Last Chapter

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up late in the morning. The place on bed where Jongin slept was empty. I turned around and noticed him sitting on bed next to me, smiling.

“Good morning,” he said and put hair from my forehead away.

I sat on bed, covering myself with a blanket. “What time is it?”

“11am.”

“What? It’s so late? You should’ve woke me up,” I panicked, for no reason.

“Why would I wake you up? There’s nothing you need to do and I wanted you to have a proper rest.”

I sighed and rubbed my face. Jongin giggled and tapped my head.

“Take your time getting ready. I’m going to finish cooking,” he smiled and left the room.

 

Kai’s pov

I placed the food on the table when Jae Min came down.

“Hmm, it looks good,” she said and sat opposite me.

“I’m not sure if it will taste as good. I’m not good at cooking,” I said and watched her trying the first spoon.

She looked at me surprised. “It’s nice. Maybe a little bit of salt would be good but it’s tasty.”

I smiled happily and started to eat.

 

I’ve put away the last small plate and turned to Jae Min. She was wiping the kitchen desk. I walked to her and hugged her from behind. It felt like a dream to be married to her.

I kissed her neck and she shivered.

“I need to finish this,” she wined.

“I think it’s clean now,” I said, turned her around and kissed her. It seemed like I couldn’t get enough of her.

 

It was late in the evening and we were watching TV. When I heard a report about our marriage, I changed a channel. I was trying to avoid those reports about us. I knew fans were angry, I didn’t need to hear about it and stress myself even more.

“Are you tired?” I asked Jae Min as I her head.

“Not really.”

“Would you like to go somewhere?”

She looked at me surprised. “Now? Isn’t it late?”

“I don’t think so.”

“And where will we go?”

“You’ll see.”

 

“Wow, it’s been a long time, wasn’t’ it?” she asked once we’ve got to Seoul Tower.

“Yes, it was.”

We were looking around for a moment. There were just a few people except for us, but they didn’t seem to care about us or recognise us.

I took down the pendant from my neck and held it my hand.

“I don’t think we need this anymore,” I said and Jae Min looked at the key and then at me.

“What is it?”

“It’s a key from the lock I’ve put here that time when we were here.”

“I see. Are you going to throw it away?”

I nodded and took the key off of the chain. “Do you want to do it?”

Jae Min took the key and threw it away. “Now that lock will stay locked forever,” she said and smiled.

I hugged her from behind and we watched the Seoul.

 

Jae Min handed me a bouquet of flowers as we got off the car. We walked for few minutes until we reached the grave of her parents. I’ve put a bouquet there and bowed.

“Hello, mother, father. I’m sorry I didn’t came earlier to greet you. I married Jae Min and I will take a good care of her so you don’t have to worry.”

Jae Min put her hand in mine and rested her head on my shoulder. “Mum, dad, I’m really happy now. You don’t have to worry about me anymore so you can rest in peace. I love you both,” she said and tears dropped from her eyes.

We stayed there for a moment and then went to the near beach.

“It’s nice to be back,” said Jae Min and took a deep breath.

“Yes. It’s been a while…”

“Do you remember how we ran around here?”

“Of course.”

“Should we do it again? To see who’s really faster?” she teased me and I laughed.

“Let’s do it then. Three, two, one… go!” I counted but Jae Min started to run before I finished. “Hey! You’re cheating again!”

I run after her and once I caught her up, grabbed her around the waist and lifted up. She screamed and laughed in the same time. I put her on the ground and held tightly in my arms.

“How should l punish you for cheating?”

“Hmm… I admit my lost and the fact that you’re faster.”

“I don’t think that’s good enough,” I and narrowed my eyes.

“Do you have any other idea?”

“I think I have one good one,” I said and kissed her. She was clearly enjoying that kind of a punishment way too much.

 

 

We were on our honeymoon in France. We were in small village to avoid any French fans. We met some on the airport but besides that, we had a peaceful and nice time together. I couldn’t tell who was happier. My wife, who was excited by the fact she was abroad and adored every single detail there, or me, who just enjoyed being with her.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Jae Min’s pov

I came home from work late and started to make dinner. Exo filmed a new music video so I was expecting Jongin to come late in the night. I finished cooking and went to wash myself. I was hungry so I ate a dinner and went to do the laundry. When I finished I lied on the sofa and fell asleep.

I opened my eyes as someone touched my cheek. Jongin smiled at me tiringly.

“You’re home,” I said and sat up.

“Yes. You should go to bed or your neck will hurt if you stay here.”

I rubbed my eyes and nodded. “Dinner’s in the kitchen if you’re hungry.”

“Thank you,” he said and gave me a peck on lips.

I went to the bedroom and changed into the pyjama. I couldn’t fall asleep again so I took a book and read.

Jongin came in and looked at me surprised. “I thought you were sleeping.”

“I couldn’t fall asleep anymore, so I’m reading to get tired again.”

“Oh, okay. I’m going to have a shower.”

I watched him getting a towel from the wardrobe and I couldn’t stop smiling. I was fangirling over his look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter