Chapter 1

The Future Wife

"S-Stop," Jessica stops kissing a guy and he, who almost strips down his pants, stops as well when the door of her penthouse opens, revealing a rather short girl with a big suitcase. The girl looks at them with a confused look before the guy, in reflect, wears back his clothes. Meanwhile, Jessica just lies there on the couch only clad in her bras and underwear but she doesn't care; she wonders who the hell is the girl who just walked inside her penthouse.

"Are you guys done?" Taeyeon asks and Jessica tells the guy to get out of her penthouse after giving him a smooch on his lips.

"Who are you?" Jessica knits her eyebrows in confusion as she glances at the guy who just exit her penthouse.

"Taeyeon,"

"O-kay?" Jessica chuckles, mentally killing the girl for giving such a vague answer. "And you are a?"

"Your future wife," Taeyeon mutters, earning a wide-eyes look from the latter. "By now I think your dad should've told you that we're going to live together for a year and by the end of this year, we're going to get married," she stares at the semi- girl, eyes locked with the other girl's and waits for her reaction. When the latter only purses her lips into a straight line and does nothing, she sighs. "Aren't you ashamed of almost not wearing any clothes at all?"

"Why should I?" Jessica stands up and walks closer to Taeyeon who's now clenching her jaw. "First, I know my body is good enough for me to be proud of. Second, we're both girls," she scoffs before patting the shorter girl's cheek a few times. "Come, I'll show you your room," she mutters, still with her lack of clothing. Seeing this, Taeyeon sighs again before zipping off her jacket. As much as she appreciates the view that the walking goddess in front of her is giving her, she still has some conscience. She puts one hand on the latter's shoulder to stop her from moving and effectively making her turn around. "What-"

"You're going to catch a cold," the shorter girl drapes her jacket around the taller girl's shoulder, leaving herself in a grey sleeveless t-shirt with dropped armhole. "Put it on," she mumbles.

"Can't hold your hormones if you're seeing this body walking around semi-, is it?" Jessica teases her with a smile as she zips up the jacket, earning a scowl from the other girl. "Fine, today I'm going to be nice to you,"

"Uhh- thanks, I guess?" Taeyeon knits her eyebrows in confusion, unsure of how she should reply the latter.

"Nice arms you got there by the way," Jessica smirks as she sees how the latter instantly holds her arms to cover her muscles and she chuckles. "No need to be shy, wife. I like toned body," she winks at her and Taeyeon looks down to her feet feeling slightly awkward. This makes Jessica smile, she loves shy people - the best to be her partners.

Jessica nods tiredly at whatever terms and conditions that the short girl is saying to her about their arranged marriage; she’s not going to do the things that the other girl tells her to do anyway, she'll make the arranged marriage cancelled. She looks at the latter who’s looking at her with such intensity but the tone of her voice was so soothing that she almost falls asleep. She grabs the pillow on her couch and hugs it to give her extra warmth. She curses herself for only putting on a thin see-through oversized shirt and shorts that shows off a little of her cheeks. The last thing she remembers is Taeyeon saying that she should regard her as her legit future wife before she feels how her body is being carried and she plops on something soft, probably her bed.

She gets a little worried of what the girl will do to her but it seems that her worries are not necessary at all. She can feel how the latter fixes the blanket to cover her body properly. As much as she doesn't like how the shorter one is touching her body without her permission on their first day of meeting each other, she knows the latter means well.

Taeyeon didn't want to carry the girl actually but she knows how uncomfortable it is to fall asleep in anywhere else but a bed so she decided to carry the girl to her bedroom. She observes Jessica's features and she knows that the girl is gorgeous. If only her attitudes are good enough, she'd probably court her for real. Unfortunately, the girl has to have ty attitude. As evil as it is, her goal now is to make sure that the arranged marriage will not be cancelled and she'd do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

+++

Taeyeon wipes off the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand and lies down tiredly on the carpet floor, she has spent some time to unpack her things. She looks at her wrist watch and sees how the time has almost reached 11 p.m. and she sighs, she hasn't eaten anything yet for her dinner. Going to the kitchen, she sees how her future wife is gulping a glass of water, wearing a little black dress and black stilettos.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Oh, hi," Jessica smiles before she puts the empty glass on the kitchen island. "I'm going to Paraiso, you want to join me?"

"Club?” Taeyeon frowns, detesting the place that the latter has to go to. “Can you not go, Jessica? I don’t like it if-“

"I think you should know that I’m not going to make this arranged marriage work out," Jessica scowls while the latter frowns. “I’m going to make you give up on this marriage before our one year ends, Taeyeon,” she scoffs before taking her Maserati car key and a coat with her. As soon as the door closes, Taeyeon sighs; this job is not as easy as she thought it would be. She wants that huge investment and a day has passed just like that. She feels like she should be thankful though, at least it's not as awkward as she thought it would be if she exclude how they met each other.

+++

The next morning, Taeyeon wakes up to go to the bathroom when she sees how her future wife is sleeping on the couch, still with the mini dress while her coat is lying on the floor. Sighing, she puts one of the sleeping girl's arms on her shoulders as her other hand goes below her knee to carry her. She purses her lips into a straight line as she walks into the latter's bedroom with one thought - she'd get muscles for constantly carrying the girl.

Once her working time ends for that day, she goes for grocery shopping. Just when she enters the shared penthouse, she meets the girl again, already prepared to go out.

"Where are you going?"

"Meeting someone, I probably won't be coming home today so-"

"Please stop seeing other people, Jess-"

"I told you, I'm going to make you give up on this, Taeyeon," Jessica scoffs before walking away.

"You've constantly got your face on the cover of a magazine for sleeping around, aren't you ashamed?" Taeyeon frowns at the latter's careless attitude.

"It's my life, don't think that you can just walk in here and change everything," Jessica scowls as she exits her penthouse. Once she is in the elevator, she closes her eyes and sighs. She needs to plan how to make the shorter girl gives up on her. She doesn't want to be tied up to one person, it didn’t end well when she did so.

She calls her friend and tells him that she'd meet him in his house. When the guy screams out a 'yes', she scoffs before ending the call. Pressing on the gas pedal, she manoeuvres her car passed other cars skilfully and reaches the guy's house in no time.

Just when the door of his house closes, he pins her against the wall and mutters dirty words that she's grown to adapt to. This guy is a well-known actor, Ok Taecyeon, who's currently engaged with an actress but Jessica doesn't care. If this guy still wants her despite having a partner, it means that his partner is lacking.

+++

True to her words, the taller girl doesn’t come home that night, making the shorter one sighs in desperation; she slept uncomfortably on the couch waiting for the latter. Shaking her head, she makes a quick breakfast for herself before going to her office. She wonders what she should do to make the younger girl listens to her. She had this ridiculous thought of making the latter falls in love with her just so that she can control her but does she need to go that far? In addition, even if she wants to do it, how to make Jessica falls for her?

Once she reaches home, she sees how the other girl is already prepared to go for clubbing again and this makes her wonder whether the girl is unemployed or simply doesn’t care about her job. Without even bothering to say anything, she lets the girl exits their shared-penthouse and she plops tiredly on the couch with her mind still thinking of a master plan to make the latter fall for her. She curses herself for ignoring the girl just now, she should’ve at least said ‘hi’.

The next morning, she walks to the kitchen only to hear the sound of a glass being shattered on the living room. When she checks what it is, she sighs when it is Jessica’s foot that knocks down the glass from the table. She starts to wonder whether the said girl spends her night at her couch most of the time instead of her bed. She sees how the latter stirs a bit before falls asleep again and she sighs as she cleans up the glass shards. Putting the Jessica's arm on her shoulder and her own below the latter’s knees, she carries the sleeping girl to her bed to make her rest comfortably, just like yesterday.

Taeyeon purses her lips into a straight line as she fixes the blanket. As her eyes traces Jessica’s face, she notices how her cheek got a little bruise; something that didn’t exist a day before. She wonders what happened in the club that the sleeping girl comes back home like this. Now that she pays more attention to her face, she can even see dried trails of tears on her cheek. Just when she is about to caress Jessica's cheek, the latter opens her eyes.

“What are you doing?” Jessica mumbles, hands swatting Taeyeon’s hand away.

“I-I your- did you cry?”

“It’s none of your business,”


A/N Special thanks to darkwater, aiiyth, justanordinarysone, Bossbaby, tfyiska, Ameera_aa, taeng_sica for voting this story although the 1st chapter was not up yet!! Thank you for all who subscribed and commented as welk

I feel so pressurised but at the same time so happy to know that many of u support me :)

Do tell me what do u guys think abt this 1st chap!!