Chapter 11

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few hours passed, and we were still Hyun Suk’s hostages. I was hungry, thirsty, cold, scared and hurt. He took my jacket and that room was probably somewhere in the basement, so it was cold. I prayed someone would find us there because this guy was crazy, and I didn’t know what to expect from him anymore.

The nurse beside me was asleep. She must have been really exhausted when she could fall asleep in this situation.

I shivered. My body was in pain. What if no one will find us? Will we die here?

I quickly shook off those thoughts and tried to think about something nice. My memories with Jongin. I imagined his warm hugs and his voice saying that everything will be alright.

But wait… I was calling with him right before I coughed a nurse. He knew I was trying to get her, but I suddenly cancelled the call. Did he call me back? Does he know something happened?

I looked at my trousers’ pockets. I didn’t have a phone. Maybe it’s in the jacket…

Suddenly the door behind me opened and I froze. The steps walked around me and stopped in front of me. I gulped. He sat down on the chair in front of me and looked at me, smiling.

I wanted to kick him and beat him, but I couldn’t. I was just looking at him expressionless. I got a plan. I put a sad, innocent face on and looked right in his eyes.

“I’m cold,” I whined. His smile disappeared, and he looked worried.

“Oh, really? Sorry. I’ll bring you your jacket,” he said and left.

Suddenly I felt a jacket on my shoulders. “Here you go.”

“Thank you,” I said slowly even though I didn’t want to say those words to him. The door closed, and I didn’t hear any steps. I sighed and turn my head to look at the pocket. It looked empty and so did the other one.

“It’s not there,” said a voice right into my ear and I jumped. I thought he left the room. “You’re looking for this, right?”

He showed me my phone and I gritted my teeth.

“Sorry, but I can’t give it to you,” he grinned. “I can’t let you call someone here. It would be him, right? I don’t want to see him,” he said and sat on the chair.

“Why do you hate him so much?”

“Why? Because he gets everything so easily. He has money, fame… and you. You’re the main reason I’m doing this.” His words made me angry, but I couldn’t show it. Jongin didn’t get anything easily. This guy had it all wrong.

“We were friends, Hyun Suk. You were important to me.”

“Friends? Important? You didn’t care about me. It was always me who came to you. And I wanted to be more than just your friend.”

“I had no idea you felt this way. When did it start?” I asked not because I was interested in the answer, but I tried to get some time. He won’t do anything to us when we’re talking, right?

“It was love for the first sight for me. I was trying my best as a therapist to help you, so we could be together later, but you couldn’t care less about that. All you thought about was him. I was so stupid, right? To think you would come to me one day…”

“I’m sorry.”

“You are?” he asked and came closer. His face was at the same level as mine. “Then prove it.”

My heart was beating wildly. I had no idea what was going on in his mind.

“How?”

“How? That’s simple. Become mine. We’ll run together somewhere far away, and I promise nothing will happen to you, her and he will also have more peaceful life. How about it?”

He leaned closer. I turned my head away and closed my eyes tightly. His breath tickled me on neck and I shivered.  

“Is this your answer? Okay,” he said and went to the nurse. She was awake and looked at me with worried eyes. He took her chair and pull it away from the room.

“No! Please, no! Stop it!” She was shouting.

“No! Hyun Suk! Leave her!” I shouted but it was useless. I heard her screaming but then one loud crash and she was quiet.

I froze. Tears started to flow from my eyes and I felt sick. I had no idea what he did to her. Did he just hit her, and she was unconscious or did he… killer her?

I heard his footsteps coming closer.

“This is what you get for the wrong answer.”

He was wiping his hands with the tissue. Then he threw it on the floor and I noticed it was bloody. I quickly looked away to prevent myself from vomiting.

“Now, what should I do with you? I don’t really want to hurt you. I still like you, you know? It’s stupid, but I still do like you.” He touched my face and trace my jaw line, down to neck. Then I felt his fingers on my mouth. I gritted my teeth. I had no other choice but to endure it. I was too scared to protest.

I felt his lips on my cheek. I bit my lip. His lips were coming closer to mine and when they we almost touching, I turned my head away and screamed.

“Stop it!”

“Why can’t it be me? Why?!”

“Because you’re disgusting! You’re worse than animal!”

“You didn’t want me even when I was nice!”

“Because I only liked you as a friend! Nothing more!”

He was looking at me for few seconds before he kicked my chair and I fell. Then he grabbed me and pulled me up so I was sitting again. He was shouting all the time but I didn’t understand what he was saying. I was dizzy, scared and his words just came to me from distance. My sighed cleared up and I saw his face right in front of mine.

“I won’t let anyone have you!” he shouted.

“Help!” I screamed but he grabbed my neck and choke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter