Chapter 4

I Can't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwoo is at the bookstore working her normal shift. It wasn’t too busy so she herself was reading one of her favourite books while looking over the counter. There are only two customers browsing thorough the shelves. Her co-worker, Junhong was on shelving duty as the tall boy walked around with the trolley full of brand new books and putting them in place, while Jongup followed him around with a stack of new books in his hands.

It was a slow day. Junhong was the same age as Jiwoo and they got along well. He was super tall though, tall and lanky to be precise. On the other hand, her other co-worker, Jongup was drastically shorter then Junhong. He was a year older then Jiwoo and Junhong though. Jongup always had this faraway look on his face as if he was mentally somewhere else. Granted, he was still taller then Jiwoo, Junhong was just abnormally tall…kind of like Matthew.

Her mind wonders to her date with Matthew last night. The smile he offered her and she feels her lips curve up to form a small smile on her face. At this point, her eyes are only following the words in her book but they don’t register in her head. While Matthew was probably as tall as Junhong, he was nowhere as lanky as him. He had a wide build and she could tell he was very muscular under the dress shirt he had on yesterday.

She is so lost in her thoughts of Matthew that she doesn’t notice the customer at the counter in front of her.

“Jiwoo!”

She snaps out of it and looks at Junhong who signals her to look in front of her. Jongup is just staring at her.

She apologies to the customer and totals up her books. Once the customer leaves she sighs and looks at the clock on the wall.

“Hey, are you ok?” Junhong asks.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I’m just a little bit distracted”, Jiwoo says with a tired smile on her face.

“Its almost time for your shift to end…wanna finish early today?” Jongup asks.

“Yeah, you keep on staring at the clock”, Junhong agrees.

“Are you sure?” Jiwoo asks.

“Yeah, go before you stare holes at the clock”, Jongup says and so Jiwoo leaves earl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter