Chapter 6

The Future Wife

Jessica wakes up and freshens up herself before going outside of her room. Unlike her usual days, the shorter girl is nowhere to be seen. Shrugging of her shoulders, she opens her fridge to take a couple of eggs and ham for her breakfast. Once she's done with cooking, she sits down on the dining table and that is when she realises how a yellow pastel coloured post it is attached on the table; it reads:

 

I need to go to China for urgent matters

Don't go to the club too much

Don't keep on seeing all your 'friends'

Don't sleep on the couch because nobody would carry you

Don't miss me too much as well

I'll see you in a week, wife

-your one and only ;)

 

Jessica scoffs at the note but that does not mean that her face does not have a smile on it. She takes the piece of post it and attaches it on her nightstand inside her bedroom. Why does she has this little bit hint of sadness inside her heart that now she knows she won't get to see Taeyeon for a week? Shouldn't she feel happy that she can do whatever she wants to for these few days? That has no longer been the case ever since some time ago; she knows that she has grown too fond of the older girl. A little bit too fond, in fact.

Meanwhile for the older girl, she stares at a particular number on her phone screen as soon as she reaches her hotel room. Her fingers itches to type a text for her future wife just to let her know that she has arrived in China in one piece yet her mind doesn't allow her to do so. It's not like she'd care about you, Taeyeon, she sighs before placing her phone on the nightstand and showers. If only she knew how the younger girl stares into her phone screen expecting someone to tell her about her arrival, Taeyeon would definitely be happy.

She spends her week with meeting investors and some shareholders. She also checks a newly built Kim Corp. branch in Beijing. During her free time, she spends quite some time wondering what souvernir should she buy for her wife. She doesn't want it to be food because it doesn't last forever. She wants something that can remind Jessica of her every single time she sees the item and at the same time, she wants herself to remember why and where she buys the item.

The week felt a little bit too long for the younger girl. On the first day Jessica felt the house sound too quiet despite her liking quietness. The second day, her penthouse felt too spacious for one person. The third day, her back ache because she slept on the couch and nobody carried her to the soft mattress of her bed. The fourth day she spent her night struggling to get home due to her not so sober state. The fifth day, the idol is here inside her penthouse.

"O-oppa, your clothes," Jessica whimpers when Donghae on a spot on her neck, trying to make a hickey. The guy takes off his shirt and throws it to the floor before continues on kissing a spot under the girl's collarbone; she is only clad in her black lace bra and thong. His hand travels to her and gives it a rough squeeze, making her squeal in pain. She knows that he's stressed with work again, especially when he kisses her so roughly by shoving his tongue inside.

Jessica cups his face and stares at his ones that are full of lust. She can't deny it that she starts to get wet down there. Another second has passed as she stares and his face starts to change into someone else - Taeyeon's face. When he smirks, she sees Taeyeon smirking instead and she pushes him.

"W-wait, I don't think-" she stops when she hears how the front foor closes but the guy seems to be too clouded in his lust that he continues on marking her, not caring how Jessica is trying to resist him. "S-stop," she whimpers as she continues on trying to push him away. She is about to tell him to stop again when his body is suddenly thrown away from her.

"She told you to stop," Taeyeon sighs as she takes off her blazer and drapes it on Jessica's almost bare body.

"Yah, don't be such a er," Donghae chuckles as he stands up and pushes the shorter girl with force, making Jessica calls his name as a warning. "She'd choose me over you, midget," he smirks before he smacks her cheek.

"Oppa!" Jessica pushes him before grabbing his clothes and telling him to exit her house. "Get out," she glares at him. "Don't see me again, I don't want someone who's so rough and agressive," she tells him and earns a chuckle.

"Your loss," he smirks at her as he wears his shirt before exiting the penthouse. Just when the door closes, Taeyeon groans in pain.

"Why would you want someone that rough, Sica?" She clenches her jaw as she touches her bruised cheek, it hurts like hell.

"I'll get you an ice pack," Jessica ignores the question and goes to the fridge. Instead of goimg back with an ice pack, she gets a frozen vegetable pack instead. "Sorry, I don't have any ice pack,"

"It's ok, this will do," Taeyeon smiles a bit but she hisses a split second later due to the pain. "He can punch," she chuckles but she clears awakwardly when she realises that the younger girl doesn't even smile.

"You should just let him do whatever he wanted to, he won't-"

"Then why did you tell him to stop?" Taeyeon frowns.

"Because I heard the door closed and I just didn't want you to see me like that," Jessica mutters as she fixes Taeyeon's hair slightly before looking straight into her eyes and she gets a confused look from the latter.

"Don't tell me you start to care about my opinion?" The shorter girl smiles. "You- ah!" she groans in pain when Jessica smacks the frozen vegetable pack on her cheek.

"I just didn't want you to get injured, dummy. I'd be the one who take care of you," Jessica scoffs and she enters her bedroom, unaware that she just leaves Taeyeon with a scowl; the pain was no joke. Taeyeon fixes her position on the couch and she rests her head back and sighs. She wasn't expecting to be greeted like that but at the same time, she also didn't expect that the girl would stop her habit. It turns out that making someone fall in love with her is not that easy. Maybe she's not even into girls, Taeyeon sighs before lying down on the couch, still with the frozen pack on her cheek.

A few seconds after she lies down, she stands up abruptly and she shrieks when she realises something; Jessica must've had on this couch before. I need to tell her to change the couch, oh no, all this time, Taeyeon groans as she walks to her own bedroom. If only she used her mind properly just now, she would be aware of how Jessica’s answer did not answer her question. The older girl was actually correct, the younger one has started to care about her opinion.

Meanwhile for the younger girl, as soon as her bedroom door closes, she takes off Taeyeon’s blazer and puts it on the corner of her bed before she proceeds to take shower. She was more than happy that finally the latter had come back to Seoul but at the same time, she felt annoyed; she hadn’t got her ual release for quite some time.

Under the running water, Jessica starts to wonder why the hell she starts to care about what Taeyeon would think of her. She knows that she didn’t want the older girl to see her having with one of her ‘friends’. Now that her mind has travelled to the word ‘friends’, she just realises how her cycle of friends has shrunk from 3 to 1 and how her clubbing habit has changed a little bit. It can't be that I start to- pshhh, Jessica, of course you care about what she thinks. She's your housemate anyway, she nods her head, trying to assure herself. 

She comes out with a towel on her head, a bathrobe covering her body and she walks to her kitchen to get a drink; feels dry after her mini concert in the toilet. Several seconds after she closes the fridge, she sees how Taeyeon walks out from her bedroom clutching a panda soft toy. She purses her lips into a straight line, who would've thought that Taeyeon likes soft toy? Just when she is about to divert her gaze from the toy, the older girl speaks, "I bought this for you,"

"Me?" Jessica's eyes opens wide in shock, she didn't think that it was for her.

"It reminds me of you," Taeyeon shows the younger girl the face of the panda.

"What?"

"You see its eyes?" The older girl points at the right eye. "The dark circle around its eyes matches with the dark circle under your eyes," she laughs.

"Yah!" The younger girl shouts. " you," she scowls, throwing the now empty soda can inside the trash bin.

"Keep it,"

"Keep it yourself," Jessica hisses. When she is about to walk away, a hand on her wrist stops her.

"I meant no harm, really," Taeyeon mutters softly and fixes her gaze at the architect. "I just want you to sleep earlier everyday so that your dark circles can slowly disappear; I thought this toy would help you to remind yourself everytime you want to go out late at night," she bites her lips when she sees how the latter only raises a single eyebrow. "Well, if you don't want it then I can always give it to-"

"Give it to me," Jessica cuts her and takes the soft toy. "Who were you going to give it to anyway?"

"Sunny," Taeyeon mumbles and earns another eyebrow raise from the other girl. "My best friend slash secretary," she smiles and earns a few nods from the latter.

"Thank you for buying this," the architect smiles back. "Although your reason is not my favorite, wife,"

+++

Taeyeon groans when her phone vibrates continuously. Grabbing her phone, her eyes squint due to the light and she sees that there were multiples missed calls but her thumb pressed on a single text message.

I wanted to surprise you yet I forgot your home address. Pick me up tomorrow from Hilton, Taetae?

Her eyes open wide, there is only one person who calls her 'Taetae'. Tiffany Hwang.

She doesn't believe love at first sight or the fact that love can develop but one thing she believes in is that humans are capable of having a massive adoration to someone.

In her case, she adores Tiffany Hwang. A lot.

Maybe that's the reason she didn't feel so sad when she broke up with her first girlfriend. Maybe that's the reason she didn't try to find someone else after her first girlfriend. Maybe that's the reason she pretended to be too tired to go back to her owm house during her high school years.

She was in Tiffany's arms when she cried.

She was too occupied trying to make her laugh.

She wanted to spend the night cuddling with the older woman.

Tiffany was her beacon of light.

Tiffany was the one who made her so driven for success.

Tiffany was the only one that can cloud her logic.