Chapter 12

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday and we had no schedule, so I went to the practise room and when I finished, I went to the buy Jae Min a special friend.

I rang the bell and waited for her to open the door.

“Jongin? I didn’t know you were coming today,” she said and let me in.

I smiled and kissed her on forehead. “I wanted to see you. And give you this.” I gave her the box and watched her as she was opening it.

“Goodness, it’s a kitty!” she screamed happily and took it to her hands.

I couldn’t help myself but to smile as I watched her playing with it happily.

“You can give it a name.”

“Hmm… I’ll have to think about it then. I’m not good with names.”

“Take your time. Anyway, here you have things like bowls for it and stuff, so you don’t have to worry about that.”

She looked at me and smiled. “Thank you, Jongin. I love it.”

I sat on the floor next to her. “You’re welcome. I just thought it would be nice for you to have some company here.”

“It was a great idea. I love cats. And is it a girl or a boy?”

“A girl, of course. I would be jealous if it was a boy,” I , and she laughed.

“Yeah, sure.”

She caressed the little cat since it was a bit scared of new people and new place. But few minutes later it was friendlier, and Jae Min was totally cute while playing with it. Out of the blue, I imagined her playing with a baby and this imagination gave me butterflies in stomach. She would be a great, loving and caring mother.

I hugged her from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder.

 

As time passed by, things calmed down a little bit. We were no longer blackmailed, and even though reporters still paid attention to us, it wasn’t as bad as before. We could finally breathe a bit. And fans seemed to accept my relationship although there were still some exceptions. I could return to TV shows, concerts and do my schedule fully without bigger problems.

Jae Min was still not fully okay after what happened to her. I saw her tired lots of times and even though she didn’t say it, I knew she was having nightmares with him, and then was too afraid to sleep again. I could just hope that nightmares would disappear soon, since there was nothing else I could do to help her.

 

It was cold outside, so we weren’t that suspicious when we were masked. Every time I was free after my busy schedule, we went on dates or just stayed at her place and watched movies and stuff.

My parents invited us for lunch or dinner from time to time since they wanted to see both of us. My mum, especially, considered Jae Min as her daughter-in-law already, which made me happy but nervous at the same time. When mum mentioned wedding and grandchildren, I panicked and blushed. We never talked about these things with Jae Min and it wasn’t that easy from the point of my job. We didn’t want to rush anything especially when things just calmed down.

 

I was at home resting on the sofa after a busy schedule. Chanyeol beside me the TV and put on drama he was singing OST to. D.O and Lay were cooking, Sehun and Suho were playing with Sehun’s dog Vivi, Beakhyun and Xiumin were playing computer games and shouted every time they won or lost, and Chen was watching TV with us. It was long since we all met like that.

“Be quiet you two, he’s proposing!” shouted Chanyeol at Baekhyun and Xuimin.

I looked from my mobile phone at the TV and watched the guy proposing. I gulped. Why do I see and hear about these things lately?

“Not again…” I mumbled to myself but Chanyeol heard it.

“Not again? Why? Have you watched it somewhere else recently or…?” he stopped and looked at me with those big eyes.

“What?” I asked and frowned.

“You’re not hiding anything from us, are you?”

I felt others’ eyes on me. “What would I hide? What are you talking about?” I asked a bit annoyed.

“Well, you were just annoyed by the proposal. And you’re red now,” he said and hit my shoulder with fist.

I sighed. “No, I’m not proposing or anything, so chill, Chanyeol.”

“But you’re thinking about it,” he almost whispered.

I just rolled my eyes and started to play on my phone. Even if I was thinking about it, and even if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter