Guilty

sun-kissed peach

It wasn't supposed to happen that way. They were supposed to help each other out starting with Luhan trying to set off the alarms and then, Jongin teleporting to the other side of the facility where they had the cells' controllers and it worked! It had! But now Sehun was staring at the guards from the side of one of the many trees as they drag Yixing away and he wished he had helped but he froze. His legs wouldn't work even if his mind was yelling at him to move but he was down a spell, his cheeks were soon covered with tears as sobs struck his lean body.

 

"Sehun? Sehun!" the so-called boy turns around and looks up at Minseok, the leader of his team. "Where's Yixing? Is he with you?"

"He- I- I'm sorry, Minseok hyung!" Sehun cries harder as he crumbles next to the tree where Yixing was hours ago leaning to. 

"They took him?" Minseok asks, voice full of anger and hate. "Answer me, Sehun!"

"They did!" Sehun yells and the wind picks up around them as thunder resounds through the whole forest. "It's my fault!" 

Minseok sighs and takes Sehun's body closer to his trying to calm him down before the storm would turn into something worst and in their situation, it wouldn't be good to be walking in the forest with almost a hurricane above them. 

But his eyes look back at the facility, Yixing's dimpled smile tattooing itself in his mind as he promises he'll go back for him, back for their friend.

 

 

"Where's Yixing?" Junmyeon asks, eyes looking pass the pair of tired boys but their leader isn't having that at all. "I said where-"

"He was taken, Junmyeon." Minseok answers as he settles next to Jongdae and Kyungsoo leaving Sehun to find a place to sit. "Sehun couldn't save him on time"

Junmyeon gazes at the faded lights of the facility and sighs, "we need to leave"

"But Junmyeon-"

"We can't go back in this state, Jongin can barely teleport us one more time and Chanyeol was shot." he interrupts as he stands up and looks at everyone in the eye "but we'll be back"

 

 

10 years later

 

Yifan looks up and lowly mutters, "Junmyeon, I'm leaving" 

"What?" Junmyeon musters to stutter, surprise and worry edges on his face. "Why?"

"I need to find him, I can't live without knowing how he is if he-"

"Yifan, we were kids! He probably has-"

"That's exactly why I need to find him! He was a kid and he needs to know more than white walls and cold eyes! He deserves to live just like we did!" Yifan yells and slams his hands on the table and the rest of the members look at them. "What? Haven't you think of it, Junmyeon?"

"Yifan, we have talked about this, you know I-"

"But talking won't arrange , I need-"

"You going alone won't help, Wu Yifan, you'll only get hurt out there" Junmyeon spats, venom, and cold colored his usually gentle voice. "I think of Yixing all the time just like you do, just like the others but I have a place to run and a family to support as well as you. You can't just run and try to blindly find him!"

"So your reasoning is to stay here and wait until Yixing dies?" Yifan growls.

"Yes and no, I'm just trying to protect us all. You know how those guys tried to keep our track after escaping, they tried to use-"

"Yixing, I ing know! That's why we should find him! He's been used, Kim Junmyeon! Can't you understand what I'm trying?" and Junmyeon remains silent as his eyes cast low and Yifan sighs, he can't take it anymore. "I'm leaving, I don't care if you say yes or no. I'm leaving to find Yixing and you won't stop me this time."

"You loved Yixing more than a friend, did you?" 

Yifan stops walking and turns around, eyes narrowed at the smaller man. "I did and I still do."

The taller man opens the door and extends his wings, red and purple beautifully blend together on his wings and form a beautiful color only gods could obtain. Luhan stands up and runs over to Yifan. "Don't try to stop me, Luhan, you-"

"I want to go with you, Yifan"

The dragon gasps and looks at Luhan, "you-you want to?"

"I miss him, Fan, he was my best friend" Luhan tries not to cry but his voice trembles at the mere mention of his old friend.

"Fine, let's go" and both left to find their long lost friend.

 

2 years later

 

"Junmyeon, hello?" a low voice aks through the phone as Junmyeon answers, "it's me, Yifan"

The phone falls from his grip as he stares at the fallen phone, Baekhyun asks "Junmyeon, are you okay?"

Baekhyun frowns at the frozen man and picks up the phone for him and answers, "hello? Who is this?"

"Baekhyun, it's you? It's me, Yifan!" the man in the other lines answers immediately "we need help! We found Yixing!"

The light holder frantically nods as his mouth spills yeses, "Baekhyun, listen to me! You need to hurry, we don't have time and Yixing isn't in his best condition right now, please, come"

And the line goes dead.

"Hyung, this isn't time for this! They need our help!"

Junmyeon finally comes back and looks at Baekhyun with determination, "call everyone and get ready"

 

 

"Yixing? Wake up!" Chanyeol gently coaxes the unconscious man inside of the car but to no avail, he doesn't wake up. "Do you think he'll be alright?"

"I don't know," Luhan honestly answers and lovingly gazes at his friend. "he tried to hurt us before I could explain everything to him but he still doubts us, he even tried to make us sick while we were trying to escape!"

"He must really hate us now" Chanyeol sobs, hugging his old fried tighter, he should've- no, they should've returned to him.

 

 

"Yixing, can you hear me?" Kyungsoo gently asks as the man wakes up, "are you-"

"Shut up," Yixing barks as he makes Kyungsoo fall limp on the floor. "don't ever ing touch me again."

"Yixing, are you- Oh my God, Kyungsoo!" Sehun expresses and runs to his unconscious member. "What you did to him?"

The healer shrugs, "He'll wake up soon, he'll be okay so-"

"I missed you so much," Sehun sobs and extends his hand so Yixing could grab it but the man ignored him as he walks past him but before leaving the room, he stops and says: 

"I waited for you, for all of you. I waited years and years, I thought you had forgotten me for a better life but then, those two come to me and tell me they had been looking for me. You know, Sehun," Yixing turns around and smiles at him even though his cheeks were covered with tears. "I know a lie when I hear it."

And he left.

 

 

 

Yixing didn't forgive them for leaving him behind twelve years ago and if he had to be honest, nothing would ever make him forgive them. 

 

"We were going to look for you, Yixing but until we were-"

"Save enough, I know, Junmyeon so I should've waited until I was dead?" Yixing smiles and pulls his bag, finally opening the door to leave this place. "Thank you for saving me but I don't want any of you traitors near me. Not again."

"Yixing, you can't leave us again" Luhan pleads as he goes on his knees and deeply bows, sobs rocking through his small frame "please... you can't leave me again"

The healer feel his cold heart break, "Lu, I-"

"Please" he sobs harder and grabs Yixing's hands "please, don't"

Yixing sighs and stares at his friend, "I know a lie when I hear it but this time, I can't hear yours"