?” he asks me and I shake my head. “Okay. Let me call the nurse. Jimin, you’ll be going with him.” The man says.

“Yes, Mr Do.” The blonde guy -apparently names Jimin- replies.

About 10 minutes later, I’m lying in a bed, while a guy is seated beside my bed, looking at me strangely.

“Are you okay ?” he asks. He has a soft voice, which I find beautiful. I nod and he frowns.

“Why aren’t you talking ? You can’t talk ?” he asks again and I shake my head.

“If you can talk then why aren’t you talking ?” I give him what I hope is a smile and point to my throat. He tilt his head at the right, pouting.

“I don’t understand.” He states and I sigh. I open my mouth, letting out a surprisingly shaky breath. I clear my voice and tries to speak.

“I can’t-” I begin but find myself crying. The tears flow without stopping and the guy in front of me begins to panic.

“W-what ? Why are you crying ? Don’t cry, everything’s okay, are you still in pain ? Stop crying, please.” He tells me and holds my hand. Suddenly, the tears stop and he looks at me, surprised.

He frowns and let go of my hand. Tears flow again. He holds my hand once again and they stop. He smiles.

“What the hell ? Do you need comfort ?” he jokes. I look at him.

“What’s your name ?” I ask.

“I’m Park Jimin. I’m your classmate.” He replies. “ Who are you ?”

“I’m a new student here. My name is Jeon Jungkook.” I answer and just when he’s going to say something, the door to the nurse’s office opens.

I look and see a guy holding someone in his arms. I notice grey hair and sit up.

“Hey. Who are you ? What have you done to Yoongi ?” I ask, standing up and getting closer to the guy.

“I haven’t done nothing to him. He bumped into me and as I was about to apologize, he fell to the floor nd next thing I know is that he fainted. What the hell ?” The guy say as he makes Yoongi lay in the bed in front of him.

“Do you know him Jungkook ?” Jimin asks me.

“He’s Min Yoongi, my best friend.” I answer.

“Is he always this sensible ? We only met eyes and he fainted.” The guy says and I sit beside Yoongi.

“Yoongs, you have to wake up soon. I know you’re tired but I have something very important to tell you.” I tell Yoongi, ignoring the other boy.

“Wow, he’s such a great guy.” He scoffs and I glare at him. “Calm down. Who are you by the way ? and I mean both of you.” He says.

“We’re transfer students. We transferred today and I hope you’ll take care of us.” I stand up and bow to the guy and Jimin. “My name is Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you.” I say, extending my hand.

The guy and Jimin look at each other and Jimin slowly extends his own hand and shakes mine. We share an eye contact and I feel my body heat up at the intense gaze he’s giving me.


Author's Note :

Here you go with the third chapter^^

It's very short too, I know, but please bear with me, I have lot of work T_T

I hope you liked the encounter between Jimin and Jungkook lol let's see how it'll go on from now ;-)

Let me know what you thought of it, I'm very curious~

As ever, subscribe if you haven't and if you think it deserve an upvote don't hesitate^^

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3