Chapter 8

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Min’s pov

It was early in the morning when I went downstairs and looked around. I didn’t see Jongin’s mother there and his father was probably still on business trip. I put my shoes on and took a jacket from hanger.

“Jae Min? Are you going somewhere?”

I looked at Kai’s mother and bowed. “I’m going back to my flat. I need to take some things and go to work.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. The moving company is there taking your things.”

“What? Why?”

“Because it’s dangerous for you to go there. You will stay here for few days and then you’ll go to your new flat. All your things will be there.”

“Oh, but… you didn’t have to do it. I am so sorry for troubling you…”

“You’re not troubling us at all. We’re doing it because we want to help you and our son. Me and my husband will do everything it takes to protect you. So will Jongin. And also… you shouldn’t go back to work. You never know where reporters might be waiting for you.”

“But I need to work. I need to make money for living.”

“We will take care of you—“

“No. I’m really thankful for everything you’ve done for me but… I can’t accept this. I will go back to work right after I move into my new home, so I wouldn’t bring reporters here.”

“But what if they find out where you live? It will be the same as before…”

“I will try to be careful so they won’t find out.”

“Hmm. Then let me help you with one last thing,” she smiled and took my hand in hers.

 

Kai’s pov

“So, she’s with your parents now?”

“Yes.”

“And moving company is moving her things to new flat.”

“Yes.”

CEO was sitting on his chair, looking at me with curious eyes. “So you really like her… when you’re doing all this for her.”

“I really do.”

“Okay, I got it. There’s probably no way how to persuade you to leave her. Okay. But you’re aware of fact that it will be hard even if the company will be on your side. When those photos of you two will come out… it will be fight. So before that happens, I’d like to meet her. I need to know who I am fighting for.”

I gulped. Bringing Jae Min there? Was it a good idea? “When should she come?”

“As soon as possible. Today would be good.”

“Okay, I’ll go to pick her up as soon as I finish my schedule. I have a photoshoot today.”

“Right, let’s do it this way.”

I stood up and bowed. “Thank you.”

CEO didn’t say anything just watched me.

“I will leave then. I need to go to prepare for photoshoot,” I said and went to the door.

“You still have time to re-think it, you know. Until you bring her here…”

I smiled and looked back at him. “I don’t think there’s anything to re-think,” I said and left his office.

 

The photoshoot finished and I left to get Jae Min.

I used the “secret” path and went through the back yard. Reporters could be waiting in the front of the house so this was safer. I looked through the window and knocked as I saw mum siting on the sofa.

“Oh, Jongin, you’re here? I didn’t know you were coming,” she said and let me in.

“I need Jae Min to go somewhere with me. Where is she?”

“In your room, changing. We just got home after shopping today.”

“Shopping?” I asked with rose eyebrow.

“Yes. We bought some new clothes for her and… Well, you’ll see.”

I sighed. “I hope no one saw you.”

“I don’t think so… we went outside of Seoul.”

I didn’t say anything and went upstairs and knocked on the door. “Jae Min? Can I come in?”

“J-Jongin? I’m… ehm… I think so.”

I opened the door and gasped. She was wearing short black dress. Her hairstyle was different and she had dyed hair. Also the make-up looked really good. She blushed and looked away as I was standing there speechless.

“I look weird, right? I tried to stop your mum but—“

“No, you look… great,” I said and couldn’t take my eyes off her.

“You think so? I don’t know…”

It was hard to concentrate and I almost forgot what I came there for.

“We… We need to go somewhere. But I think you should change into something more… ehm…”

“I understand,” she smiled.

“O-Okay, I’ll wait outside,” I said and left the doom. I leaned on the wall with my back and took a deep breath. She would catch too much attention with this look…

“I’m done,” she said and walked out of the room. Jeans and top. Casual but still looked good on her.

“Okay, let’s go then.”

We were on our way to the company. “Where are we going?”

“To SM.”

“What? Why?”

“CEO wants to see you.”

I peeked at her and saw her worried face.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be okay. I’ll be there with you,” I said and my phone rang. “Hello?”

“Jongin? It’s me. Let’s meet somewhere else. Meeting in the company might be dangerous. I’ll send you a location.”

“Okay, I got it.”

I hang up and looked at the location that CEO sent me.

“Who was it?”

“CEO. He wants us to meet somewhere else.”

 

 

We entered the building and the man lead us down the stairs to the private room where CEO was waiting already.

I like you. And there’s nothing you could say wrong. Just tell the truth and it will be okay.”

 “You’re here,” he said and stood up.

“Yes. This is Kim Jae Min, my girlfriend,” I said and Jae Min bowed.

“Nice to meet you,” she said and CEO told us to sit down.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter