Chapter 2

The Future Wife

“No, tell me,” Taeyeon grabs her wrist and pushes Jessica to lie down on the bed again. The latter struggles for some time until the shorter one straddles her and pins both of her hands above her head. “Tell me,”

“Hmm, your dominant side comes out, huh?” Jessica smirks.

“What?” Taeyeon frowns, not getting what the other girl is saying. “Just tell me why did you cry,”

“And what are you going to do, huh?” The taller girl quirks a single eyebrow, challenging the shorter one to answer her question.

“I don’t know, I just-“ Taeyeon sighs. “Did you fight with someone?” She asks, this time the look in her eyes reflects concern and worry for the latter which actually makes Jessica feels touched a bit; it has been quite some time that someone genuinely cares for her. “Your cheek is slightly bruised,” she sighs again.

“It’s just a small bruise, it doesn’t-“ Jessica stops when Taeyeon walks away. “Yah…” she trails off, she can’t believe that the shorter girl just left her like that. Scowling, she fixes her position before attempting to sleep again. Just a few seconds after she closes her eyes, she can tell that the latter is back in her room again. Feeling annoyed for being left a few minutes ago, she pretends to be already asleep. When something cold touches her bruise, she hisses, “What are you doing?" She asks, only to be ignored again. When she smells a whiff of ointment, she knows that the girl is just helping her.

"I want it to heal fast,” Taeyeon replies as she caps back the tube of the ointment.

"Thank you, wife," Jessica rolls her eyes as she scoffs, making Taeyeon smiles a little; she's already a bit used to her attitude.

"I need to go to work, I'll see you," the shorter girl mutters and the taller one only gives her a small nod before fixing her blanket and closing her eyes.

+++

Taeyeon sighs when she remembers how her first meeting with uncle Jung went on. The old man directly told her how he didn't like her daughter's behaviour and he wished to arrange a marriage between her and Taeyeon because he knew that she was brought up well. At first, she declined it saying she's not interested in marriage but when the old man mentioned how he'd invest in her company, Taeyeon's ears perked up with interest.

Some may say that Mr. Jung is a bad father to sort of ‘sell’ her daughter like that but he actually means well, he wants to stop her daughter from having this bad social circle so badly. He watched how Taeyeon grew up to be a responsible and dependable woman so he thought why not? Why not try? Nothing will go that bad anyway, he trusts that Taeyeon would not spill the beans to his daughter.

Taeyeon arrives at their shared penthouse and true to what she has expected, the younger girl is already prepared to go to the club again. She clenches her jaw and wonders what can one do in the club each day besides dancing around and drinking? Is club that fun that it makes the taller girl keeps on going there? She glances at the latter's face and she just remembers the fact that the girl had a fight in the club, or at least that's what she has assumed.

"Are you going to the club again?"

"Yup! Feel free to join-"

"I'm actually going with you tonight," Taeyeon mutters, earning a single quirk of eyebrow from the latter. "I just want to know why do you love clubs so much," she reasons out when in fact, she is just worried that the girl may get into a fight again.

"Sure,"

+++

The sound of bass is deafening for Taeyeon and the smell of smoke mixed with alcohol shocks her senses at the beginning; it has been some time that she doesn't visit clubs. An hour has passed and she has lost count of how many times the other girl has disappeared from her sight. Lucky for her, she'd always managed to locate the girl. This time, Jessica has gone again but as much as she wants to find her, her bladder doesn't allow to do so.

Just as she enters the club’s toilet, she sees someone being slapped so hard that she has to fall down. When she helps the person up, her eyes widen in surprise to know that the person is none other than her future wife. She frowns seeing Jessica has already had tears in her eyes, probably due to the shock and pain.

“I’m sorry to intrude but I don’t think slapping someone is right,” Taeyeon mutters as she keeps her hold on Jessica’s body. Hearing the familiar voice, Jessica turns her head towards the speaker and she is surprised as well to see her future wife standing there.

“Listen, don’t in our conversation,” a woman hisses as she looks at Taeyeon with so much hatred. “If you were me, you’d slap this woman as well,”

“May I know what’s the problem? She-“

“Yah,” Jessica calls out the woman as she swats away Taeyeon’s hand. “It’s not my fault that you’re incapable of keeping your man. If you’re good enough for him, he wouldn’t-“ she stops and closes her eyes when the woman rises her hand to slap her again. When she realises how the hand didn’t touch her cheek, she opens her eyes to see how Taeyeon is gripping on the woman’s wrist tightly.

“Please, don’t slap my future wife again,” Taeyeon clenches her jaw and the woman looks at her with despise. “I apologise on her behalf and-“

“Future wife?” The woman laughs at her. “Listen, do yourself a favour and call off your wedding unless you want to be constantly two-timed by this woman,” she smirks. “Don’t you read magazines? Your future wife is known to sleep around and she- ah!” the woman shouts in shock when Taeyeon suddenly pushes her away with force as she lets go of the woman’s wrist, making her fall to the ground.

“Please stop talking badly about her in front of me,” Taeyeon hisses before she drags Jessica outside the toilet. The latter struggles to escape from her hold but the shorter girl puts on more force on her wrist instead until they’re outside the club. She unlocks Jessica’s Maserati, pushes the girl to go inside quickly before she goes to the driving seat. Once she enters her car, she sighs, “You can’t even defend yourself, why are you-“

“Excuse me, I would’ve defend myself if you’re not there but you kept on talking and I-“

“Was she the woman who slapped you yesterday?” Taeyeon asks as she presses on the 'start' button to ignite the car.

“It was a different one, I-“

“You got that bruise because someone slapped you yesterday and her ring hits your cheek is it? How many men are you seeing, Jessica?” The shorter one hisses before she frowns, not liking the conversation.

“Three, four – around there,” the taller one answers without a hint of remorse, in fact, it can be said that the girl is proud of it. This makes Taeyeon knits her eyebrows in disgust, she didn’t know that the latter has been so used of being touched by different man. She sighs again but she doesn’t say anything anymore; she doesn’t even know what to say to her future wife. Noticing the silence, Jessica looks out to the window as her left hand holds on her right-hand wrist; she’s going to have a bruise there, she can feel it.

As they arrive at their shared penthouse, Taeyeon rushes to shower and get herself some sleep because she still needs to work the next day. When she lies down on her bed, she can’t fall asleep; her mind is busy thinking of ways to fix Jessica’s attitude. It seems that the girl is so used of the attention she gets from different men that it would be difficult for her to get her heart. The woman’s words are still echoing on her head too like a broken record – would she want someone like Jessica to be her wife? She knows that what Mr Jung has offered is a very generous amount but, marriage is not all fun and games as well. She starts to have her doubts although it’s only been 3 days of living with Jessica.

Jessica puts on some ointment on her cheek as well as on her wrist. She was honestly thankful that Taeyeon was there at the right time or else it could’ve been worse. The girl was right, she can’t defend herself but her pride was too high to admit that. She hugs her pillow tighter as she smiles; it has been some time that someone would defend her like that. Her smile falters when her phone vibrates, she checks it only to see a message from the nation’s top idol – Lee Donghae.

Tomorrow with me? 11 p.m. My house

Her smile gets wider and she replies him with a short text before she puts on a reminder on her phone. Tomorrow would be great, she can feel it.

+++

Taeyeon is about to enter Jessica’s room when she sees how the latter is putting some ointment on her wrist and she frowns; did she cause it? She stops by the door of her room and observes the girl for a while. If one, look at Jessica without knowing her attitude, he or she would definitely have second thoughts for not falling for the beautiful brunette.

“Why are you there? I need to change my clothes,” Jessica mutters as she caps back the ointment tube.

“You’re going to the club again?” Taeyeon frowns.

“Nope, I’m going on a date,” the taller girl gives her a brief smile.

“This late?”

“It’s idol thingy, they don’t date when the sun is up, you know,” Jessica chuckles. “The darker it is, the better for them; less clearer pictures,”

“You’re dating an idol?”

“Yeah, sort of,” the younger girl trails off. “So, can you close my door? I need to change,” she smiles as she goes to her walk-in wardrobe to pick a dress to wear. She chooses a red strapless dress and a pair of Louboutin’s heels, not forgetting to pick a matched earrings, a handbag for her outfit and a black coat to cover up her clothes. She throws them to her queen-sized bed and about to takes off her clothes when she notices how the older girl is still there, waiting by her door side. “Out, Taeyeon,” she points at the door.

“You’re not going anywhere,” the shorter girl shakes her head as she leans her body on the door. Scoffing, Jessica proceeds to take off her clothes; making Taeyeon looks down to her feet. Although she has seen Jessica semi- before, this doesn’t mean that she’s used to it; she feels slightly embarrassed to see the latter bares it all.

“You can’t stop me, wifey,” Jessica chuckles as she proceeds to apply little make up and give her hair loose curls at its end. When she’s done, she scoffs when she sees the older girl still at the same spot unmoved. Just when she is about to walk pass the door, Taeyeon pushes her backwards before closing her bedroom door; locking both of them inside her bedroom. Jessica looks at her with disbelief; Taeyeon is childish, at least for her.

“I’m not letting you go on that date, no matter what it takes, Jessica,” Taeyeon mutters before she sits on the carpet floor and leans her back to the door. “You’re going to end all your relationships one by one and you’re going to stop having your one-night stands,” she looks up only to see the girl gripping on her handbag tightly, probably to tone down her anger. “I’m going to make you fall in love with me,”


A/N special thanks to Mj1234, gerasyika, gotz04, SNSD_OT9, Forlornstar, jsyj0418, laloser, nineothree, jung_soona, paperwhite, kimTaeyeonslover89, iammyth, maomaoo for the votes!! You guys are really generous of your votes omg.. Thank you so much.. Andddd, I've reached more than 100 subscribers just by one chapter!! Thank you for showing your interest in this story. Andddd all of you who commented, I appreciate all of them :)

Do tell me what do you guys think.. I'm still a bit slow in this second chapter to let you know what kind of lifestyle Jessica has