Chapter 7

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Min’s pov

I woke up. It was still a night. The room was dark and quiet. I was shocked when I realised someone was beside me, but I quickly remembered who it was. I leaned closer to him and watched him sleeping. His face was enlightened in the moonlight. I reached my hand to him and gently touched his cheek. Everything seemed so peaceful at that moment. But outside of that bubble, our relationship was much more complicated. I wished we were just a normal couple, enjoying life without reporters and other curious people. But the reality was different and I had no idea how to deal with it. Jongin wanted me to stay by his side and I wanted the same despite the fear of what the future would bring us…

 

When I woke up in the morning, Kai wasn’t there anymore. I got ready and left to the work.

 

Hyun Suk came shortly before lunch break so he stayed and we ate together.

“Aren’t you working today?”

“I’m starting in two hours, so I thought I would come and see you.”

“That’s nice of you.”

“I can come more often if it makes you happy.”

“It’s okay. I don’t want to trouble you. Occasionally is fine.”

“But I like to see you too,” he smiled and sip from his coffee.

I didn’t know what to say, so I just bite into the sandwich.

“It’s a shame you’re taken.”

I coughed from the shock.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. I was just… surprised. I’m not used to this kind of teasing.”

He laughed I bit. “And how is it going? Between you two, I mean.”

I was looking at him surprised.

“Oh, you don’t have to answer. Sorry, I shouldn’t ask you such a personal things.”

“No, it’s okay, don’t worry. Hmm… to be honest, it’s a bit hard now… Reporters are following us and I’m worried that it’ll affect Jongin and Exo.”

“Well, you’re dating an idol. Of course it’s hard. You two look quite tired these days… Anyway, I hope you can be happy soon. Both of you. Oh, I have to go now. I need to stop by the shop on way to hospital,” he stood up and smiled at me. “It was nice to see you, Jae Min.”

With that he left. I wish his words would come true. I wanted to be happy with Jongin.

 

Kai’s pov

We were eating lunch in a practise room when door opened.

“Kim Jongin!”

I looked at our manager standing there with strict and angry look on his face.

“Come with me,” he hissed. I stood up and followed him.

He stopped in the middle of the corridor and so did I.

“Why? Why did you have to do this?” I had no idea what was he talking about so I was quiet. “CEO is pissed off. You have a big problem, Kim Jongin. This time you crossed the line. Go to CEO’s office, he’s waiting for you.”

I did as he told me. What happened? I was in CEO’s office yesterday and he saw pretty much everything on those pictures. What else is there to make him even angrier?

I knocked and went in. CEO was sitting and holding his head.

“I heard you wanted to talk to me.”

He looked at me with angry face. “Have you lost your mind? Were those pictures from yesterday not enough?”

Someone saw me going to Jae Min’s house yesterday? But that means there are no pictures of us together.

I took the envelope and looked at what was inside. Photo of me going in with the exact time and the same one when I was leaving early in the morning. So they plan to make an article about me staying the night there? But it was not the worst thing. Other picture was me kissing Jae Min while she was asleep. I gulped and looked at another one. Me caring Jae Min in arms and entering bedroom.

I was filled with anger.

“How could you be so stupid? I told you to break up with her and never meet her again but what? You went to her flat instead and spent the night with her?!”

“They can’t publish this.”

“But they will! Don’t you understand?! They’re going to publish it unless you break up with her!”

“Huh? So they’re blackmailing us? Blackmailing me? If they publish these photos from her flat, then I’ll sue them. No, I’ll sue them right away. How could they go to her flat and install cameras there? And they’re even blackmailing me? These are crimes!”

“Even if they won’t publish photos from her flat, they will publish those of you coming there and leaving. So it’s still going to be about you spending the night there. It will ruin your image!”

I sighed angrily. “Nothing happed.”

“I’m not so sure after looking at these pictures. And people would see it the way it’ll be presented in the article.”

“I’m telling you, nothing happened. I’m not that stupid.”

“Why didn’t you just break up with her as I told you?”

“I told you I can’t.”

“These people won’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter